Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What angle should I approach cutting?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Went from 170 to 235 over a span of 9 months. I want to train with weights but understand I need to be in a caloric deficit and do lots of cardio. What I'm basically asking is how should my week look when cutting? I want my physique to be lean and ripped like Brad pitt in fight club. 3 days cardio 1 day of 3×5 lifting etc? Thanks

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mis read your post! Lol... I weight train 5 days a week and do 45 minutes of cardio a day trying to cut. 2200-2500 calories a day... majority of protein and fat.

Supplements that work for me. Beverly international ump protein, quadracarn, 7 Keto lean for fat loss. Evomuse defuse and glycoshield for added insurance.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Shoot for 3-4 days a week of exercise. MWF, or MTRF is a good split. You'll want to do 1-2 hours each day. If you can 1 hour of cardio and 45-60 minutes of weight training is good. If you don't have time you can get away with 3 days a week an hour each session.

You'll want to track your calories. Myfitnesspal app is free and is for both iOS and Android. It will give you your total daily energy expenditure based on height and weight and you can set goals to lose 1-2 lb a week. It really gives you a good idea how much you're eating and what it takes to lose weight. Typically 500 calories below your daily needs is a good rule of thumb.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight loss begins in the kitchen and is primarily based on what you eat. Though of course exercise helps put you in a caloric deficit. If you want to be ripped you'll want to incorporate muscle training and once you're around 10-14% body fat you can decide if you have enough muscle or if you want to try a bulking phase with a slight caloric surplus.

R

Ranger

Went from 170 to 235 over a span of 9 months. I want to train with weights but understand I need to be in a caloric deficit and do lots of cardio. What I'm basically asking is how should my week look when cutting? I want my physique to be lean and ripped like Brad pitt in fight club. 3 days cardio 1 day of 3×5 lifting etc? Thanks
Fact: Fat loss is 80-90% diet.
Fact: cardio can help but the relative calories burn is minor.

Doing lots of cardio is not a wise expendature of energy and time. But I understand the thought process. I was that way at one time. It’s faulty thinking to me now.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally believe that "cutting" and "bulking" are obsolete, but if you want to be lean and ripped, you MUST 1. eat and drink clean and minimally 2. do 5-6 days of cardio per week, 45-60 mins. per day. Lifting is actually the least important aspect. Important, yes. But not most important.

ANY resistance training program complimented with cardio and clean eating...done with consistency and intensity...wil l yield extraordinary results.
5 to 6 days of cardio is a lot

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally believe that "cutting" and "bulking" are obsolete, but if you want to be lean and ripped, you MUST 1. eat and drink clean and minimally 2. do 5-6 days of cardio per week, 45-60 mins. per day. Lifting is actually the least important aspect. Important, yes. But not most important.

ANY resistance training program complimented with cardio and clean eating...done with consistency and intensity...wil l yield extraordinary results.
What do you mean by obsolete?