What Do Shy Woman Do?

itstough

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I have been into this woman who is shy and thought that I have not really seen much posts on what shy woman do to show that they are interested in you. So how do shy woman show you they like you?

The shy woman who I am almost sure likes acts like I am nothing to her. She will not make eye contact with me she does not talk to me. I always thought she was not a very nice person but one day I decided to talk to her and wow did she was I worng about her not being nice. I said How are you today she said OK and gave me the deer in the headlights look I got shocked myself because her she is just staring at me and not saying anything so I thought of something else to say to her and then she opened up and start talking. It was weird because when I was walking away she I am about 10 feet away from her leaving and she Yells have a nice day! Then the next time I see her she ignores me. When I do look at her she shows no emotion its like she is acting. Also another thing she does is I see her looking at me out of the corner of my eye. Once I was standing outside and I got this funny feeling somebody was watching me I look up and there she is across the parking lot looking at me once she saw me looking back she looked away. Finally I am walking through the parking lot at work and she is walking through with a co-worker of hers off to the side behind me and her friend taps her on the shoulder and points me out to her she starts looking at me. So obviously she must talk about me to her friend. Then another day she is walking through the parking lot again and she notices me and puts her hands over her face and looks down then she looked back at me like 3 times. So is this normal for shy girls what else do shy girls do?

Hamno

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just imagine all the typical shy guy behaviour and project it onto women, but its typically even worse for them because they are not pressed to make that first move, or any move...nor do they have truly any idea on how to make a move!

If your looking for encouragement you'v got nothing to lose by simply getting her to open up in an ACTUAL CONVERSATION(but she is definatly not going to initate conversation) and saying "hey, i'm going for coffee after work and your welcome to join me if you want"....

Hamno

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is almost exactly a girl who was nervous around me was behaving. I didn't know if she was really that shy or just playing games.

The 'deer in the headlights look' to looking at me when i'm not facing her (sidelong view) and then turning away when i catch her, pretending to be on the phone ..

My guess is (as in my situation) that she has a boyfriend (a selfish dude that plays around and takes her for granted etc.) so she's getting her ego boost from you because she does find you attracitve but will not act on it.

This girl also ignored me (made a point to) when other people were around.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thought I was in some type of space-warp reading that first post with all the double pronoun pairings in there

dude - slow down and read what you write before posting. It doesn't have to be what your highschool english teacher wants, but get it reasonably readable

anyway - you already know she's interested (yeah! you know that!) so how many more green lights do you need? Is there a particular shade of green light you're looking to see? SHE'S INTERESTED - you've hooked her! The facts are in, the signs are there and they're legion!

Next step!

She's not a bytch, she's actually friendly. She's probably smart and interesting and has lotsa quirks. Go talk to her everyday already. If nothing else, you found out she's fun to talk with, so indulge yourself.

and just so you know - if you talk to her again, or everyday, she'll know you like her and want to ask her out. Don't hide it. It's a good thing. It's funny how women can read the subtext to situations like that and know what they mean. So ask her out. She wants a date. She wants a boyfriend. She wants you.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just be carefull and don't 'idealize' her because of her
shyness. You'll know what i mean when you find yourself
thinking about her and kind of fantaszing about her and
becoming almost 'fond' of that 'image' you hold of her in
your mind-That might have nothing to do with reality or
who she really is.
especialy with someone like her,i'd say
with shy girls in paticular- the standard techniques may not
work on her off the bat , because you're never quite sure how
she'll respond.
Assuming that's she's interested or anything right now because
of some random incidents that occured- would'nt be my
first insticnt to do.
Personally,i'd continue with the small talk and gauge her
reactions to it.Nothing too heavy or anything canned,
just small talk peppered with some light flirting.

Looks are DANGERously decieving, for all you know now
she could either be the sweetest girl in the world or
she could be an obessesive man-eating wh0re slut ,
just because she's shy dosen't mean a thing...

I remember working with this one guy at a warehouse,
and he was cool as a cucumber and was friendly most
of the time.Well, one day he gets in a contfrontation with
the boss and he disappears for a few minutes- i catch
later hitting some boxes and cursing like he was possessed
or something...this guy was clearly 'enraged'..not just mad..
you never know about some people....

itstough

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks I kind of get the idea she is interested in me. I was just wondering what shy girls do for future girls I may met. I never see anything about shy woman here.

I guess one thing I was wondering about was the fact when I was standing outside the other day and she saw me she covered her face like she was playing peek-A-Boo :D and looked down at the ground then looked at me. BTW somebody told me this I was not even looking at her, so she was doing this behind my back. And the part were she was adding up some reciepts and asked me to wait for 2 minutes, I told her ok then she added like 2 more and got up giggling like she was nervous and I was not doing anything I just said OK and stood waiting? Anybody?

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know man, there was this girl up in waffle house working there. This girl completely ignored me and its like were the only two in the whole resturant that is in the 18-23 age range. I thought she was a ***** so when I came up to pay my bill, I completely ignored her when she was facing me.

Every time i go up in there, ignore that.
*breath in, breath out*

gimmeyofonenumba

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by organizedconfusion
just be carefull and don't 'idealize' her because of her
shyness. You'll know what i mean when you find yourself
thinking about her and kind of fantaszing about her and
becoming almost 'fond' of that 'image' you hold of her in
your mind-That might have nothing to do with reality or
who she really is.
especialy with someone like her,i'd say
with shy girls in paticular- the standard techniques may not
work on her off the bat , because you're never quite sure how
she'll respond.
Assuming that's she's interested or anything right now because
of some random incidents that occured- would'nt be my
first insticnt to do.
Personally,i'd continue with the small talk and gauge her
reactions to it.Nothing too heavy or anything canned,
just small talk peppered with some light flirting.

Looks are DANGERously decieving, for all you know now
she could either be the sweetest girl in the world or
she could be an obessesive man-eating wh0re slut ,
just because she's shy dosen't mean a thing...

I remember working with this one guy at a warehouse,
and he was cool as a cucumber and was friendly most
of the time.Well, one day he gets in a contfrontation with
the boss and he disappears for a few minutes- i catch
later hitting some boxes and cursing like he was possessed
or something...this guy was clearly 'enraged'..not just mad..
you never know about some people....
Listen to this man^. Good advice, the same thing happened to me and i became infatuated with the chick. Since she doesnt really open up that much you start paintin an image of what you would like her to be like. You start being TOO forward, needy,etc.

itstough

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what was her putting her hand over her face and looking down for? She did that then look back at me then looked away then looked back. Weird what people do when they think you are not looking.

The other day she says you work at xyz right? I told her yes "she knows darn well where I work I am standing outside when she comes to work almost everyday" Then she asks me if I work in this certain dept. I told her NO and I told her what dept I worked in and that was it. This is the second time she ever talked to me without me starting it first. The other time was the same thing asking me if i work where she knows i do unless she thinks I am some strange guy who hangs out of the store i work at eveyday.

My sister told me to send her flowers and in the note to ask her out. Yeah I know don't do it and don't take advice from woman but is it different in this case? Because this woman may pass out if I ask her out heck I might too.

So is there any other reasons why she does this stuff other than she is digging me?

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't send flowers, just keep talking to her.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, I was actually going to post a topic about the weird observations that I had ong shy girls.

There was this one girl at my work who I always saw around, but when I tried to say hi or whatever she always broke eye contact and was difficult to converse with. I thought she was stuck up or something because she was pretty fine, and didn't pay it any mind. Anyways, she told this gossipy guy in my department that she liked me and he told me so I picked her up and we went out. She flaked out on our second date...so...whatever...

Also, there was this other girl at work who I would see around the store that was sort of the same way. Bad eye contact, bad at conversation. Cute though. Anyways, one day she was hanging out with some people from her department that was near my department and I walked up and started talking the the group. I asked her what she was doing over here and she said that she came to "check out the cute guys"... There's nobody else in my department that's under 35 or at all cute. BIG IOI, but yeah...might pick her up if that other girl doesn't work out.

So, the moral of the story is...

Shy girls tend to have bad eye contact and poor conversational skills (initially). I think the best way to deal with them is to build rapport because they're already attracted to you.

itstough

Don Juan
Reaction score
So with a shy girl there are no signs?

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the age old saying: treat the ***** like a princess and the princess like a *****.

If she's shy, give her more attention than you would say an outgoing club beauty. The club girl is used to having attention thrown at her all the time, whereas the shy girl is not used to being the center of attention.

Really, just engage her in some goo conversation until she warms up to you. Chances are you're not going to get her to have a ONS.

itstough

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed this hb does not seem to be looking at me like she use to. She has a friend who she walks in to work with. She is the same girl who pointed me out to her in the parking lot the one time. Well I am in this resturant with my friend he tells me that hb's friend and another waitress was looking at me when I was getting my food and when he turned and saw them looking at me they turned there heads. It seemed that HB was not paying attention to me. So we leave the resturant and are walking through the mall and my friend turns around and he saw the other waitress who was sitting with HB's friend walk out in to the mall and was either watching us walk down the mall or she was just looking and then she turned around and went back in the resturant.

So last week HB asked me if I work at xyz company I told her yes. But she asked me this same question a few months ago. She knows darn well where I work she see's me standing outside almost every morning when she is coming to work unless she thinks I am some weirdo who just stands outside everyday.

The other day I grew some balls and decided to talk to HB and when we was talking this friend of HB's comes walking up I look over at her and she is smiling at me. She does not continue to the counter she just stood away while I finished talking to HB.It seemed like she was not in to a long convo. I have to type what was said :eek:
Me:: You are from New York right?
HB:: Yeah
Me:: What Part?
HB:: Manhattan
HB:: Ever been there?
Me:: No
HB:: It's a nice place
She then gave me my reciept to sign and was just like have a nice day. "why she left Manhattan to come to this little town is beyond me"

I had the plans on asking HB out because it seemed like she was digging me but after the above with HB friend I wonder if either HB's friend likes me or she is just watching me for HB??? How can I tell or what should I do? Hb's friend is hot as well.

Lovesorrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don´t want to hijack the thread but I am in a similar situation.

There is this girl at the gym who never looks at me straight in the eye. However she touched my hair once, she says bye to me when she leaves the gym, she says joking "Come on, why did you stop, keep working out!" when I´m resting, etc.

How should I approach her? I have the impression that she´s faking low interest. What is strange is that despite her "playful way" I noticed she gets very serious when I am around her.

Any suggestions?

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Shy Girls

Negatives:

1) The only thing that you can do with shy girls at first, and for a while, is TALK to them having small conversations. They have to really get to know who you are before they open up to you in any way whatsoever.
2) You have to keep having small conversations with them instead of long conversations
3) Dont count on getting anywhere with these H0's anytime soon once you start gaming them ... takes for fvcking ever to make them open up and spread em...
4) If they have a bad day, theres no telling what they'll do .... plain and simple ... I like to think of it in terms of a bunch of girls who prolly would go and shoot up a school - that type ....
5) Communication with them ALWAYS sux - you cant teach an old dog new tricks

Positives:

1) Once they open up to you and begin trusting you, its usually long lasting as opposed to a lot of girlies who are the typical short term Hollywood girlfriend type
2) Less proned to cheat on you for obvious reasons - they lack the social skills

In conclusion, should you date a shy girl .... add up the pros and cons and you do the math :D

-Laterz

Macgyver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TxCowboy pretty much got it down, you should know that you're almost going to do 100% OR MORE energy and time with a shy girl.

An outgoing party girl, you will get an answer almost within 1-2 dates if she wants to do anything sexual with you. A normal person will take probably 1-2 months. But a shy girl, don't expect to get laid EVEN about 2-3 months from the start of communicating with her. Trust me on this. They're a lot of work of work, but if your personality is similar you are in, but if you're outgoing or one of those feely types then count yourself out right now.

Lovesorrow

Don Juan
Reaction score
Macgyver said:
TxCowboy pretty much got it down, you should know that you're almost going to do 100% OR MORE energy and time with a shy girl.

An outgoing party girl, you will get an answer almost within 1-2 dates if she wants to do anything sexual with you. A normal person will take probably 1-2 months. But a shy girl, don't expect to get laid EVEN about 2-3 months from the start of communicating with her. Trust me on this. They're a lot of work of work, but if your personality is similar you are in, but if you're outgoing or one of those feely types then count yourself out right now.
Yeah, I think the same way. I just need some advice for my "problem"!

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Organizedconfusion good post. Shy girls or girls who become really shy because they like you can be extremely frustrating, well, maybe if you're a bit shy like me. I would try and make eye contact to open with a passing "hello", but whenever it's ideal, they look away. Just know that they expect you to do ALL of the work, from breaking the ice to initiating a date with little to no effort from them, and you can most likely expect to be carrying the conversation atleast from the start. For a guy like myself these girls are annoying as hell, but if you're an outgoing person it shouldn't be any problem for you.