what do you guys think about marriage?!

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not saying I know any better but I do know that I won't stand for a wife who lets her body go to hell, yells and screams at me, and won't let me leave the house.
Pardon me. But your statements make me curious about the things you'd do to prevent it.

How can you stop your wife from getting fat?
How can you stop her from yelling and screaming?
What can you do if she's interrupting all your conversations?

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly Ice Cold!

You can't prevent those things, no matter how DJ you are.

One of the biggest DJs I know is contemplating a divorce because of his nagging wife. She is constantly ripping on him -- never mind the nice house that he's paid for, the two cars, the kids he's helped raise, and the kick-a$$ lucrative job that sets this woman up. She's STILL unappreciative ... and she REALLY overachieved in the marriage dept. Cute, but not educated or making the bucks.

You can't stop those things, period. Women will nag, women will get fat.

About 90 percent of the people on this site are blinded, thinking that marriage is the panacea to happiness and they're hoping DJism will get them a wife.

DJism should be about living your own life and not letting a woman dictate your happiness or misery. If you want to get married to a fine, nice woman, do it -- after you're 30 please!

If you marry young because you're "in love" (that's called oneitis at that age boys!) and then 10 years down the road your fat wife is nagging ... don't say I didn't tell you so!!

These hard bodies aren't going to stay that way forever ... and once they have kids, it's off to the fat farm or psyche ward for how their moods have changed.

Good luck suckers!!

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Biggest Risk

Every girl I have known that has recently been engaged or married, has their ego go through the fvcking roof!! They suddenly become loud, outspoken and they flant that stupid ring infront of everyone.

My opinion:

Most women in life want to marry and have children. From the time they are little girls, they are dreaming of what their wedding day will be like. Once they get married, they have achieved that dream, then they let go of any and all restrictions from their personality. They let all their bad sides show, and they let themselves go phsyically. Most women in my gym that are taking aerobics classes and running are single; no coincidence that married women are not there.

I don't care how long you get to know a woman, how long you live with her before you get married...you just never know what the woman is going to be like after marriage. My Dad even warned me of this. In fact, he's been telling me not to get married. Just live with a girl, and if you want kids, just have them outside of marriage. At first I thought he was being a little crazy, but the more I think about it, the more sense it makes. If and when things don't work out, you just separate without all the legal entailments of divorce.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bronyraur

1. You must test your girlfriend. Marriage is a huge, life-changing commitment (especially if you have a kid) and you have to know how they will handle money, disappointment, stress, etc.

2. If you have any doubts, I mean any...step back and look at your relationship from the outside. You need to be aware of how she treats you and how the relationship makes YOU feel. Not what you feel for them. So Important!
#1 is a very good advice. You've got to test your girl in situations that don't let her to hide who she really is...in fact, the real side to any girl is a real situation. So stuff like money & stress, are things a marriage will definitely face. Gotta test for that. Plus I like to throw in liking the girl's family...if they live in the same city/area. The "wife's side" usually a pretty big influence too.

mongoose01

Don Juan
Reaction score
the grocery store

the grocery store is better than going to the movies, especially today. that's when all the AFC's are out (sat). i'm gonna download the bible and make copies and pass it out at the grocery.

i can see the headlines now. man is attacked in the grocery store by fat, nagging, wives.

i really think that you have to put your potential mate through some sort of tests, i guess. you don't want some one running off when sh!t gets tough.

i was out with my buddy last night. he saw his cousin and mentioned she might tell his wife she saw him. he then started to say what he'll tell his wife. i'm like dude, tell your wife we were out having a fvcking drink. he sounded like a teenager who got caught being somewhere he shouldn't be. it's pathetic.

but i think that simplistic wants for a marriage make the best marriages. some guys will say i want a women who is smart, sense of humor, sexy, and a host of other sh!t that sounds good on paper. all that is a given to me. i want someone who won't get all big and who'll suck my d!ck, often. i'm shallow.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good a response to my ranting.

How can you stop her from yelling and screaming?
Easy you grab her by the arm firmly and in a most stern tone say, "Stop yelling and screaming like that! I will not tolerate your disrespect. Start acting like an adult or we are going to have to talk about ending this right now!"

If you are a real man your woman is going to damn well know better to disrespect you like this well before you are married. If she's doing it then its because you let her get away with it in the past.

Seriously, I hear a guy like Player Supreme get flamed for all his ultra-masculine ranting and his ideas about being the dominant one in a relationship. Well he's damn well right. If you disagree with these ideas then you most definately will end up unhappy in marriage. I'm not saying every woman should bow down to your supreme manliness but respect is a huge issue. Too many chumps let themselves be disrespected. They may very well be DJ's but they aren't men. If your woman is disrespecting you, then you nip it in the bud right now. It stops or its over!

What can you do if she's interrupting all your conversations?.
Same as above but you don't have to be so aggressive. A simple but stern, "Don't interrupt me like that" should do. If not she already sees you as a pushover and a pVssy. You've got work to do.

How can you stop your wife from getting fat?
This one is funny. It starts with picking someone who won't let herself get that way. I've had relationships with lazy a$$ b!tches who you just knew would balloon out later in life. However I've also been with chicks who loved exercising and looking good. There's no way they would ever let themselves go. They are too concious about staying healthy.

With that being said, you still may end up with a fatty. I suggest treating her like a dog. She needs to be taken out for a walk or a run 3 times a week. Seriously, go cycling every second day, buy a home gym and work out together, etc. You lead and she follows. If she doesn't follow you just keep working out looking better and better and she gets fatter and fatter. Pretty soon she sees all the attention you get from the attractive women and she'll be forced to follow suit or lose you.

I know thats kind of shallow and harsh but in reality obesity is much like smoking. Its unhealthy as hell. Why would you want to be with someone who has no concern for their own well being? Nobody wants to be fat. With some encouragement and prodding I'm sure anybody can be convinced that they need more exercise. If you are doing it along side of her then how can she refuse? Its time well spent and you are doing it for the betterment of your lives and your relationship.

There you go Ice Cold. Hope I cured your curiousity.

:)

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Exactly Ice Cold!

Originally posted by WestCoaster
You can't prevent those things, no matter how DJ you are.
Being a DJ is a start, but it really takes a man.

One of the biggest DJs I know is contemplating a divorce because of his nagging wife. She is constantly ripping on him -- never mind the nice house that he's paid for, the two cars, the kids he's helped raise, and the kick-a$$ lucrative job that sets this woman up. She's STILL unappreciative ... and she REALLY overachieved in the marriage dept. Cute, but not educated or making the bucks
I feel sorry for your buddy. Sounds like he picked the wrong gal. Sounds like a pVssy to me though. She was probably nagging and ripping on him well before they were married though. She's probably always worn the pants.

You can't stop those things, period. Women will nag, women will get fat.
Aren't you a bitter one? I understand Americans have a real problem with obesity and that is sad. I hope you read my response to IceCold above about your girl getting fat and dealing with nagging b!tches.

About 90 percent of the people on this site are blinded, thinking that marriage is the panacea to happiness and they're hoping DJism will get them a wife.
Are you serious? My impression is exactly the opposite. Most guys here sound bitter and twisted to the idea of marriage. I'm just being the Devils Advocate here. I'm not Mr. Gung Ho on marriage either. I'm just trying to point out that as a DJ and a man people should expect and demand the best for themselves and their lives. Not to be afraid to do things (ie. get married) because they see other peoples failures. If you are a DJ and a man then you should damn well know better than all the chumps whose marriages are failing. You should demand better for yourself. If you want to get married, then like everything else in your life you make it the best marriage possible.

If you are afraid to get married because you've seen what's happened to some other chump, then you are already a chump. This is the point I'm trying to make. Don't let other people's failures affect your decisions Just because buddy failed doesn't mean you will. Not just in marriage but in every single thing you do in life. Have confidence in yourself. Every great thing that has ever been accomplised in this world most certainly dealt people failure in the beginning.

DJism should be about living your own life and not letting a woman dictate your happiness or misery. If you want to get married to a fine, nice woman, do it -- after you're 30 please!

If you marry young because you're "in love" (that's called oneitis at that age boys!) and then 10 years down the road your fat wife is nagging ... don't say I didn't tell you so!!
Good quote. Love it. Live it.

These hard bodies aren't going to stay that way forever ... and once they have kids, it's off to the fat farm or psyche ward for how their moods have changed.

Good luck suckers!!
Age catches up with all of us my friend. Male or female. I hope your pessimism towards this subject doesn't spill over into the rest of your life.

Once again WestCoast, I'm not some Pro-marriage idiot who thinks my ideas are gospel. I have a couple divorced uncles who have told me the horror stories too. This rant is directed at you but not to be offensive or cause hard feelings. Its more of discussion about the subject at hand and is directed at all the bitterness towards marriage etc.

Just picture this scenario.

Your 45-55 years old. Never settled down, never had a wife, never had kids. Your whole life has been all about you. Its been great. (Now I'm not saying this won't be me in 20 years either. And hell it wouldn't be that bad). However you never really had many meaningful relationships. All your family is pretty much gone. You spend the holidays and X-mas alone. Everything you do is pretty much alone. You still have your buddies. Most of them are married though and have their own lives to attend to. You still go out to the bars and pubs occasionally but everyone there is much younger and you don't really fit in. You still love screwing as many women as you can but your own looks are fading and the women you can attract are getting less and less appealling. As a matter of fact they are the very women that we are so desperately avoiding right now. The ones that couldn't find a man to sink their hooks into in their 20's. Probably because they were fvcked in the head in the first place and no guy in his right mind would marry them. 99% of the hotties with anything really going for them in life were snatched up long ago. If you find one now she's most definately been around the block a few times. Has some other guys kids, baggage, etc.

I've been exactly where you are right now WestCoast. I was bitter and had a negative view about things like marriage and women for a long time. I'm trying to keep a more positive attitude now though. I'm happier and sure the future may have some twists and turns.

Although I may very well end up there, I can at least hope for something better than the scenario above.

Peace.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good response Slickerster

Very good post and I agree with most of it.

Some responses (and I don't know how to get those letters bold to show previous quotes and respond -- how do you do that on this site?) -- First off my friend is a total DJ and had dozens of women before getting hitched. His wife was VERY nice before they got married and in their first couple years. Since she's had kids she totally changed. Hormonal changes totally threw her off-balance. Combined with hanging out with a man-bashing women's group, she's gotten worse.

Two, you can't GRAB women by the arm and tell them to shut up. They will file abuse papers on you so quick it's not even funny. This ain't the 1950's anymore. Every step you make is watched and documented. Non-abusers go to court all the time for alleged abuse and have to fork out dough. If you don't think this is happening, you're not paying attention.

Totally right on looking back on your life and not living it just for yourself. I'm older (40) and would like to get married some day (believe it or not!), and I've dated a lot lately (three different dates, three different women in the last five days), but American women from my vantage point don't seem to have what it takes. I think I've gone out with close to 20 different women just in the last 9 months or so, and frankly, very few stack up ... and I've been cutting them a lot of slack! They all suffer from being attention *****s, just talking about themselves all the time, and they rarely say thanks or reciprocate nice gifts I've given them.

That said, I plan on going to Europe next year or the year after, perhaps working over there for a year or so through a job exchange (I work in higher ed) and would prefer to date and eventually marry a foreigner.

I have fairly high standards and a woman needs to be highly educated, interesting, and physically fit. They can't nag or be b-tchy and American women often turn out this way despite that they're not showing this in the dating process. From my friends who married foreigners they said what they saw is what they got and they've been very happy.

I'm not against marriage, but I'm very, very down on marrying American women, no matter how great they look or act in the dating process.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Slickster
Just picture this scenario.

Your 45-55 years old. Never settled down, never had a wife, never had kids. Your whole life has been all about you. Its been great. (Now I'm not saying this won't be me in 20 years either. And hell it wouldn't be that bad). However you never really had many meaningful relationships. All your family is pretty much gone. You spend the holidays and X-mas alone. Everything you do is pretty much alone. You still have your buddies. Most of them are married though and have their own lives to attend to. You still go out to the bars and pubs occasionally but everyone there is much younger and you don't really fit in. You still love screwing as many women as you can but your own looks are fading and the women you can attract are getting less and less appealling.
You forgot to say that this is when men also start having health problems. Their cholesterol goes through the roof, their erections soften, but their joints are getting stiff, type 2 diabetes starts showing up, and their bad eating habits has given them a growing case of heart disease.

Yeah boy! This is the bunch I'm left looking at. What a lucky girl I am! Mortality has suddenly smacked them in the face and that nagging little voice is saying: "Who's going to take care of me if I get sick?"

This is what those guys look like from our side of the fence:
He's 45-55, never been married or even lived with anyone for a LTR. He couldn't find a woman? OMG! What's WRONG with him? He says he's had lots of g/f's which means he's promiscuous and probably can't commit to one person. He's too old to change now! Now he's looking for some one to take care of him in his old age. What a loser! I'm not wasting my time with THIS bum!

Personally, I'd rather take one of those wickedly bitter guys with bad divorces.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not everyone single is BAD

WaterTiger's response is typical American female, and that's why they're so f-cked up, being placed out of the market as more and more men date foreigners or stay single.

They'd rather be with an abuser or loser who has a divorce or two or three, than a guy who hasn't been married.

Personally, I know more single 45-year olds who are in great shape, financially well-off, and confident, than 45-year old women, most who have multiple kids, haven't read a book in two decades, and trash men 24/7. Oh yeah, and who look like sh-t.

They're the real losers.

Look for a mate not based on his dating or marital past, but how he treats you, how he carries himself, and how classy he is. I know, class is a term lost on 99.9 percent of American women as they don't have it and the men they seek don't have it. But men, also seek classy women if you can find one and be classy at the same time.

Best to date a foreigner as they don't have a checklist of 100 things to meet, but instead appreciate a classy man, who is successful, smart, and treats them with respect.

American women continue to bi-ch themselves out of the market. Make it tougher on them men, and date foreigners until they change their ways. They need more competition.

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
WC, kudos to you for pointing out the obvious, but I think you're missing something. You will find that foreign woman who behaves the right way and marry her and bring her back to the US and . . . she will start acting like an Americanwoman.

Why, after all, is she not that way now? Genetics? No. Remember, it was good for our grandparents. So what, then? Culture and Law.

You know, when you look around and realize that almost all women turn into this demon once married it's got to be the environment not the individual. Only rational explanation. The environment is that woman think that they can have it all and get disappointed when they can't. Media fed them that idea. They get FAT b/c of the crap food we are fed by fast food, frozen food, and other outlets, and the sedentary life of driving and watching TV. And the law ensures that they have the power not to improve so they can just abuse their hubby's instead.

So as I've looked at this problem -- and believe it, it stares me in the face all the time at the grocery store as others have pointed out -- it seems to me that to ** keep ** things good you'd have to be married and live in a country that does not constantly turn women into demons.

I've personally looked at Sweden as a very interesting place. Being half-Swedish, all the more interesting for me. This country, unfortunately, is no place to settle down. More like, make money, then get the hell out.

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
reply to water tiger

I am sure guys in their 40's are not holding up well anymore. That is the fault of crappy air, water, food, diet, and stress. The f'ed up American life style. If you got to another country you will be far more impressed. Cleaner air, water, better diet, non corporate foods, and low stress == much healthier men and women.

In the U.S. look for the natural health types. Where I live are a lot of gay guys, and they often look great. Reason is that guys are much tougher to satisfy in that dept. So they are very health conscious and it pays off. Of course, they can probably swing a lady in her 30's . . .

But more and more men don't expect their wives to take care of them. B/c fact is they won't. We've seen it. So, the guys who stay in great shape at 40s are probably not worth chasing. THey don't want a marriage. A maid is cheaper. A personal ass't once per week can handle the chores. An intern is gonna be a better lay. And what financial planner would advise risking 50+ percent of accumulated assets on a woman?

I think the only thing women can do in response is the same. Get a better diet, lifestyle, etc. Instead of bitter 40 yo's, **** some eager college boys. Man, the world is a better place when a college boy gets laid. You won't get a jock who is drowning in puzzy already but you can get a nice guy, you know, the kind you'd never touch with a ten foot pole back in the day, and break him in real good. Realize that this is the same class of guy who grew up to be out of your league and out of your reach and it's all the more sweet.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Slickster
Easy you grab her by the arm firmly
Uh oh - she picks up the phone, calls up the police and says that you're battering her. Police comes over, kicks you ass and throws you out of the house. :) Now she has it documented and can sue for alimony and 50% of your wages.

and in a most stern tone say, "Stop yelling and screaming like that!
Don't tell me what to do you bastard! I've wasted the best years of your life on you and you're wasing time with your buddies.
I will not tolerate your disrespect. Start acting like an adult or we are going to have to talk about ending this right now!
Me acting like an adult? Remember the time when I was in a hospital giving birth to your kid, and you had to go to a meeting? What kind of a man are you? You're not a man, you're a pig! :p

You sound nice and tough typing, but imagine that b1otch screaming at you for hours/days/years. Your perspective WILL chage.

If you are a real man your woman is going to damn well know better to disrespect you like this well before you are married. If she's doing it then its because you let her get away with it in the past.
I don't think so. Before she has the ring, you can kick her out any time you want. After, you can only get rid of her if you lose 50% of your assets. She knows this and this gives her a lot of freedom.

Same as above but you don't have to be so aggressive. A simple but stern, "Don't interrupt me like that" should do. If not she already sees you as a pushover and a pVssy. You've got work to do.
ok, she'll leave. But then she'll be nagging you for 2 days non stop. So you'll think twice when saying this next time.

This one is funny. It starts with picking someone who won't let herself get that way.
Oh really? So you can pick a biatch and guarantee that she won't get fat later in life? Please :rolleyes:

Take a reality check. Go through a photo album of a family who been together for 10 plus years and had a kid.

The wedding photos have a nice sexy girl, who you'd call a 8 or a 9 and would be happy to fukk.

The photos of the mom holding her kid are REALLY different.

So - I'm still not convinced.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the money Ice Cold

Never been married but you hit it on the button.
Unless these people think they can turn the judges of America to change their minds in giving women all the power, the American married male is f-cked up the you know what.

Women have the power in the relationship:

* Even if the man earned the money and BOUGHT the house, the woman gets it in the settlement.

* If you grab a woman by the arm, she will file abuse claims in no time.

* She will get the money for alimony in the divorce.

* She will get the kids -- even if she's a lousy parent and bringing different men to the place every week to screw in front of the kids. I know women like this -- unfortunately I've dated women like this -- and the honorable men do not get the kids.

DESPITE movements and groups to try and get more men's rights into divorce procedings, women will win out about 99 percent of the time.

Some of the people on this board are living in one big, freakin' fantasy land.

Now if they could find this world where men have rights, don't fork over life savings in alimony, and get to raise the kids, please tell me.

It sure ain't the good ol' U S of A, that's for sure.

Wake up fellas! Now!!!

* Great point on the wedding photos. Funny how these young guys think they can control a woman's weight. Hilarious!

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
looks fade, it's that simple....

if your relationship was solely based on looks, then it was doomed from the beginning.

If you are in your 40's and are having trouble finding a good woman, it's because guys like me have already married them. Sorry bud, you snooze, you lose.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right in theory Crank

I would have to say you're right on not snoozing, though there litereally are millions of women you fall in love with.

Unfortunately, in America (because of its culture) it's not millions, but trimmed to the thousands. The majority of American women are self-centered beyotches.

But your theory is right. In college I met a lot of awesome, great marriagable women. But at that time I was in no shape to get married. I had personal problems I had not yet resolved and I was very immature (probably still am!). As great as these women are/were, I would've ruined a potential marriage with my problems -- and I knew that.

What I didn't know was as I got older that American women would deteriorate from classy, educated, kind women in the 1980's to the overly tattooed, pierced, foul-mouthed, jerk-loving, sleep-around sl-ts that they are today. If I could forsee the future, I wouldn't have waited this long.

So instead of complaining, really the only solution is to date and marry foreigners. One can beat their head against a wall for so long. American women have b-tched themselves out of the market. More and more American men are going the foreign route and foreign men don't want to touch these women.

Props to you crank for identifying and marrying a quality mate ... you beat the time clock of the 1990's and 2000's were the American woman went on and is still on a continual downhill slide.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Right in theory Crank

...Props to you crank for identifying and marrying a quality mate ... you beat the time clock of the 1990's and 2000's were the American woman went on and is still on a continual downhill slide.
Bah! Don't go negative on women... I don't see anything wrong with American women, they come in a wide variety, but coincidentally, my wife is Moroccan

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Props on the Moroccan

Crank, good job on marring a Moroccan.

Uh, you've been married for way to f'n long if you think there's nothing wrong with American women. Trust me, I've been dating like crazy the last two years.

I appreciate the posts, but I never take dating advice from people who have been out of the dating pool for more than two years.

ALL married people forget what it's like to date after two years of marriage and coincidentally think it's really easy out there, that all American men or women are just fine, that it's easy, and it should be no problem to find a mate because they did.

Trust me, it's not.

Keep up the posts, but just as I can't give you advice on marriage, you in now way, shape or form can comment on the American dating scene. Sure American women look good to you on the outside ... you're not dating them, period, case closed, end of story.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Not everyone single is BAD

WaterTiger's response is typical American female, and that's why they're so f-cked up, being placed out of the market as more and more men date foreigners or stay single.

They'd rather be with an abuser or loser who has a divorce or two or three, than a guy who hasn't been married.
Now I know you aren't saying that ALL divorced men are losers & abusers. Just like ALL American women aren't f'cked up and evil.

It's just that I'm suspect of a man who's waited till the age of 45-55 to have his first LTR. At least I know the twice divorced guy opened his heart up to trying to love and make a commitment.

The never married man is so set in his "she was fun for a week, who's next?" behavior that I'm not convinced that he can feel comfortable with just one person.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Logic is still flawed WT

Who says twiced divorced men or even married men open up their hearts?! I know more people who married because society told them so or because of financial reasons then for opening up their heart.

These people are now in bad marriages or divorced.

To make the assumption that everyone who is married, been in an LTR, or divorced at one time opened up their heart is insane! There are a lot of narcissists who marry to gratify themselves ... and frankly in our society there are more of those than people who open up their heart.

I wish I could buy that theory, but it's just not true.

And perhaps the never married guy never found a person to share his life with? I respect a guy who VALUES the most important decision in his life than those who act hap-hazardly and run through life amok making decisions because it "feels good" and because it was TIME to open their heart, leaving a trail of wrecked marriages and relationships behind him, as well as children.

We're not talking about buying a car or house here, it's much more important to make a sound decision not based on society, age or because one has yet to open their heart, but make that decision based on the person being the right one at the right time. I would say 1 out of 100 men and women make this decision for the right reasons.

Again, complete flawed American woman thinking. More important to wreck lives through divorce than respect a man who cares about the most important decision in his life and won't settle on mediocrity -- no matter what his age.

Stunning and flawed logic.