Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do women think of smoking?

NismoAwan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a smoker. In my past experiences, a lot of the women that I run into, date, get to know, etc. are non-smokers. For the most part, I have found that if they do not physically see me smoking, it is not an issue. I must seem to mask the smell pretty well, plus I try to not smoke around them, therefore I do not have to hear a thesis on why it is so bad. Almost all of the non-smoking women that I have been in serious relationships with have found out. It has just ended in a "few make fun of's" and a list of why it hurts me, blah, blah blah. But for some odd reason, I think it is hurting my game. Maybe its just me, or maybe its not. Maybe you guys can help me out.

What do non-smoking women think of smoking males? Is it hurting my game?

Sweet Angel

Reaction score
28 year old non smoking female from Chicago here.

If I found out you were a smoker. Game over :( sorry. I even see Hot guys in traffic and as soon as I see them light up I am turned off immediately.

Can't deal with kissing an ashtray or having my clothes or his clothes smell of smoke.

Same with my circle of girlfriends.

Good Luck.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
listen. if a girl likes you...she likes you whether you smoke or not. and those who would make up their mind to date you or not based on a fact that you smoke should be avoided anyway. cause if they do it with smoking, they'll do it with something else in the future.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NismoAwan
What do non-smoking women think of smoking males? Is it hurting my game?
Overall? Yes. There's no one answer for your question, because all girls are different, but it is safe to say that you've missed out on opportunities you never even realized you could have had because you lit up at an inopportune time. Having been a smoker for 3 years (17-20), I've found that in the last 2 years that I've quit my options have opened up considerably.

Regarding girls who are non-smokers: some don't care if you smoke, some are willing to put up with the smell, others do care, still others don't care that you smoke but can't stand the smell. Like I said, no easy answer. Ask yourself though, what's keeping you from quitting?

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While our conscious gets involved, certain actions that make the other party turned off will not get you laid. End of story.

I bet if this chick who says she wouldn't **** a guy who smokes, will **** him if she had a little to drink in which case the subconscious controls her behavior and the concsious doesn't get involved too much.

Originally posted by Levex
listen. if a girl likes you...she likes you whether you smoke or not. and those who would make up their mind to date you or not based on a fact that you smoke should be avoided anyway. cause if they do it with smoking, they'll do it with something else in the future.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speaking of smokers, how many of you would go out with a girl that smokes?

There's this hb9 in the building where i work, i'd love to ask her out. But since i've seen her smoke regularly it's a turn off.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ScrewIt
There's a recent poll in AE which asked the same question. Check it out.

flyinshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ScrewIt
I personally am turned off by a girl that smokes. However, if she was really amazing, i would still date her but i would try to make her quit.

Also, regarding the main question of the thread, being a non-smoker CAN'T be a turn off for anyone, whereas being a smoker CAN. So to put all the chances on your side, it's best that u dont smoke. Not to mention the health issues and all...

CraigMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smoking is nasty. I dropped a good girl cause she wouldn't quit smoking. It was like kissing a fuggin ash tray.

Quit while your ahead.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of hot girls who smoke.

Her, "Hey do you have light?"

You, "yeah, but I usually turn it off when I'm with a girl like you.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sweet Angel
28 year old non smoking female from Chicago here.

If I found out you were a smoker. Game over :( sorry. I even see Hot guys in traffic and as soon as I see them light up I am turned off immediately.

Can't deal with kissing an ashtray or having my clothes or his clothes smell of smoke.

Same with my circle of girlfriends.

Good Luck.
what do you look like? are you a hottie?

Sweet Angel

Reaction score
"what do you look like? are you a hottie?"

I guess that depends on your taste, but I have never had a problem in the dating arena.

5'2 Petite redhead with green eyes. Currently in LTR.

;)

To each his own regarding smoking. Some tolerate it, some do not. I happen to not care for it. Some of us just know exactly what we are looking for. I personally was looking for a non-smoker.

So in answer to his orignal question ..I think a smoker is more tolerant of dating a non-smoker than the other way around. So yes his chances are slightly lower in the big picture.

~ Sweet Angel

redCobra1

Don Juan
Reaction score
think of it this way...it made me quit...you are 7 times more likely to have sex with a woman if you do not smoke. Men who smoke are unattractive,..you stink and your breath stinks. Take it from a guy who used to smoke and has been smoke free for over 2 years. Im not saying your garunteed results if you do quit...it just makes it easier for a girl who dosent smoke to be closer to you without the smell of old smoke on you. Think about it...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with what others said. You will open up a lot more opportunities w/ women if you are a non-smoker.

Let me tell you a story of his friend i had. Me, him and these 2 other gurls hung out a few times. But during all that time, he never mentioned, pulled out a cigarette/lighter, nothing about him smoking.

Then one night we run into him on the street (he was with a friend) we see him smoking.

A few days later, those 2 girls were in his face blabbering about him smoking... how it's bad blah blah blah...you know the story.
but...they just had bragging rights, as they are women.

in the end, it's up to personal preference as usual.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares?

It doesn't matter, just as long as she likes you and you have the attraction going for you.

Think about this: How many men said that they won't have sex or have a relationship with a girl who did X, Y, or Z?

And then did? I don't know about you, but I've seen it more than once.

There's even this one fellow I know, who's trying to get with this one chick who's 24, has a son who's 8 (yes she had him at age 16, and the father is gone), and is even his boss at one of his jobs. He likes her, despite all those negative things.

Another guy I know has repeatedly trash talked many people (he's going to get his ass kicked one day, I can see it), including many women. But he still fvcked them anyway.

I've seen many hot chicks who smoke, and to me I like it. It means that she isn't going to give me crap about my ongoing relationship with Virginia Slim (type of cig). I prefer someone who smokes, but I don't demand it.

I just care about whether or not she gives me crap about what I do (whether it's tobacco or something else), because that's stuff that I'm not going to put up with.

Say, why not send all those smoking hotties my way? If you don't want them I'll take them. :)

Ben

Move

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been with a fair few non-smokers and can't say it has EVER been a problem at all.

I smoke and personally, i think i would prefer a smoking girl. I find it sexy and i could avoid being preched to about 'another nail in the coffin' and plus, we have common ground.

If i am with a girl that doesn't smoke, i like to steal a line from those black and white films "mind if i smoke?". If she does object, then ill pack away until i can, but she gets big minus points for not liking me smoking.

If any girl i was in a relationship with tried to stop me from smoking, it would be a sackable offense.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I smoke from time to time when I'm drinking. It's about half and half for girls. Half of them care half of them don't. The girl i'm currently after is a smoker, and she's smokin hot. One example of a hot smoker is all I need to tell you that there are hot girls who smoke too.

I use to think smoking was a big turn off to ALL girls but it's really no big deal. I mean the tobacco industry banked off the image that smoking was "cool" for years. It's not like a light switch where you can just turn that notion off in the minds of teens and what not. It isn't as widely accpeted as it use to be for sure, but where I live cigarette companies still have a firm grip on the town.

Not saying it isn't an ugly habit, cause it is. But there are several ugly parts to life (or at least mine anyway).

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Move
If any girl i was in a relationship with tried to stop me from smoking, it would be a sackable offense.
There's a word for that - addiction.
Originally posted by PRMoon
I smoke from time to time when I'm drinking. It's about half and half for girls. Half of them care half of them don't.
Right... and if you don't smoke, then you get that other 50%. I don't know about you, but doubling my chances of success by simply not putting a cigarette in my mouth seems to be a pretty easy thing to do...

yunghova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
My take is BE yourself, I do try not to smoke while first approaching a girl while lighting up, cause like someone said if she likes you, she likes you and YES, some chick do have their mindset on not dating a guy who smokes. My take on this is any girl with a preconceived notion about a person should be avoid because they are narrow minded.