Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What car do you drive?

The_Mole

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how can u guys like the big block engines on those cars you are talking about? 40$ fill ups at gas. my uncle bought a 90 mustang new, because peopel were always tell him that they were faster than japanese cars. it broke down at 25,000 miles.

i've seen how my uncle drives, he likes to push the gas all the way down until he reaches the speed limit. he always presses hard on the engine and brakes because of this, but the car's tran shouldnt break down at 25,000.

now he drives a 95 civic dx, "riced up", and he floors it all the time when accelerating and nothing has been wrong with his car ever since he bought it new. he says the ride feels better than the mustang, but maybe not the speed.

D'light

Don Juan
Reaction score
1998 Ford Ranger
good little truck that gets resonable gas milage

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DirkPitt
Honda Accord 2002 Coupe White V6 tan leather.

Slick small car w/ a masciline engine and a touch of femininity.

Chicks dig it, but its kinda a chick car. i'm thinking about buying a new Supra from a police auction. those things are cheap. less than 2g's and i get a semi used in crime 1998 Supra.

No way in hell you can get a 1998 Supra for 2grand. Just the 2JZGTE costs more then 2k as a new motor. I'd be hardpressed to believe you could get a MKIII in decent shape for this much.

DJLiquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metaphor
Hey Liquid what mods are done to your TA and what HP did it dyno at?
Mods on the TA (Manual 6-speed) are the following:

Direct Flow Lid
K&N Filter
Polish and Ported Throttle Body
Hooker Headers (Jet Hot Coated)
Off road y-pipe
Corsa Cat-back
Thunder Racing Cam (224/224 .563 lift on 112 LSA)

dynoed at 345rwhp/355rwtq before ported TB and Cam...I am just waiting for an ASP underdrive pulley to get here..so that I can install it and dyno it again....should be around 400+rwhp once it is tuned...I am looking at getting a good deal on an ATI Procharger...if that goes through...I am hoping for 550+rwhp by the beginning of next year....if not...I am going with an NX wet kit 150 shot....

-DJLiquid

falloutboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
pardon the ignorance but how does one get your car tuned? do you just go to the shop and do it and is it common practice to just DIY?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
92 probe GL. i like the looks of it compared to the "box" looking cars.

Planning on something nicer when im out of college.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
95 Bmw 325i

DJLiquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by falloutboy
pardon the ignorance but how does one get your car tuned? do you just go to the shop and do it and is it common practice to just DIY?
You need a program called LS1 Edit to reprogram the PCM...pretty much allows you to adjust fuel tables, raise the rev limiter, etc....this program is available to the public...but the cost is $550 + dyno time...and a shop usually charges around $400-$500 for lifetime tuning (meaning every time you put anything else on your car...they will retune it for free after paying the initial fee)...so I am going to have a shop do mine...since they pretty much know what they are doing...and can get it tuned in a day...alot of people do it themselves...usually because they like to learn how to tune their car...I myself just don't have the time to learn how to use the program..and be messing with my car...since its my daily driver...I do however do my own installations usually with the help of friends...

-DJLiquid

The Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
99 mustang v6 -daily driver

03 nissan frontier desert runner- familys, but i take it during weekends. Dont really know why lol

and to that guy that doesnt like big blocks- it must be your uncle dude. you can shove a blower the size of a spare tire up the 5.0's ass and it will take it

softail1451

Don Juan
Reaction score
98 Ford Ranger Fully Loaded

1970 Olds 442 clone with a 454 L6 GM crate motor very nasty.

2001 Harley Davidson - I seem to find the chicka's dig this more than the other 2 rides, they claim they like the vibration, hmmm. I wonder why??? :cool:

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome ride Liquid. I'm a serious fan of the LS1, but my Dad wouldn't let me get the v8, so I got a 3800 instead. I'm hoping in the next year or two to get one in either a TA or a C5, since I think the prices for both will be dropping considerably. Either one of those or a Supra, but I'd really rather stay domestic. Also have debated dropping one of the huge Chevy crate engines into my car and getting ws6 upgrades to the tranny, etc so it can handle it.

falloutboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
good stuff liquid.

i must admit, i only got into how cars work and tuning after playing Gran Turismo 3, but i think it'd be awesome to save up to buy an old car and just mess around with it.

BrownDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
2003 Mercedes-Benz C240 4-matic
Top Speed: 146
Fastest Speed in a School Zone: 102

NBA23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
92 probe GL. i like the looks of it compared to the "box" looking cars.

Planning on something nicer when im out of college.
I still have my old 1990 Ford Probe LX. Love the thing to death.

Got it for 3,600 dollars with 69,000 original miles, new rims, Firehawk tires, front leather bra, fog lights, and it had every single option for the 1990 model.

The thing is 13 years old with 93,000 miles, hardly any rust (can't see any of it anyway), and runs great.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mine's at 47k miles, needs body work (nailed a garage at 30), and a new paintjob. Its a stick and for this 118 HP car it accelerates pretty damn nice (Kept up ahead of Impreza and Saturns) , I got nice sounds setup inside so that's why i love that thing.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro 5-speed manual with T-Tops.

Chicks dig it, and it's fun to drive :D

Linky.

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metaphor
Awesome ride Liquid. I'm a serious fan of the LS1, but my Dad wouldn't let me get the v8, so I got a 3800 instead. I'm hoping in the next year or two to get one in either a TA or a C5, since I think the prices for both will be dropping considerably. Either one of those or a Supra, but I'd really rather stay domestic. Also have debated dropping one of the huge Chevy crate engines into my car and getting ws6 upgrades to the tranny, etc so it can handle it.
Thats the only bad thing about those is that they lose half their value in like 3-4 yrs from new. Mmmm must have Z06.