Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What body type to go for?

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post so let me first say I am new to the Don Juan site and everything.

I have been up and down with my weight throughout my life. I am six feet tall. The most I weighed was 278. I was 258 when I started working out seriously around Thanksgiving. I knew I needed to make some changes in my life and this was a start. Mainly for my health but with little dating in my life that would be a bonus to be more attractive to women. Anyways I am now down to 238 right now. I am 23% BF right now. I have it tested by the same person every couple of weeks. I know I need to get down to 220 and from there I will have to discuss it with the trainer I consult with. I can either go down to 200 and have a low BF% or stay at 220 and try to lower my bodyfat. My trainer doesn't think you can convert your fat to muscle like some people seem to think. I was thinking my long term goal would be 220 and 10% BF but until I get closer I can't really set an exact goal. I think I naturally look 20 pounds lighter than I really am and others have told me the same thing. Maybe they are just being nice. LOL

My question is what type of body do women in general like best? I was thinking low BF% with some muscle but not a bodybuilder. Any thoughts on this?

What have I done to lose this weight you may ask? Well I can share that but I have learned that everyone is a little different and I think there is a lot of bad advice out there. So you have to find what works best for you.

I do 30 minutes of cardio 4 days a week. Two days a week I lift weights for an hour. I believe in doing a warm-up before anything. I eat six meals a day. They aren't very big but it seems to work. I haven't had a need yet to take anything but a Multivitamin & Multimineral. I have one cheat day which is usually my day off from workouts. I tried to workout 7 days a week once and it was to hard on my body. If you don't have a cheat day you will drive yourself crazy. With the cheat day I can eat what I want on Thanksgiving etc. or have a couple of beers on saturday night. I never do cadio for more than 30 minutes. I think you are wasting your time. With weights no more than an hour. If you do more you will usually get the opposite effect. I train short but intense. I tried to lift weights for 3 days a week but I found I did much better with just two days a week total body. I guess I just need more rest than some guys. Try to get the sleep you naturally need. For me that is 8 hours a night. I know that can be tough but your body needs to repair itself. I am going to take a serious look at Yoga in the next month. I think it can help me. I get back to that one at another time.

Thanks, I just wanted to ask that one question and share a little about what has worked for me at least after many trials and error's.

Last edited:

LIME!

Don Juan
Reaction score
The type to go for is the one that makes you feel most comfortable in your skin.

Lifting is so awesome, and being strong is so awesome, that I'm now past caring what women think. Studies say that women prefer men who are only slighty above average in strength. I say screw that! I want to be far above average. You wanna be Justin Timberlake or frickin John Batista?

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Righty now Im at about 190 and 27% BF. Im gonna try and drop my BF to 10% in the next 4-5 months. I should be about 160 by then. Then I wanna bulk up to about 200 lbs with 8-10% BF That might take about year though but thats my goal.

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I was hoping to get a few more opinions but maybe I will just have to ask some women. Hey could be a good icebreaker at the gym or something.

Since Justin can get any women he wants I would rather be him.

Good luck Brain with your goals. I think it might take you a little longer to reach some of them but then again every guy is a little different. Just keep at it and it will happen for you.

Maybe once I reach a goal of mine I can post a couple of before and after pictures to help inspire people.
Though a picture of me at 278 would be scary stuff to see!

LIME!

Don Juan
Reaction score
And Batista can't? Did you seem him with Melina? Too bad Mark Henry f*cked him up for it though :moon:

juslen

Don Juan
Reaction score
At 6ft You could get down to 180, and still look good. Personally, i dont think girls care too much about how strong a guy is. You just have to look good naked, lol

I suppose this is the wrong thread to post my opinions on.

Im a skinny bastard. 5'10 150 lbs. 16% body fat. Or i am according to my calculations.

As far as being muscular.. i cant really say much.

14 1/2 inch arms
31 inch waist

my abdomen, is about 34 inches.. so i dont have a gut at all.

I have a little bit of abs showing, and my chest is nothing.

I pretty much just get compliments on my arms, i see myself as being fit. But im not really cut, and im nowhere near bulky.

I get good comments, most guys think i weigh 10 lbs more than i do, just because i have such big arms compared to the rest of my body.

So you dont have to be big and bulky to get attention. But for you, since your goal is 200-220. You would probably want to get a bit of muscle, and if you have a gut, trim it down. Like i said, you just gotta look good, look in shape. You dont have to be some super stud.

But good luck ;)

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I left high school I was the same height (6 foot) and was 165. I was a skinny dude.

There is no way I am going down past 200. I don't care if I still have extra body-fat or not. I just won't feel good about myself. I have lost weight before but this time I am taking it a lot slower 1-2 pounds loss a week. I had the trainer figure out what I would be at 220 and he thought 17% BF. Really I will just have to wait till I get down to 220 in a couple of months then I can calculate it better from there.

I think I might have a body type like Ron Artest or something. That guy came back at 270 pounds he said. I know he is very strong but he doesn't look like we weighs close to that. Now Alonzo Mourning or Corey Magette those guys look built.

Good luck also with your goals. Keep us posted. I like to hear how others have changed their bodies weather they started out skinny or way overweight like myself.

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Killa, I would agree how Vin and Arnold look. Every see those guys in a suit? They don't look good. They are to big. My goal in the first place was never to get that big anyways.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that maxim article would you? That would be interesting to read.

I don't know how many women like those guys bodies or their fame and paycheck. Kobe bulked up a couple of years ago but after he went through that trial he looked like he lost it. Dwayne Wade looks good I think. Strong, fast, athletic etc. Got to remember these guys make a living off their bodies and have more resources than an average guy like myself. I can't hire a full time trainer and someone to cook meals for me.

I would agree that the fit, ripped, muscular but not massive is the look to go for. Maybe once I get down to 220 I can post a picture or two and get some constructive criticism.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ron Artest is 7 inches taller than you - weight from height can really add up fast.

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I know Ron is 6'7 or 6'8 yet he weighs as much if not more than power forwards & some centers. My point was guys bodies are all a little different. It's hard to go by a certain height, certain weight and figure the guy will look the same as the next guy.

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
READ THIS: I WAS IN SAME POSITION AS YOU(CAPS)

I would highly recommend getting down to 200, then clean bulking to 220 very slowly. the reason being that your beginner gains are pretty much over and even now with perfect eating, perfect lifting, and great genetics you can only expect to put on about 1/4 pound of muscle per week and that would be with perfect circumstances like I said. Also like your trainer said its possible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, but its a hell of a lot harder to do it that way, than it is to cut down, and then clean bulk. Unless its only like 3 pounds or something, but were talking 20.

So that being said, if you went to 220 and kept lifting and gained 1/4 pound muscle a week, and lost 1/4 pound of fat per week, it would take you 80 weeks to lose the 20 pounds of fat, and gain the 20 pounds of muslcle. Plus even though 1/4 pound of muscle a week sounds low, unless you have unbelievable genetics then I just don't see that happening, cause its hard as hell to put on a lot of musle after you are already pretty big and you are at 238 lbs 23% bf.

So if you cut down to 200, then you will look better during those whole 2 years, then you can focus on gaining muscle, and you will already be looking good while doing and that way will keep better motivation. I think you will be surprised that you will notice how much better you look as you lose the weight but also of how muc

h weight you still have to/or could lose. Like I weight 247 at one point then got to 238 at your exact bf 23%. I cut down to about 204 now at rougly 13%-14% bf(shoulder surgery ruined my progress) and even though at the time I only wanted to cut down to 215-220 just like you, I realized that I was fater than I thought and was only kidding myself. In fact now I want to get down to 190 then bulk back up to 200 cause that is a body that many girls love, cause its not to big but your still jacked if you at 10% bf or less.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said it yourself KillaPetehog
Remember...unlike us...women look for a guy to have a relationship with..
Girls don't really care as much what you look like at all.

If you're big, You'll dominate a room and girls may come to you.
If you're ripped you're "sexy" and have "sex appeal" and girls may come to you.
If you're skinny as shyt and funny as hell, girls may come to you.
If you're a little tubby, but witty and fun to be around, girls may come to you.

You're not gonna become too swoll for girls, trust me, it takes too much dedication. If a guy is big, or getting bigger, it's for himself, especially once he gets to a certain point.

You shouldn't be trying to mold your body to get more chicks, you should mold your body so that you're proud of what you've accomplished, so that you're healthy, and so that you're comfortable with yourself.

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the advice coolguy. I guess I will have to go down to 200 but I know I won't like how I will look. Yes I know that my beginner strength gains are coming to an end very fast. I was hoping if I got down to that weight I could put on two pounds of muscle a month but that might be asking to much I guess. I have lost 3-4 pounds a week in the past and lost a lot of weight but I didn't like how I looked or felt. I made no strength gain with that method. This time I am losing 1-2 pounds a week and trying harder with the weights. It's worked so far as I seem to be doing both but like I said I have already made most of my strength gains because I was such as beginner to start with.

I guess I am no different than most. I want results now, but it really does take a couple years to do it right. I think part of my problem right now is I run 3 miles four days a week and have decent strength compared to the other guys I see lifting but I don't look like it. I just have to stick to the plan I guess.

Thanks again. I will have to check back with you when I get closer to the weight goal.

DuckFan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear what you saying semag, At first I just wanted to be healthy because the Dr. told me I will have a heart attack, diabetes etc. if I don't change my lifestyle. I know there are many other factors that a women looks for in a guy besides looks. I just don't think it has to be one or the other. You should be able to have a body that you like while also having one that most chicks would like also. I want it all! LOL

I should say I tore my ACL etc. in my left knee and had that repaired a few years ago. I then tore my ACL in my right knee but haven't had that repaired yet. I have such anger right now as I love basketball and it's very upsetting to me that I can't play with/against the guys. I have to limit my speed on the treadmill to 7.0mph and just adjust the incline up and down to keep my heart rate up. The ACL thing is why I don't think I should ever weigh over 220 again no matter what my BF% is and why I am trying to get started with Yoga for both flexibility and to prevent injuries.