what did i do wrong?

zakman4

Reaction score
ok, so i just started my second year of college. theres this good looking girl in almost all of my classes. I've already met her and we sit next to each other in a few classes and talk every once in a while. I've been trying ****y comedy on her every chance i get. and i feel like its been working. however, earlier tonight i went to a swingdance class for fun. she was there and we started dancing. i tried using ****y comedy, acting like i knew what i was doing and whatnot. she went along with it and everything so i figured it was working. after about 3 minutes though, she told me she needed to go get some water and said i should give the other girls a chance to dance with me (playing off my ****y comedy). maybe i'm just being paranoid, but the way she said it sounded like she was just trying to get rid of me. I'm trying to figure out what went wrong. i'm a pretty bad dancer, but i have enough confidence i think not to look like a puss when i mess up, i just go with it. so i wanna know what happened? the only thing i can think of is maybe i was too ****y and not funny enough. what do you guys think?

TruthHurts

Don Juan
Reaction score
zakman4 said:
but the way she said it sounded like she was just trying to get rid of me.
You just need one of us to tell you what u already know... Yes, your gut feeling was right... She dont like you like you do. Move on...

Good luck

eveningnews

Don Juan
Reaction score
it sure sounds like you seemed way too needy and available. she realized this decided to not pursue it. remember, some of the best pickups happen when you're not trying actively

YoungSir4sho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So Wat Exactly Happened Afta She Left. Did She Get Her Water N Came Bac? Or Jus Left N Neva Came Bac. U Said Dat U Talked To Her Earlier B4 Rite. Mayb U Should Have Let Her Come To U, She Might Have Felt Like U Couldve Been Stalkin Her Or Dat U Was Mad Needy Feel Me

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zak, give the other girls a chance too. IF she suggests you go to other chicks, then go do it. Thsi shows confidence, and non attachment.
Don't already start developing a Oneitis phase with this chick.
I'm not a fan oof ****y coedy or ****y whatever.
It may be possible this chick isn;;t as recpetive.
You do know, that if this is not your true personality you will slip yup at some point. And if she's there, she'll notice.
IF she notices you not being ocngruent, that's a bad sign for her.
It kills attraction.
This is why it's so important to internalize all aspects of interactions, intelligent approaching the interactions between Men and Women.
She seems like a nice girl.
BUt alwasy use the opportunity for Sicial Prrof, and increase of Value in her eyes, and any woman's eyes. Try to avoid passing up the chance to make thigns look good in your favor.
IF your rpersonality is REALLy THE ****y comdey funny guy whatever...then go with it.
If it's not, then you're using a technique. And every technique has its limitations.

Also, basic thing here..she is not your girlfriend. So stop acting like you need her to constantly reassure you of your status or anything, ok?

There is no status there.
She's just some chick you know.

make sure that thought goes deep into your head.

IF she was trying to get rid of yo,, big deal. she doesn'twant to be with you? Bg deal.

IF maybe she reallyu did just want to take a break? Fine, big deal, go dance with some other girls. No big deal.

Stop trying to read any deep things here.
This is just part of the territory when dealing with women.

I want you to read this and think about it , and then let it soak into your mind:

Dealing with women, dealing in this romnatic/sexual interaction Dynamic with Women, is NEvER, EVER LINEAR or OBVIOUS.

You have to develop the tools to navigate these waters in your own. And from your own experienmces, amke decisions and observations.

And realize that at the end of the dya, it's just some chick you know.
She's not your wife or even your girl frined.

Don't get too emotionally involved or attached.

zakman4

Reaction score
hey guys, thanks for the great responses, i wasnt expecting so much feedback so quickly. but anyways, i'm just now setting out to really get this area of my life covered. my goal is to have it down by the time i graduate. So right now, i'm really just trying to figure out what works for me. and i appreciate your advice and your criticiisms, i know that they will make me better. but i will say this, about 2 hours after we finished, the girl wrote on my facebook wall thanking me for the dance and everything. so maybe i did do some things right. like i said, im just figuring out what works for me. thanks again.
-zak

SaucyBoy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Please have it down long before you graduate. Hope that was a joke.

kdnash82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C&F only works in situations where you can actually pull it off.

You said yourself that you couldn't really dance, so acting ****y in this situation probably came across as stupid, and not very funny.

Pick and choose the right times to use the things you learn from this site. Not everything is gonna be able to be used in every situation.