What did I do wrong?

TheProfessor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I usually lurk but now I'm posting, awesome site. Sorry if this is hard to follow, Its late and I'm tired and dont care about paragraphs or grammar right now. THanks.

OK heres the situation fellas, Girl A just broke up with Guy B and from what I gather, she is not completely over him(1 year relationship) well we went a group retreat kind of thing and Girl A and Guy B both were on it, So while we were away for 5 days the situation was kind of akward(how the hell do I spell that word?) and Girl A seemed interested in me and would always make sure she sat next to me, would whisper in my ear and playfully hit me, you know the drill. But then at other times she would have her head in her hands all emotional and stuff I guess about the breakup. Guy B picked up on this and started to be a hostile towards me and stuff. What a homo... So yea, Girl A would really kind of avoid me when Guy B was around so like what the hell who cares right? Anyway, tonight me and my friends played Halo tournament and Girl A and Guy B were both there, I walk in the door and Girl A is following me and stuff and talking to me, we were in the room alone for a sec and she started to ask me questions that I was like WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING me this inside my head. It went like this...

Me: I Luagh at something she says cause she is ditzy...

Girl A: Do you think I'm weird?
Me: Yea(this question was a no win in my mind, i figured she might take it playfully and i think she did, what should I have said?)

Girl A: Do I annoy you?
Me: Not really(IM LIKE WHAT THE HELL DO I SAY? I want to be C/F but at the same time I don't want her to think I'm not interested)

Me: So after an awkward pause, I say think of some BS and say "Why do you try to annoy me?"

Her: No thats just the way I am sometimes and I annoy people not purposely

Me: Ow.

She then goes downstairs and doesn't talk to me for the rest of the night.

What the hell?

Did I do something wrong or was it just by coincidence? Also what should I have saiid for future reference, and what the hell do I do next time I see her?

this girl is an 8 BTW, but she is cool and stuff... Help a Brother Out.

THanks guys,

payce

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girl A: Do I annoy you?
Me: Not really
She probably heard your "Not really" as a polite yes. From what your post says, you sound like you were rather aloof with her, when you should have been showing more interest.

I think a lot of guys try too hard to be witty and c+f, or even worse, try to be so cool they end up being cold. Just relax, don't think too much about what you're saying and speak to her like a mate.

TheProfessor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn dirt, I think your right...

****, won't let that happen again, thanks.

Should I have just said a quick "No?"

As to being aloof, I guess I had to at certain points, knowing that her ex-boyfriend gets pissed at me when we flirt(and she picks up on it and usually stops) I couldn't run up to her and start kino and have a long ass convo, I have to pick my spots kind of... that and, I had a game to play. :p

Ow well, you learn from your mistakes I guess.

Thanks again.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you ever think that she might be using you to make her ex-bf jealous? Obivously she's not over him yet, (you mentioned this already) so she's using you as her pivot to get him all worked up and bothered.

Don't let silly girls play you, she didn't give you one sign that she was interested in you romantically, so don't sweat it.

PIMP

TheProfessor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pimp-sicle
Did you ever think that she might be using you to make her ex-bf jealous? Obivously she's not over him yet, (you mentioned this already) so she's using you as her pivot to get him all worked up and bothered.

Don't let silly girls play you, she didn't give you one sign that she was interested in you romantically, so don't sweat it.

PIMP
Of course I thought of that, that was the first thing I thought of when she was all up on me. Maybe I miss spoke, the relationship with her ex was rocky for about a month, so I think she is kind of over it and looking for other "opportunities". Like I was saying though, she avoids me when he is around, but when he isn't she is always by me... so it's the opposite, if she really wanted to make him jealous, when he was right near me she would be all over me right?

Phew. Thanks for your input my man. And your right, maybe she is playing me, so **** that, I don't even really care.

Next.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point Pimp-sicle. Either that or she may be using you to restore her self-esteem, so be friendly but cautious.

If she ever b1tches about her ex- to you, then that's a clear warning sign and you need to tell her you're not interested in listening. You don't want to become her girlfriend or sounding post.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I was saying though, she avoids me when he is around, but when he isn't she is always by me... so it's the opposite, if she really wanted to make him jealous, when he was right near me she would be all over me right?

Not so. She was sitting by you and whispering in your ear during this camp right?

The seed has already been planted.

Now you tell us your in a room ALONE..... her ex is in another room with everyone else and you and her are in another room alone...

She's using you whatever the reson.

Either to make her Ex jealous - or to make herself feel good.

Just keep doing what your doing.

Bottom line - if you want to go out with her - ASK HER.

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
her: do I annoy you?
you: sheesh, you have no idea, and if you don't quit you might get a spanking (you must have quite the smirk with this line)

her: do you think im wierd?
you: wierd looking? (chuckle) no your great.

dog, you pretty much were an ass to her... you actually have to say something funny to be c&f

to avoid the akward pauses, ask open ended questions, and answer her questions with questions to keep the conversation flowing (don't completely avoid an answer however, some guys i think do this to try and create mystery but the just look like a fool)

my suggestion would be: take this girl out on an action date, and end it with a movie at your house;) . If you get some play, who cares if she is trying to use you as a rebound or get her ex jealouse, at least you got your dyck wet.

TheProfessor

Don Juan
Reaction score
DAMN, you guys are good.... Why couldn't I think of that b? I guess I'm just not that quick...

And yo, I don't want to go out with her, so I'm not going to ask her. Im not interested in a relationship, just some pootang. :D

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not interested in a relationship, just some pootang.

So what you waiting for?