Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

what affirmations when....

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm big on affirmations, they really work for me.

I'm curious if anyone here uses affirmations when a girl that you know is interested in you and you're playing it cool is getting attention from other guys. Still getting rid of AFC tendencies. and we all know jealousy is AFC personified.

how about:

Other guys don't match up to me

I am a greater catch than most guys

I am the preferred male for the women that know me

Jealousy is not cool (too negative?)

can you guys think of others?

Will

Reaction score
"I have a 15 inch cack"

"nobody fvcks like i can"

"I am irresistable"

"I am so hot that sometimes I cant help but have my way with myself!"

"Girls get wet when they see me"

"Why, oh why was I cursed with this gorgeous body and magnetic personality??"

"These girls are not ready for me...I need a WOMAN!"

"Every day in every way, I get better, sexier and smoother."

Looking into her eyes, "You are totally in love with me!"

and finally, when getting shot down "Your loss, ya silly dumb beeatch!"

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of your affirmations are things you have no control over. For example you don't know if (in her eyes) other guys match up to you, or are a better catch, or that you're the preferred male.

In other words, every one of your affirmations are centered around what SHE thinks, rather than what you think. Your approach also seems one-itis and weak. Sorry.

For this specific situation, even though this might not be what you want to hear, try this approach:

I am happy with myself.
Although I'd PREFER to have a nice girl in my life, I'm okay alone.
Some women will find me attractive, some won't and I'm okay with that.
If a woman does find me attractive, and I her, I will maintain my cool DJ-ness.
If a woman I desire does not find me attractive, that's okay too since I demand honesty and high quality.
Once a desirable female shows interest in me, I know exactly how to maintain control of the relationship.

Stuff like that, all centered around YOU.

You could also remember that happier people tend to change their 'wants' or 'needs' to "preferences". In other words, instead of saying "I need a beautiful woman at my side", change it to "I prefer to have a beautiful woman at my side". This internal dialogue change is subtle, but you'll find that instead of being angry at life for not delivering exactly what you want, you realize it was a preference anyway, and all can be cool. You'll also find that as you relax, sometimes life will deliver that beautiful woman.

Be positive.
Change your needs and demands to preferences
The only thing in life you can change or have control over, is you.

stormwriter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you seen these Ross Jeffries' ones?

Here is a tool called AFFIRMATIONS: This is a tool that is extremely powerful, IF you know how to use it properly. Otherwise, the problem with affirmations is that they dont work. Here's the right way to do them:

1.) Get yourself into a relaxed state. take a few deep breaths, close your eyes, make sure you're in a posture and breathing pattern that wil help you to absorb all of this.
2.) You're going to say to yourself, in the inside of your head, not outloud, THREE TIMES: my mind will keep these commands in my head and memory permanently, and all the time, and make everything necessary for them to happen.
3.) Say each affirmation outloud three times, making sure you use the right tonality. thats CRITICALLY important.
4.) repeat to yourself (on the inside) THREE TIMES, these words : Let these commands be fulfilled. So, here comes the affirmations...

AFFIRMATION #1: You are aggressive, direct, and powerful with the women you desire. You radiate a confidence , self control, and charm, that women find irresistably attractive.

AFFIRMATION #2: Your mind is focused on what you desire. You go for what you want, congruently and powerfully.

AFFIRMATION #3: You never know what physical type a woman will go for. So, you always go for it congruently and powerfully.

AFFIRMATION #4: You take immediate advantage of your opportunities with women. You swiftly establish incredible repoire, gather the information that you need, then close with aggression. power, and finesse.

AFFIRMATION #5: You radiate a natural , easy, self acceptance, that women find irresistibly attractive.

AFFIRMATION #6: You safeguard your morale and self esteem at all times. You swiftly size up a womans potential, and eliminate those who are wasting your time.

AFFIRMATION #7: You are mastering the responses, attitudes, behaviors, insights and timing that are bringing you irresisstible power with the women you desire.

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, you're correct

rktek, you are correct that i am being insecure, to a point. I should focus more on how I feel about myself, and that should take care of any jealousy problems.

Because when you're secure with yourself, you know it doesn't matter what happens, because you can handle everything.

I think I've been getting caught up in the success I've had over the last two weeks with the first girl I've ever gotten a number from and even asked her out. And I made it all seem natural, because it WAS natural. It was easy. And I've made the mistake of focusing on a single female instead of getting numbers and dates from others, so that it all stays feeling natural. And I think that has contributed to knocking my overall confidence in my game. So the solution is to go get more numbers and dates (I'm thinking out loud now).

Stormwriter, your affirmations will help me if I ever feel I'm hesitating to go meet a woman. Thanks

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"...you are correct that i am being insecure, to a point. I should focus more on how I feel about myself, and that should take care of any jealousy problems.

Because when you're secure with yourself, you know it doesn't matter what happens, because you can handle everything."

You misunderstand. It's okay to be insecure as long as you know it. A problem identified is a problem half solved. What I was trying to get at is, you were doing affirmations for HER. You were going about it like as though you were trying to plant thoughts into HER head, which is impossible. I realize what I'm trying to say is subtle, but here goes

Example:

"I am a greater catch than most guys"

Although this is a decent affirmation, it also sounds like you want HER to think Will is a greater catch than most guys. And even if you do genuinely want it to be about you, there's a problem there in that you're comparing yourself to others. Compare yourself to you, it's much healthier.

"I am the preferred male for the women that know me" Again, can this be true for ALL the women that know you?

Notice all the examples stormwriter gave involve only his relationship with himself and how he reacts to others, not necessarily how others react to him. You cannot control others' actions, words or feelings.

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
so...

so
'I am a great catch'
'I have many qualities that many women find attractive'
'I am always cool, calm ,and collected, even in the presence of a beautiful woman'
'I am always cool, calm, and collected, even when a woman I am interested in receives attention from other men'
'I am in control of myself and the situations I find myself in'

Is that the right idea? Seems more focused on myself than on what I want others to think.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
somebody please explain the whole concept of affirmations. Are they some kind of self-hypnosis? I dont know what they are, and this is the first time Ive read about them.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by RKTek
"...you are correct that i am being insecure, to a point. I should focus more on how I feel about myself, and that should take care of any jealousy problems.

Because when you're secure with yourself, you know it doesn't matter what happens, because you can handle everything."

You misunderstand. It's okay to be insecure as long as you know it. A problem identified is a problem half solved. What I was trying to get at is, you were doing affirmations for HER. You were going about it like as though you were trying to plant thoughts into HER head, which is impossible. I realize what I'm trying to say is subtle, but here goes

Example:

"I am a greater catch than most guys"

Although this is a decent affirmation, it also sounds like you want HER to think Will is a greater catch than most guys.
And even if you do genuinely want it to be about you, there's a problem there in that you're comparing yourself to others. Compare yourself to you, it's much healthier.

"I am the preferred male for the women that know me" Again, can this be true for ALL the women that know you?

Notice all the examples stormwriter gave involve only his relationship with himself and how he reacts to others, not necessarily how others react to him. You cannot control others' actions, words or feelings.
Very true. If you need an affirmation, affirm yourself. If you base your affirmations on affirming what SHE believes, then you're missing the point. Then your success/failure depends on whether SHE acts congruently with your thoughts.

Just remember...you can sleep with her, get a phone number, get shot down, or walk away before she even has a chance, and you're STILL f'in awesome. ;)

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are they some kind of self-hypnosis?

Yes, they are a form of hypnosis. Your sub-conscious mind will believe whatever you tell it to believe. For most people, their minds believe what others tell them to believe.

If a young boy is constantly told by his mother that he is ugly and worthless, then he will grow up into a man who believes that. He will also allow himself to become that. He won't take care of himself and will be a failure at everything. He will look for evidence that supports his idea. He will dismiss anything to the contrary.

If that same young boy is constantly told by his mother that he is a handsome, successful young man, then he will grow up into that man. He will be very confident of himself, failures won't deter him, only encourage him more, and he will succeed in many areas of life.

We are no longer boys, but men. And we must take control and responsibilty for how we think.

Personally, two years ago I had severe self-esteem issues. I started telling myself that I was an awesome guy, and slowly but surely I began to believe it, and I started doing things that the man I told myself I was would be doing, without too much conscious thought. Life is starting to fall into place for me. I can now do things many guys have always taken for granted, and others still struggle with, and always will until they change the way they think.

I think Pook says 'As you think, so shall you become' or something similar (he stole that from Buddha, but we forgive the Pook). And its True.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score