Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do ya guys do during winter for cardio?

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Winter is here, in most places (excluding Africa, California etc...) its DAMN cold. So what do you do? Cycle, rollerblade? Yeah if ya wanna break ya neck slipping off the slippery (rain or even ice covered) streets. Run? Wearing 20 pounds worth of clothes on ya and not seeing anything due to the fact ya're all covered up.

I've been strength-training for 2 years, but am only now thinking about cutting so that my new gained muscle actually shows in spring. How do you guys go about serious cardio during the winter? I'm thinking something the equivalent of runing 30 mins everyday.

Toke

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm... good question. I've been wondering that myself lately.
I used to be a big guy, 215lbs at 5'9. Now I'm at 170lbs, with a lot more muscle. I work out, and exercise. But now its getting bitter cold here in the great white north, and I'm running out of ideas for exercise.
I grew to actually love my jogs, I looked forward to it even. Now its too damn cold to even think about it, so I'm getting lazy.
Shortly after xmas I'm starting, Karate, Rap Dancing and I might start doing some joggin on the treadmill.
Hopefully that all gets me cut by spring, as I also have a lot of new muscle I'd like to show off.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about this for a crazy indoor idea. Jumping jacks or jumping rope if you have a high enough ceiling.

It might be boring but you can do it while watching TV and can build up your cardiovascular potential.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not do winter sport? I know skiing isn't a real cardio exercise, but ice skating can be a fun workout.

What I do is stay indoor at the gym and do the treadmills and stairmasters. I hate windchills.

Civic11

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
first off Toke you do know muscle weighs more than fat?...anyways jumping rope is the best thing to do 10 mins of jumping rope is equal to 30 mins of jogging. Jumping rope also makes you lighter on your feet.

Hope that helps.

BTW, in my basement i have a regular size ceiling and i can jump rope fine.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
During winter I find boxing to be a great indoor cardio routine. Get a heavy bag, either one that hangs from the ceiling or one you fill with water/sand that sits on the floor.

Shadow boxing is ok to practice form, but as far as a routine its best to punch having some sort of resistance.

The New Don Juan

Reaction score
Here's an idea that worked for me, just make sure nobody is in the room... buy a Tae Bo tape. They work really well. get the advanced workout. That'll give you a workout.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New Don Juan I did that, i downloaded a clip from Tae Bo (a short workout). I was amazed how good of a workout it is.

To avoid looking like a fool I do jumping jacks and get just about the same workout.

Of course now that I think about it jumping jacks look kind of foolish too.

This is only when I don't have time to go to the gym, which has an indoor track

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have an indoor pool nearby, try swimming. It builds muscle, works your core, and burns fat better than any other exercise I've done.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Instead of Tae Bo, do something similar like a Kung Fu form. Go through a bunch of punches and attacks and make it look like you know what you're doing. Find a form in a book and go at it. Let the others know who's in charge.