Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your fatal flaws?

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was hangin out with some friends today, and they got around to talking about their problems... these people that I thought were perfect and that I even envy sometimes, whether it be their looks or their high-energy personality, it seems that for each person there is one major thing holding them back from being all that they want to be.

Mine
physically - body type..im an endomorph so its going to be a lifelong uphill battle to stay lean. Now that I go to the gym like 5 days a week I look better than 95% of the guys my age, so I don't really think about this anymore.

mentally -
1) terrible self-discipline. I'm working on this and hopefully I'll conquer it, one step at a time. Stemming from this is a host of other little day to day issues, but this is the main one.
2) ADD. yeah thats right, I have it. It's not cool, but I've learned to manage it although it doesn't exactly help with self-discipline. I refuse to take meds for it, because they are terrible and have disastrous side effects, so the only way to get over ADD is with ironclad willpower and always have an eye for what I should be doing, instead of what I want to be doing.
3) Dismally low self-worth. I can feel this one day to day now, and am working on breaking it. I had ridiculously low self-esteem all through childhood, up until last year. lol the thing is, is that it was justified low self-worth...I was talking with my parents last week and they remarked at how different I was and looked, and the convo got around to my childhood..I started listing off all the **** that I've had to either mentally block out &/or overcome, and my mom started crying... my dad mentioned later on that they both failed miserably in raising me... This stuff is good for the ego, eh?

Without those, I would be an excellent person in my own eyes, so that is what I have to overcome.

-----

While I wholly agree that focusing on the negative aspects is bad, it still couldn't hurt to know what you have infront of you, recognize it, and potentially fix it.
It really helped me today, because I realized that no one(that I know atleast) is "perfect" and everybody has their insecurities.

-----

What are some of your flaws that you feel are holding you back?

Upthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmmm my fatal flaw,

Not seizing the momnent. Turns out I have chick throwing themselves at me but no matter how hard I try I cant figure it out until its too late. Even if I think about when meeting a new girl.

Low self esteem is an issue. Thankfully i do an alright job of not letting others know. LOl I am working on that though

EdHunter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Overanalysis of situations, coupled with a tendency to focus on the worst case scenarios...you know the Green Day song "Basket Case?" That guy's me.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am an ectomorph, so I have trouble gaining muscle. I also have to conquer approach anxiety and get better at cold approaches. I do fine with girls I already know, but I have trouble with just opening.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no real problem opening, I just can't build attraction. I personally lose interest quickly so I know they lose interest quickly. I should have no approach anxiety as I just found out that I could give a good speech on the spot. I have a little especially if the girl is just looking like blah don't talk to me.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4 major ones for me:

1. I have Gynecomastia, it's a mild case but still very noticeable, it's really ****ed up my confidence, self esteem, social skills, etc. I will hopefully be taking care of it with surgery this summer, I just have to work up the nerve to ask my mom to borrow the money, it's like $6,000 or so, :cry: The good news is I have a pretty nice body other than that from working out so much, so once I get the surgery I should be set on that front. It's going to be really weird to be able to go to the beach, pools, etc.

2. I get depressed a lot, I mean seriously, majorly depressed where everything just seems pointless and hopeless, for weeks at a time. I'm not one of those people who advertises it and tries to get attention though, I kind of just shut myself in even more than usual, and it really has a negative effect on everything in my life. I don't know what to do about this, I've been to shrinks, been on anti depressants, etc. nothing seems to work, just something I have to deal with I guess.

3. Low self esteem, feeling like I'm "worth" less than other people, etc. - I'm working on this, I've already made great progress, still have a long way to go.

4. Poor social skills, very few friends, very little experience with women - also working on this every day just by trying to get out of the house more, made great strides so far, still have a long way to go though. Haven't had sex in about 3 years now :cry:

Canadien

Don Juan
Reaction score
For me

the problem so far has been the judgement I set upon myself, I have over the roof confidence in terms of looks and peronality, its just the inexperience which keeps me down..

Now, I'm trying to get through this issue by talking to more and more people, and accepting my weaknesses, its when you accept your flaws that you really start progressing in life, I was in denial and isolation t'ill last year, but I have decided otherwise now, and I believe sky is the limit for me, but getting new experiences is still a tough proposition, when you're starting from scratch.

I have to learn the feeling of love and attraction now, its still better now then never, and with the energy that is running through my veins right now, it won't be long before I reach my goals, I have always got what I wanted, and this is just another thing that I need to get through. It hurts real bad emotionally now, but I know it will make for better tommorrow, so I have no complaints, I am actually excited, like putting a a kid in a candy shop.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mediocre phone skillz

bad nerves (used to have OCD and some other crap, I'm pretty sure), but they really come and go. They're kinda unpredictable.

manic-depressive tendences, although i can usually catch myself from becoming too despondent nowadays

coming up with good activities to drag girls along to

When I'm tired and low on adrenaline, I have trouble carrying on conversations with people. My nerves also come out more.

the tendency to log on to this forum instead of doing homework and sleeping

also my thighs seem a little too fat. Have just started doing some leg-press type things to combat this.

WRX_is_like_SEX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Temper , temper , temper . . .

. . . .Can be easily identified and attacked from the flanks!!

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Find it difficult to get the right balance when trying to seduce a girl, either show too much interest too soon or can be too distant and cold instead of sending the right level of mixed signals to stur up some interest. If I do the former, she ends things. If I do the latter, things fizzle out.

nicenomore

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Noob..I disagree. At least people here realise their faults. And its good , because only then you can imrove.

There are only two major FATAL FLAWS

1. Believing you are perfect

2. Thinking yo can never overcome your flaws

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Noob
to everybody in this thread..

YOUR ONLY FATAL FLAW IS THINKING YOU HAVE A FATAL FLAW
haha, sounds like somebody's living in denial.

the reason why you are here is BECAUSE you recognized that you had a problem.

The one thing that seperates humans from 99% of other animals is that we can problem solve.

I posted originally because I just found out how to accept that I'm not perfect or going to be, and that frankly nobody that I know fits my standard of perfect anymore. Yet at the same time I know that there are only a few obstacles in the way of me being successful at anything and everything that I put my mind to, so I may as well work to clear those obstacles or atleast learn how best to use them to my advantage. Play the hand you're delt, and play to win.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And guys, I'm not talking about your flaws with dating/seduction... I'm talking about flaws in general... What is holding you back from being the most intelligent, most athletic, funniest, most energetic person you know? Because ultimately, as you get better at the game of life, gaming girls becomes easier and easier. The better you are at influencing people in general, the stronger you'll become at seduction or dating.