"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What do I say in this situation?

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
I need a bit of help here. What parts of this phone conversation should I change when I face similar circumstances with other girls:

This is all paraphrased:

HB8: Hello
Me: Hey, it's blah blah
HB8: Hey! I'm on my way to work, stuck in traffic
Me: Oh yeah? Hey listen, let's go get a drink after you get off work tonight.
HB8: I think that will be too late (she works until 11).
Me: You think? I'm fine with it.
HB8: Yeah, it's pretty late
<small talk for about a minute about school>
Me: So what do you say? You owe me a drink anyway.
HB8: <laughing> For what? (She paid last time)
Me: I'm not sure, but trust me. So you think it's too late?
HB8: Yeah, but I'll call you.
Me: Alright, I'll talk to you later then.

Quick Background: The last time we went out (when she paid for drinks) was to "study". Since then she dropped the class so it was clear to her that I was simply asking her out. I've only known her for about a month too.

I'm not sure if I'll hear from her again, but that's not the issue here... What mistakes were made? Two things I think I did right were *tell* her that we're going out and not ask. Secondly I told her that she could buy me a drink, even though she bought last time... I didn't put her on a pedistal.

How can I improve this type of conversation with future ladies? What should I say after the "I'll call you" line?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
it was ok, but u couldve done better

always ask once, if they give you a no, just be cool with it
dont ask a second time, it'll be like nagging, if they dont want to then they dont want to.

well you could say "im going to the bar in a bit, u wanna join me?"
whether or not she goes w/u , you still go to the bar.
but i'm not sure if this really works better compared to the "lets go to the bar"
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Sorry guys, I'm not usually a bumper, but, *bump*.
 

diablo

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
4,678
Reaction score
9
Location
Louisiana, USA
Originally posted by GaryNas

HB8: Hello
Me: Hey, it's blah blah
HB8: Hey! I'm on my way to work, stuck in traffic
Me: Sucks to be you... Hey listen, I'm going out tonight, want to come get a drink with me.
HB8: I think that will be too late (she works until 11).
Me: Wow, I had an 11pm curfew when I was 15.
HB8: Yeah, it's pretty late
<small talk for about a minute about school>
Me: You owe me a drink anyway, it's about time you get me back.
HB8: <laughing> For what? (She paid last time)
Me: I'm not sure, but trust me. I'll see you around 12.
HB8: Yeah, but I'll call you.
Me: Alright, I'll talk to you later then.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

vectorz

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2002
Messages
462
Reaction score
0
I would've stopped saying "You think?". When she said "It's kinda late" or whatever, that's obvious no intent of interest on her part. You *might* have been able to spark something by being funny. Saying something like, "you have a curfew? I see, I guess it's for the better anyhow since I only date grown women.".

But it does seem like a no go from the get go. Sorry
 
Top