Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What about: Le Breath?

random afc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i get really bored in school everyday (i'm convinced i have ADD) and i started really noticing smells, and more particualrly, breath.

so i have a few topics of interest. one, i noticed that when i talked to a girl (even one i liked and was attracted to), and she had bad breath, that made ME really oncomfortable. it must be really bad for the girl, and especially if this girl isn't cmpletely comfortable with you yet. sooo wat i'm wondering is, how can you kill bad breath? i've tried a few things, brushing teeth (i found that brushing you toungue really helps and that whitish crap on your tongue is the sourc of bad breath, don't believe me? try an experiment of your own, and scrape off the white crap until your toungue is a nice pink and you'll see). also, i've tried mouthwash but my dentist and other people say that it has too much alcohol in it (and alcohol is absorbed through the mouth, even if not swallowed) so i don't want to become an alkie. also, gum works for a while but once you use it too long, it actually makes your breath worse.

so please share some secrets about killing bad breath or you personal experiences.

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad breath is caused by dead skin cells that dont get washed away and/or bits of food that dont get washed away.
Believe me i have a friend that has real bad hallitosisand whenever he speaks insists on making you smell his vile breath.
But i heard that he doesnt brush his teeth.
Try drinking water.lots of water.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by a denial

i have a friend that has real bad hallitosisand whenever he speaks insists on making you smell his vile breath.
But i heard that he doesnt brush his teeth.
Try drinking water.lots of water.

LOL!!!!

aerodynamyk

Don Juan
Reaction score
answer

1) drink water
2) avoid foods that leave an after taste..
3) always keep mints with you.
4) the best kind of mints for me are breath savers. they have a certain brand that says "neutralizes, not masks." and it works awesome

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the portable Listerine things. Gum (Dentyne Ice is my favorite) works well, but it only covers the smell. At worse you can eat those extra-strong Tic Tacs.

"i've tried mouthwash but my dentist and other people say that it has too much alcohol in it (and alcohol is absorbed through the mouth, even if not swallowed) so i don't want to become an alkie"

I can't find the percentage of alcohol in mouthwash, but for it to make someone an alcoholic, it would have to be much higher, I believe. Also, you do not drink much mouthwash, and your mouth cannot absorb that much alcohol to make a difference. Say you hold the alcohol for 30 seconds in your mouth, you most likely still have less in your blood than after drinking a beer. It's just hypothetical, of course, but there's probably someone somewhere who conducted a full research on this.

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually, Listerine has 21.6% alchohol in it. However, unless you chug mouthwash constantly, you will not become an alchoholic or drunk. The other ingredients tone down the alchohol.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The alcohol inside listerine is NOT the same alcohol in beer...

Theres like ethanol, methanol, and some other one...

Its like if you drink a bottle of rubbing alcohol, you wouldn't get drunk, you'd die. The listerine alcohol isnt that strong, but it wont get you drunk...

veng142

Don Juan
Reaction score
Brush your teeth with mint flavored toothpaste, every time you leave the house. Chewing gum is good also, but dont get one TOO strong or else the smell is overpowering lol

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sonick182
The alcohol inside listerine is NOT the same alcohol in beer...

Theres like ethanol, methanol, and some other one...

Its like if you drink a bottle of rubbing alcohol, you wouldn't get drunk, you'd die. The listerine alcohol isnt that strong, but it wont get you drunk...

Actually one of my uncle's acquaintances drank a bottle of rubbing alcohol and got a bit intoxicated but didn't die. Of course the person's whole upper digestive system was destroyed but other than that she's fine--physically anyway.

But for your point, you're right. :)

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can still get drunk off of it. That's why in dog magazines it says not to let your animals near mouthwash. That's why if you get pulled over and freshen your breath w/ mouthwash, youre going to get arrested (if your under 18)

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find brushing my tongue and the ceiling of my mouth a good way to get rid of bad breath. I reach pretty deep to get it all out. Also, i switched to the crest toothpaste with scope mouthwash + whitener, and I think its the best toothpaste so far. It feels like u got a mouthwash and leaves a great taste minty taste after for hours.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iunno why, i always gag when i brush my tongue.. the roof of my mouth im okay with, its just the tongue

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm kind of obsessed with that too. i can't stand the thought of being remembered by my bad breath. this is why i prefer to keep tic-tacs with me when i go to a dance or on a date of any kind. don't go heavy on them, because then they'll smell them a lot more easily and think you didn't brush your teeth and are trying to hide it. i find just using one will last perfectly for quite a while.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by veng142
but dont get one TOO strong or else the smell is overpowering lol
I have never smelled breath that was overpoweringly good.

I can't believe a doctor actually told you not to use moutwash or you'll get addicted. The kind of alcohol in listerene is designed to make you sick and throw up before you get drunk off it, and addicts are addicted to the feeling. If you can't feel drunk, you won't get addicted.