Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Can I Do?

LONELYBOY

Reaction score
ALRIGHT THIS IS MY FIRST POST SO BEAR WITH ME. I HAVE BEEN READING THE DON JUAN NEWSLETTER AND TIPS FOR A LONG TIME NOW. MY PROBLEM DOES NOT LIE IN PERSONALITY OR INTELLIGENCE. I AM 26 YEARS OLD AND HAVE NEVER HAD A REAL GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE I HAVE A LOW SELF IMAGE. ALL OF MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN REJECTED AND BEEN GIVEN THE RUN AROUND BECAUSE I AM OVER WEIGHT. I NEED SOME ADVICE ON HOW TO GET MY ENERGY AND POSITIVITY LEVELS UP. IS THERE A FAT BURNER THAT REALLY WORKS? HOW DO I MOTIVATE MYSELF TO GET UP OFF THE COUCH EVERYDAY? I COULD USE SOME GOOD ADVICE. THIS IS THE KEY STEP IN ORDER TO FURTHER MY LOVE LIFE. I WANT TO DO SOMETHING THAT GIVES RESULTS. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. -LONELYBOY

BY THE WAY, I AM 5'11 AND 287 LBS, BIG BONES AND I WORK IN A NON-PHYSICALLY DEMANDING ENVIRONMENT.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congratulations on taking that difficult first step to make a change. I'm not going to bullshyt you, this is the hard part, but hopefully you'll see the rewards at the end of the line will be worth the sacrifices you'll have to make.

1. Read my GUIDE TO CUTTING UP. Your first step is getting rid of all that extra fat before you can even think about putting on muscle. Even though, since you're a total newbie, you'll still put on a little muscle just from the newness of weight training.

2. Clean out all the junk food from where you live. Take a garbage bag, throw it away, give it away, but GET IT THE FUKK OUT OF YOUR HOUSE!! You can have no temptations around to fukk with your diet. No easing into it, none of this pvssy, fat housewife shyt. You're a man, and real men go fukkin' hardcore.

The first week is going to suck, you're going to get cravings. Gut check time. That's why you get all the shyt out of the house. You're not much different than a smackhead going through withdrawal.. except your drug of choice is whatever the hell it is you gorged on to get you close to 300 lbs. The second week won't be nearly as bad, but you still might get cravings. After that, you're pretty much on cruise control til about the sixth week, where you might get another round of cravings... but get through that unscathed, and you will succeed, it then only becomes a matter of when, not if.

3. Plan to begin your new diet on Monday. This weekend is for preparation. Go to the groceries, clean out your fridge, kitchen, go to the bookstore, and join a hardcore gym...i.e. light on the spandex and heavy on the smelly iron. Trust me, the guys in the hardcore gyms will help you and become your biggest cheerleaders if you keep showing up and busting your ass and proving to them that you're not some fat pvssy who is going to quit after 2 weeks. hell, you may even pick up a training partner along the way.

4. Start reading this forum and www.t-mag.com for general background on training. Do not read the shyt you see on the newsstands. It is only going to confuse you. Trust me on this one.

5. Go to the bookstore and buy Arnold Schwarzenegger's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Follow his "basic routine" with the modifications outlined in my GUIDE TO CUTTING UP. This is not optional. Read as much of it as possible before Monday. When you buy it, check www.exrx.net for animation on how to perform the exercises.

6. Take a picture of a guy you WANT to look like. Take a picture of the kind of woman you WANT TO BE FUKKIN'. Got that? Good, now paste those pictures on your refrigerator door. Every time you get the urge to cheat, you'll have to stare at what you're giving up for that piece of pie. Pretty effective motivation, huh? Every time you go for that boring, umpteenth bowl of oatmeal and thousandth chicken breast you'll know why you put up with it.

7. Go to grocery store and buy the following items:

Quaker Oatmeal - the natural shyt that comes in big tubes.. not that microwaveable garbage that comes in little packs.
Eggs
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts , Turkey Breasts
Green Vegetables (particularly green beans, broccolli, and spinach), Onions, Peppers, and Green Onions.
Tuna in Water
Brown Rice
Tons of Water
Myoplex protein shakes - get em here www.muscledepot.com - go with the Strawberry Cream or Orange Jubilee flavors.
A good whey protein powder - (I use chocolate Optimum Pro-Complex) also available at www.muscledepot.com
A bottle of Hydroxycut, Xenadrine, or MD6... all very good fat burners
A bottle of Vitamin C
A bottle of Vitamin E
and if you still have some cash left over... a bottle of L-Glutamine.
Cold-pressed Flax Seed Oil (available at health food stores or a local GNC)
Barbeque Sauce or a Fat-Free Dressing for the Chicken / Veggies
Equal
Sugar Free Jell-0
Sugar Free Lemonade or Iced Tea (to stave off the sweets cravings)

This is what you'll be living on for the next 4 months. (except for one meal on Sundays - for sanity's sake and other metabolic reasons) Follow the cutting diet/training to the T and by the beginning of the summer, you will be at least 50-60 pounds of pure fat lighter.. as you educate yourself on training you'll see why this is different than just losing 50-60 pounds period.

8. If the revulsion you get from looking at the sad sack, no ***** gettin' motherfukker staring back at you in the mirror isn't motivation enough to get off your ass and into the gym, then you're fukkin' hopeless.

9. Welcome to the rest of your life. Be a fukkin man and change yourself, don't settle for being a fat fukk the rest of your life. There are a lot of girls out there waiting to get fukked. By you. Are you man enough to do what it takes to get there?? I have given you blueprint, and we are here to answer your questions, and of course, you can always just sound off here.. we won't judge you. But ultimately, this is all you. Don't be a pvssy. Make it happen.

good luck,
D

Classic

Don Juan
Reaction score
6 months ago, I noticed a fat guy come to the gym with a buddy of his. Everytime I was there, he was there, working his ass off. Now, 6 months later, he looks like he shed off another person, and he's still working his ass off. I (and others) have a lot of respect for this guy because he stuck with it.

If you go and workout, stick with it, others will respect you as well as encourage you. I know DIESEL has said this already, but it's important to mention because it can be a good motivator. Best of luck to you buddy.

And DIESEL, that was one hell of post.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LONELYBOY
HOW DO I MOTIVATE MYSELF TO GET UP OFF THE COUCH EVERYDAY?
Originally posted by LONELYBOY
ALL OF MY LIFE I HAVE BEEN REJECTED AND BEEN GIVEN THE RUN AROUND BECAUSE I AM OVER WEIGHT.

Sounds to me like you've just answered your own question.

LONELYBOY

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS.....I WILL PUT THIS POST UP SOMEWHERE WHERE I CAN READ IT ANYTIME I NEED TO. DIESEL YOU SOUNDED LIKE A DRILL INSTRUCTOR AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. I'M SICK OF BEING THIS WAY AND AS SOON AS I GET OVER THIS FUKKIN FLU THAT I HAVE I WILL BE OUT THERE DOING THIS. I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ON MY SUCCESS BECAUSE I WILL NOT FAIL. I HAVE A STRONG MIND AND THIS WILL BE MIND OVER MATTER FOR ME. I'M NOT A CRACK HEAD I'M A JUNKFOOD HEAD AND THIS IS MY REHAB.

AND AS FOR MY SCREEN NAME, I WONT CHANGE IT UNTIL I EARN THE TITLE................THANKS...................LONELYBOY

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
DIESEL: Holy crap... that post was amazing. Although I'm not faced with the described situation in any way, I do have my own particular fitness goals. I found that motivating.

That part about taping a picture of some chick you want to fukk on the fridge is golden.

Nice.

- Maurizio

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey lonelyboy,

take this time to go to the bookstore and get that book. Start reading it immediately. Just reading it and looking at the pictures of the young Arnold in all his glory will get you hyped to start lifting.

Also do the whole kitchen clean out thing... just because you have the flu doesn't mean you can't at least start putting the process in motion.

Strike while the iron is hot. No time like the present, and all those other cliches... but hey, they're cliches because they're true right?

good luck, bro. anything at all, post and we'll reply ASAP.

D

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had to bump this.

Damn Diesel!!....If I was this guy reading your response....I would have lost weight just from reading the words on how to change.:D ..

The Edge 'Some have it and some don't'

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
DIESEL, some good stuff there. Just going to add a little more, since I personally just started a fat burning diet to burn off that last bit of annoying fat I've had all these years... FOR GOOD.

Food consumption is not as easy as just eating well. First off, you need to lower your caloric intake. Figure out about how many calories you've been eating and then knock off about 15%, that's where you'll start. Pay attention to CARBOHYDRATES, PROTEIN, and SATURATED FAT. For each 100 calories you consume you should get around 13g carbs and 8g protein. You want as little saturated fat as possible and keep the amount of total fat you eat below 50g per day to start.

Second, you will be eating five or six times a day. More or less divide your calories up as evenly as you can manage into 5 or 6 meals, depending on what is easier for you. Try to balance carbs and protein equally in each meal or at least every other meal. Eat every 2-3 hours, it will keep your metabolism going all day. Make sure to have a protein shake immediately following a workout, mix the powder in skim milk, it is VERY important you do this.

Cravings will hit you. They hit me and I'm not the type of person I'd expect to have such cravings. I see wings or hearty breakfast or burgers, but I get eat a dish of chicken, rice, and potato. Best thing to do is drink a glass of WATER when a craving hits.

Speaking of water, drink a lot of water. Stay well-hydrated, water will help with cleaning out your system and you will notice some of your "cravings" are thirst pangs. In fact, about all you should drink is water, skim milk (SKIM ONLY), green or black tea, and sugar free ice tea. DIET soda is allowable once a day, if you really need soda. Go two weeks without soda and it will taste funny after that, you will never need to drink it again, trust me.

Workout 5 days a week. 3 days should be lifting weights, 2 days should be cardio and abs. You do not have to do extensive workouts, but you should be doing 2 or 3 different excercises per muscle group and 4 or 5 on your legs overall. Do at least 3 sets, no more than 5, and increase the weight each time. You want your excercises to make you FAIL on most of your sets and you never want to be able to do more than 12 reps. DIESEL's article on cutting is a good place to start, as he already mentioned.

Do not try to do everything at once. This will take time, quite a bit of time. Keep sight of your long-term goal and make short term goals to try and accomplish every 2 or 3 weeks. The first few weeks are the hardest. GOOD LUCK!!!

essjay

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while, but this thread encouraged me to make my first post.

Two years ago I was 5'11 and 220 pounds. I got down to 160 pounds. Then i hit the gym with the purpose of putting on some muscle. Today i'm 6'2 and 185 pounds. You can do it too!!! It's really not that difficult. It takes a little willpower and from the sound of it, you're as serious about this as i was!

Coming from a guy who lost the weight and then started a workout routine - what Diesel says is absolutely true. The only thing i can add is to make sure you don't eat too much (in terms of volume of food) Something that worked for me was to try to eat 3/4 of what i normally would for any meal.

The other thing that helped was a silly thing, but when i got cravings for food - i went and cleaned my teeth. You'd be surprised how it gets rid of the craving!! When your mouth feels fresh and clean, the last thing you want to do is stuff it with food!

Good luck!!

PS - with every pound that comes off, you'll feel that little more confident, and have a little more energy. It's an upward spiral that's fantastic!!

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other thing that helped was a silly thing, but when i got cravings for food - i went and cleaned my teeth.
Wow... that's a really good Idea, I've never thought of that before...

CONAN

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,
Diesel, for u to post a message like that to a complete stranger shows that you area man to be respected, superb!
Lonely boy, this time last year I was 5'8 and 203 Lbs, now I'm
150Lbs, cut and feeling a whole lot better,
It is very hard at first, but if you dig in and be commited there is nothing that can stand in your way,
Listen to what the people who know are telling you!
Do it! if I did, you can.
Conan

The Edge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really advocate the 'DJ Bible petition' theology crap:rolleyes:
(You know, where someone jumps on the writers 'nuttsakk' and pleads for it to be a Hall of Fame post):confused: [Sorry Demon..There was no better analogy here]

But this is what it is. If a phat ass comes to this site and reads D's post on this thread...... He'll definitely get to work.

Notice TheLonelyguy hasn't posted here since D rattled his cage.
(He's probably still busy trying to find a new name whilst cleaning out his fridge !!LOL!!):D

The Edge 'Some have it, and some don't'

Last edited:

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start taking an ECA stack (caffeine+ ephedrine + aspirine).
It'll help you lose weight by speeding up your metabolism and it'll also improve your mood since it's a stimulant. But be carefull, it VERY addictive.
Take it 4 times a week TOPS and every month, stay a week off.

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Aiken_Drum
Start taking an ECA stack (caffeine+ ephedrine + aspirine).
It'll help you lose weight by speeding up your metabolism and it'll also improve your mood since it's a stimulant. But be carefull, it VERY addictive.
Take it 4 times a week TOPS and every month, stay a week off.
Important stuff. The bottle may say "twice a day, every day." What you want is twice a day, every other day. It's not good to take it every day. Do not take an ECA stack for more than 12 weeks. D listed a few in his post, I'd suggest Xenadrine myself.

Jin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the first thing you have to do is get off your fat ass and off this computer and over to the gym.

Rashad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jin
Well, the first thing you have to do is get off your fat ass and off this computer and over to the gym.
Yeah.. its been covered very well by DIESEL.. lets not dwell on it and make him feel even worse..ummk?:mad: