Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What advice would you give to your young self?

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm not 25 or over but I'm hoping the mods won't take it down as I'm not giving out any info relative to myself. I wanted to know what advice the mature men here would give to their younger self or to other young people.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
work like a dog, 2 jobs if necessary to build a nest egg. Then a pre-nup to protect it if I thought I wanted to get married. Read Mr. Money Mustache blog. He retired at 35 or 40. How would you like having 50 years to do whatever the hell you felt like? Work if you feel like it, until you don't feel like it. Rinse and repeat....

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All those girls in my younger days especially in high school who I thought were hot ****... are now basically unattractive or just flat out disgusting. Not to mention most are going no where in life.

Can't say now I'm disappointed things didn't "work out" with any of them. If back then I could have somehow saw and knew all this, would have made things a lot easier.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Never let a woman treat you poorly. Tell them once, then LEAVE. Don't ever look back.
-Don't ever put a woman on a pedestal, either. Most of them think they are special as sh!t, but they aren't. There is so much homogeneity in females it's comical.
-Don't be a quitter. If you have a sound plan, keep your nose to the grindstone. No one ever became successful by flip-flopping every 6 months.
-When you meet the girl who would stay with you even if told her you NEVER want to get married, then that's the one you should marry.
-If you get rejected, don't get so down on yourself. B!tches ain't sh!t, and half of them are parasites. Dust yourself off and move on.
-There really are good-hearted sweet women out there. But they probably aren't the hottest ones. If a girl is pretty to you and gives you a boner, that's all that matters. Don't chase the 9's and 10's.
-Friends aren't important, but don't follow them. Everyone goes their own way.
-Don't feel like you need to explain yourself to everyone. Most wont believe you or just don't care.
-Until people get older, almost everyone is 100% out for themselves. Just remember this when you are dealing with anyone, business or otherwise.

Glumix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Read. All the world's knowledge is contained in books. Choose them wisely and read every book you can.
Switch off the TV, Computer, Phone and read a book. Write in your books. Take notes. Summarize them.
That simple activity and time you spent doing that will profit you during your whole life.

Learn the difference between Assets and Liabilities so you can optimize the way you spend your time and money.

AllDay85

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm not 25 or over but I'm hoping the mods won't take it down as I'm not giving out any info relative to myself. I wanted to know what advice the mature men here would give to their younger self or to other young people.
Don't worry about way others think at all. DON'T party. WORK your ass off and build assets. Have something you can truly be proud of at 30. All the dumb sluts you would have wasted time on are long gone. And you'll be cleaning up shop like true Don Juan. Be successful. Have goals. Move confidently in the direction of your dreams.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read. All the world's knowledge is contained in books. Choose them wisely and read every book you can.
Switch off the TV, Computer, Phone and read a book. Write in your books. Take notes. Summarize them.
That simple activity and time you spent doing that will profit you during your whole life.

Learn the difference between Assets and Liabilities so you can optimize the way you spend your time and money.

This...is the key to success in life in a nutshell. Colossus and many others tellin it as it is too. Good luck.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Don't sweat the small stuff
-Pick your battles wisely
-Judge people by their actions

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Time is the most precious commodity. Use it wisely
-Seek out a mentor in your chosen field and LISTEN to the guidance they give you even if you think you disagree. They got where they are doing something you don't know yet.
-Choose your friends wisely and well
-A dollar is a willing servant. Get some dollars working for you
-Discretion is the better part of valor
-Failure is the training ground of success so long as you NEVER quit.
-Be positive and uplifting to others
-Write down your goals and put timelines on them. As you reach them check them off and reset goals. Repeat, repeat, repeat etc
-Love only those who love you. Otherwise you are wasting your time. See top of list.
-Know yourself. Trust yourself. Respect yourself. Love yourself.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Avoid all situations where you dont have control or the option to leave with no problems.

-Give weight to other people opinion only if its costructive, screw social convention if they dont fit to you

-Hit the gym do manly sports cause they change you globally not only in your body

-Chose a rewarding field of study and stick to it, find room for the sport but keep the social life optional, what you lose now you will get it back with interested once you're a new man

-Acknowledge you've been told wrong things since you were a kid, get a knowledge source like this forum and read while applying and making new experiences

Floydispink01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Realise that applying for a job is out of your control. Instead do this.

Choose a career that you are passionate about. Research a company for a month or two that you would like to work for. Weigh out the pro's and con's of said company. Research the projects they are engaged in and projects they have completed. Ask yourself if you really want to work for them.

If so.

Walk into the company's reception with your portfolio and CV, dressed in your best suit and ask the secretary if you could meet the Director. You will of course know his or her name.

If he or she is busy. Ask for the next time slot available so you can set a meeting.

When you do meet the director - introduce yourself and tell them that you would like the opportunity to work for one month only. No pay. Just the opportunity. Offer him your CV and show your portfolio on request.

Tell the director your pro's and con's and how they align with their values and principles.

Smile occasionally and keep eye contact with the director at all times.

You are basically selling yourself to a stranger.

If you are offered the opportunity. Congratulations. You have confronted fear and realised that it is an illusion. Dedicate yourself 100% for the duration of the month.

If the director turns down your request, walk away proudly knowing that he will always remember your face and your encounter.

Basically, if you don't ask. You don't get.....and very few people understand this.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't marry the cute chick with the big booobs........

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 keys:

- Think long and hard about your interests and talents while younger, therefore you have a greater chance of finding that mix between what you enjoy and what you're good at.
- Love yourself, but do it with humility.
- Search for the truth, in the midst of all the nonsense (media, advertising, etc.)

Funny how none of that is directly about women, but women fall under each of the categories.

Zerro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Sometimes you're going to get several years into a career and realize that it just isn't for you in the long run. Don't be afraid to try something different, many of history's most successful people didn't hit it big with their first, or even second, choice either. Some people are just meant to wear many hats over their lifetimes.