Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do parents do?

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Other than feeding and basic care. Do any parents these days, especially in a countries poorest areas, do anything to mould their children into functioning adults? I understand part of childs personality is biological but it is nuture that dictates their behaviour. So many men who: live a life in world of Warcraft, can't control their anger, don't think about their actions, don't have any desire to better their careers, have terrible social skills, don't respect anyone in their community. The list goes on. I'm not going to mention women for various reasons. Is it just me or does it seem like most parents don't actively try to improve their childrens chances to succeed as an adult and just focus on improving their immediate behaviour?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
There are a lot of men raising kids and doing a lot more that providing for and shelter.

But you also have to understand when you are teaching children values and respect for others that you don't end up raising victims for people with no standards.

Using immediate behavior as a guide for 'life lessons' is one of the biggest parts of parenting. I think I get what you're saying. If you're just looking for compliance instead of ways to have your kids learn things like patience and persistence, that's a huge problem.

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well yeah I get that that focusing on immediate behaviour is important but I think most adults neglect long term behaviour. As an example, not developing his confidence or social skills, whether that be making friends or not being the schoolyard bully.