Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what do you make of this website

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hypertrophic-specific training.

I am inclined to go with this programme because of documentation behind it which appears quite sensible to me (most who are not minimally learned in anatomy and physiology may find it overly academic - it suits me fine as it complements my studies).

Basically, I just want to know if there are anyone out there with a similar level of knowledge as this website has who knows it to be inaccurate or whether they have found the training regiment recommended directly detrimental.

Eulogy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can honestly tell you ( trust me I researched this for weeks ) that VERY few experienced bodybuilders have tried this program. When you ask people that used it of results, they are very lacking, people usually tell you they didn't follow it to a T... etc. etc.

That does NOT convince me, I decided not to waste 10 weeks on it, until I have some concrete proof of exprienced lifters actually getting some good gains on it. Until then, leave it to the wanna-bes.

line_in_the_sand

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done it two times, on seperate occasions. Same result. My chest grew, nothing else did, and my nutrition was excellent, if I may so myself!

Why? Well...hard to say, my recovery ability is probably better in the chest area to handle a bit higher frequency.

Do I recommend HST? Well...I'd say it's best for beginners. Do a regular 2 or 3 days a week-split.

Wanna know the fastest way to a great body? Get strong! Get freaky strong on all the big movements. Eat a minimum of 1.5 grams of protein pr pound of bodyweight, every day. Do that for six months, then come back and thank me! :D

I'd recommend keeping the volume low at first, just experiment with the frequency of workouts. When you've find a frequency that works, THEN you can experiment with more volume, and a little at the time, but don't fix something that ain't broken.

How to know if you're progressing? If you are getting stronger every workout, that is, increasing weights and/or reps, then you're fine. If not...well...something's not working.

Tip: For mass, do a true 3-4 second negative on every exercise EXCEPT deadlifts and squats, control the descent though.

Good luck!

Duke Togo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Max-OT is better, what is better then a generalised program is your own custom routine suited toward you.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard HST works really well.

Oni

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are other ways to achieve hyperthrophy. It basically means a gain in muscle mass.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know. came across the term in my physiological studies and this was what popped up in google.

It's not that dissimilar from Diesel's routine except that they emphasise doing ALL bodyparts each time, as opposed to breaking it up and giving each body part about a week's rest.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Begginers should work each bodypart once a week. Intermediate should bump it up to twice.

Google "Doggcrapp" and see waht you find.

line_in_the_sand

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys...trust me...you don't want to BEGIN with Doggcrapp. DC's program is recommended for ADVANCED lifters only, people who've been training consistantly and seriously for AT LEAST 3-10 years. DC and his helpers at intensemuscle answer countless posts from beginners who think Doggcrapp is the way to start. Trust me, it isn't.

For beginners, is highly recommend a full-body routine, at least for the first couple of months. In fact, I'm going to step on some toes and say that beginners are the only ones who will benefit A LOT from HST. It's a fine program, but if you want to get big, you need to get freaky strong, and do it within your genetic recovery abilties. HST is not the (best) way to get there.