What can good-looks do that a personality can not?

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kineti[C]harm's example illustrates EXACTLY what I see/experience 3 times a week!
tactic, I don't want to sound insulting or condescending, but "I've met SOME guys who aren't good-looking yet they have lots of style and maturity and they get women that way" is not convincing enough. We are talking GENERALITIES here.
And by the way we never said "not so good looking guys NEVER get WOMEN", it's just that they don't get the HOTTIES as easily as the good looking dudes. And there's nothing you can do about it, except improving your game when at the same time acknowlegding the situation.

Again another parallel. Let's take the myth of the American dream:
You can be very poor, but if you work hard enough you will be successful eventually.
How many "successful" people actually come from very poor families? Of course they do exist, but how about the majority?
Now saying hard work will get you a LONG way is one thing (it's absolutely right), but saying that if you work hard enough money has almost no impact on your future especially compared to the rich kids is just a big MYTH and a big LIE!

Now back to the looks. We never said looks are a BIG deal, but it's a factor that should be taken into account. There's no way you can improve a situation if you don't even want to see the problems.

Hamaraz

Don Juan
Reaction score

My conclusion is that looks are equally important for men and women, but women often are forced to drop their standards to find a man who is the most suitable for finacially supporting their lifestyle, which often may not be the most handsome guy. [/B]

I agree with your post. You could say the same thing about sex, girls love sex as much or more (they get more orgasms) but because they care for their image, they do not talk about it. They talk about it with their girlfriends. They want the same thing as men in their mate, good looks, good sexual technique, but eventhough there is more equality in the workplace, hb do not want to work so they must look for how a man can take care of her financially. She must make her decision, she wants the perfect man but rarely can find it then must make choices. She finds a hot man, and tries to remake him into a $$$$ machine to take care of her, this is why women try to remake men. If she cannot find a good looking man, then she has to decide if she wants to work or find a man who will support her. If she chooses the latter, she is a PROSTITUTE.

Hamaraz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the point some are missing on the fat guy who has 3 good looking girls in 2 months,

The guy can BANG.
Once word a man can bang, girls spread the word and it is very easy for fat bangers to get laid.

But if he was good looking and had a fit body, he would have 10 fold the women and they would all be 9+

There is a big difference in rarity between 7s and 9s. The higher you go, the rarer they are and the more rare they are, the more of pool these babes have, and they can find good looking studs who can bang instead.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take your own view of attraction as an example. From my perspective, there are different types of attraction I feel for women:

1. The gorgeous women who catch my eye straight away and really get me hot. I don't care what they're like as people, I just want them in a physical sense.

It's all about looks and they'd be able to get my attention in an instant, regardless of how AFC or *****y they are. If their personalities come up short, then a short term relationship/fling is as far as it will go.

2. Women whose style and look appeal to me psychologically. They're not necessarily the hottest babes I have seen, but I'm attracted to them and would feel proud to be seen with them.

It's about the way they dress, the way they carry themselves and the attitude they convey. They'd also get my attention in an instant, but I'd not be so rash in jumping into bed with them.

3. LTR potential. The sort of women who are good looking, appear to be good company and who I'd feel comfortable spending my time with.

This is about connection more than anything. It's a combination of personality and common interests, but without the looks they'd probably just be a good friend.

4. The not-so-hot women who grow on me the more I get to know them. I find myself thinking about her a lot, look forward to seeing her and suddenly realise I'm very attracted to her.

Purely psychological. It's someone I enjoy spending time with, who makes me feel good and who I would like to get closer to. In such cases I usually don't consider how the girl looks so much, unless she's particularly ugly or has a very poor sense of style.

That's my take, but I think women have similar ideas. There are just different routes to appealing to a woman's different senses of attraction.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are chasing your own tails. Discuss what you will, I've said everything I care to say on this matter.

I'm a good looking guy now, but someday I'll be an old man. And you know what? -- I'll be more DJ than ever before!

I'll be Spike aka "Gramps" the Don Juan.:p

Funny, the guys over in the 'mature man' forum were right all along... This main board is going downhill. AFC's are giving AFC advice on a DJ board...:rolleyes:

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually, the 'natural' guys who are good with women are the ones who'll always be more adepted than alot of us here.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike_the_cowboy
MysteryWoman, the name is Spike.

I know alot about women. Thats my business. I know alot about polar bears, too... But that doesn't mean that I have to be one!

Women care about their own looks because they know thats what "boys like". It only really becomes a matter of competing with other women in the style department. Women show off their style for other women all the time. Women show off their looks to hook men. Men really don't care what brand your purse is. Other women don't really care how fertile you are or not.

If two women are fighting over a man then looks will come into the picture, but otherwise they won't. Thats partially why so many pretty women have dogs for friends. When you are standing in front of an elephant, you look pretty damn cute!

Nice hips, ass, breasts, etc are all signs of fertility that we guys look for on a subconscious level without even knowing it. All we know is that it gets the blood pumping in all the right places, but most of us are not really sure why. Well, now you know.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to rest my eyes after reading through you long ass pointless post!

:cool:
You haven't bother to observe my arguement or read it properly:rolleyes:

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Spike_the_cowboy
I'm guessing that no one ever told you about the side effects of drinking alcohol, huh?:rolleyes:

If getting them drunk is the only way that you can get them then I feel very sorry for you. Women in bars WILL hit on a good looking guy either as a side effect of impaired judgement due to too much drinking/drug use, or simply as an ego boost in front of their pack of girlfriends. In the latter case, you'll never get any, Slick. In the former, you are a loser. Well, in either case really!

If I'm walking down the sidewalk women will yell things from their car window as they drive by. They will strip of undies, flash me, etc. But that car keeps rolling. They just do that for their own egos. Thats all that good looks will get you: teased. It works the same way in bars. Trust me, I know.:cool:
I'll take it you are not that good looking then:D :p

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop fighting. Why are you guys fighting like this for no reason for? If you guys are real DJs, you wouldn't being doing these stupid ****s fighting over little things.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, so a good way to find out the true answer is by asking the real playas in the streets randomly to see proof. Not that I am disagreeing with you guys, actually, I agree with alot of you but the problem is we keep on arguing about the same stuff and it sounds like girls don't like good-looking guys.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Spike is neg hitting Mystery Woman. :D I bet she loves it really!

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not the one calling people keyboard jockeys and eggheads because they know more than me. I'm not trying to start a fight, either. Infact I'm the only guy on here giving any good advice.

Most of the guys in here (not all of them) seem to think that walking into a few bars and having some drunken b!tch slobber all over them makes them a true DJ. Yeah... as if.:rolleyes:

I agree. This is your thread, Tactic. We should stop fighting. But the only way thats gonna' happen would be if either they grow up, or I leave. Which of these two possibilities do you think are likely to happen?

Thats what I thought.

Bye.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey ah... who said MysteryWoman is a 9+ and needs to be neg hitted?
:D
Should be careful about these things ok? Might backfire...
;)

Spike_the_cowboy:
I agree, calling people names is really cheap and doesn't bring anything constructive into the debate.

Still, when I go out I usually only have one or two drinks, and I stay away from anyone who's obviously intoxicated, whether it's a guy or a girl, whether it's a hottie or an ugly.

Most of these guys in here seem to think that walking into a few bars and having some drunken b!tch slobber all over them makes them a true DJ. Yeah... as if.
I don't know if you go out a lot, but from my experience those are exactly what some ugly dudes do. They would get some kind of "drunken attention" from the drunk chicks and later on brag about it with their friends.
I know because sadly I have one friend like this.:( Usually he will look for the drunk chick who looks at least decent and try to dance with her or touch her. But the chick is so drunk that eventually at the end of the night she needs the help of her friends or the bouncers to carry her out of the club so she can puke on the street...:( Later on my friend would tell everybody how much of a player he was and that we were all jealous of his success...:rolleyes:

Really the good looking guys usually don't do that, because they believe they can get better (although many times they are wrong:D).

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Errr well no I don't want you to leave, Spike. I mean, this is the whole reason for this thread, we want to discuss about the difference between the personality and the good-looks.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tactic
Errr well no I don't want you to leave, Spike.

You sound like my ex-girlfriend. Cheer up!:p

Laters.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO BABY I MUSN'T, NOW SEX ME OR DIE!

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tactic
NO BABY I MUSN'T, NOW SEX ME OR DIE!

Ok...:confused: