What do you make of this girl?

lougv22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I haven't posted here in a while, but I've got an interesting situation right now so I thought I'd turn for advice to all the Don Juans on the forum. Here is what happened:

I met this cute girl at a Thanksgiving social event last month. We talked a little bit, I did some ****y & funny, she responded in kind, we were being playful, etc., etc. In short, it was going good. Before I could get her contact information she disappeared. No big deal. I meet her again two weeks later, we chat a little and this time I get her email.

Then we start emailing each other. After a few emails I say to her that I thought we should have a little chat. She responds and says 'I would welcome a friendly chat' so I reply back and I ask for her phone number. A week goes back and she doesn't answer so I send this email:

"Hi [her name],

Are you playing hard to get already?! Email me your home phone number down and I'll only call you 25 times a day until you wind up having to change it because I have nothing better to do with my time than call someone who doesn't want to hear from me.

Waiting patiently,

[my name]"

She responds on the very next day with this:

"I'm not avoiding you, I swear, I have just been out of control busy with Christmas coming up. I'm trying to think of a time when we can meet up, but I take the GRE Dec 27th and will be studying for that non-stop until I take it, and then next day I leave for [city name] with my boyfriend and won't be back till the 3rd. maybe after that? My home # is xxx-xxxx, but I'm hardly ever home to answer it, my cell is xxx-xxxx - I don't pick up calls that I don't recognize the number so leave a message!
-[her name]"

So what do you guys make of this? She gives me her home and cell numbers and says she wants to meet with me but at the same time she says she has a boyfriend. I am thinking of calling her and see what happens.

pvf94

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was an E-mail...that means she actually had liberal amounts of time to think about how to word thing's, if she really was interested in you im sure she would of left out the boyfriend thing, and the parts that envolve her not answering either phone.

But if you are really attracted to this girl, no harm in persisting and seeing if she indeed DOES answer her phone, and she DOES go out with you 1 on 1. Give it your best shot....good luck

Double C

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although her mentioning the boyfriend is probably a negative sign, the fact that she gave you her cell phone number in addition to the home number that you asked for could be a good sign. It's worth a shot to call her when she gets back from wherever she's going and see if she wants to hang out, but I probably wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just made her another girlfriend. :crackup: Waited two weeks and run into her again? And all you could obtain was an email?... A joke. She probably gave you her mom's home number and her other girlfriend's cell number. :cry:

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not so fast. Just because she said she has a bf does not mean she loves him that much or anything. Sometimes to get interest from girls I say things about other girls I am seing, just like the girl in this situation has done. So, maybe she is just saying something about her "bf" to see if you pursue. Only one way to find out. Call.

JPFromTally

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla my boyfriend bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

=EQUALS=

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla not interested in you bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lougv22 said:
Then we start emailing each other. After a few emails I say to her that I thought we should have a little chat. She responds and says 'I would welcome a friendly chat' so I reply back and I ask for her phone number.
Up to this point, this girl has done nothing to indicate she was interested in you sexually and you have done nothing to indicate to her you want her sexually. So far you come in very weak.

lougv22 said:
A week goes back and she doesn't answer so I send this email:"Hi [her name],

Are you playing hard to get already?! Email me your home phone number down and I'll only call you 25 times a day until you wind up having to change it because I have nothing better to do with my time than call someone who doesn't want to hear from me.

Waiting patiently,

[my name]"
You were trying to sound C&F on this email but it didn't work out. Your humor was too real as if you meant it. That is the problem when you write jokes through emails, it never comes out exectly the way you intended it. Instead you came off sounding insecure.

lougv22 said:
She responds on the very next day with this:

"I'm not avoiding you, I swear, I have just been out of control busy with Christmas coming up. I'm trying to think of a time when we can meet up, but I take the GRE Dec 27th and will be studying for that non-stop until I take it, and then next day I leave for [city name] with my boyfriend and won't be back till the 3rd. maybe after that? My home # is xxx-xxxx, but I'm hardly ever home to answer it, my cell is xxx-xxxx - I don't pick up calls that I don't recognize the number so leave a message!
-[her name]"
Translation: I have a very low interest in you. I am trying to let you down easy by saying I am busy with school and have boyfriend.

lougv22 said:
I am thinking of calling her and see what happens.
I suggest you delete the email and find girls with high interest in you, girls who won't try to avoid you and send you bull$hit emails.