"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

What advice would you give here?

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
791
Age
35
Well I have a different ethic: it's her vows, not yours. Now, I still wouldn't do anything with her if I knew she was still making out and fvcking with her boyfriend, but that's out of physical disgust rather than ethics. Why would you "lose sleep" over what she does with her relationship? I don't even know where you imagine a sh!tstorm coming from. If he takes out the failure of the relationship on you, that just means you have even less cause for concern because he was too weak to even hold her accountable, so it's no wonder it ended.

The denseness is that you are going along with all of her escalation while pretending that you aren't and trying to make it sound plausible that you "don't know" if she's hitting on you. It reads to me like a chick describing the lead-up to how it "just happened" that she landed on Tony's d!ck.

Do what you want to do dude, but if I was in this situation, I wouldn't have the qualms you do. You're making it a bigger deal than it really is.
Nah, she hasn't even been around him for about 2 months now, apparently. So I doubt they're hooking up.

Okay, here's something I've omitted so far for the sake of privacy. She's not just his GF. She's his wife. They're married.

We have quite a few mutual friends. Aside from damaging my friendship with her partner, I don't really want to get a group rep for being "that guy". That's where I think the sh*tstorm lies.

That second to last paragraph gave me a laugh...yeah, I guess I do sound like that. Apologies. I'm just hesitant about anything happening. I'm not totally going along with her escalation, if I was I would have just kissed her last time we hung out. I've been keeping things a bit cooler.

I've been hit on by girls I find very attractive in the past, but if they're dating someone else I feel like it's wrong to get with them. But I can understand your perspective too. I'm conflicted about the two positions, especially as she enjoys being around me.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top