Went to hawaii by myself and it’s awesome

JonnyD123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Living the life of Forgetting Sarah Marshall right now.

I bought a vacation package a year ago and had to travel by may, decided to invite this girl I’d been seeing. Things were on the down slide for a while but I (mistakenly) thought it’s better than going alone. We ended up breaking up 2 days before the trip.

Yesterday was my first day here. When I checked in, this beautiful brunette was helping me, and I bantered with her the whole time, even joked about the forgetting Sarah Marshall reference. Ended up getting her number even though she’s “not supposed to” give it out.

After I checked in I ran into this smoking blonde in the elevator, and bantered with her up to my floor. She had a kid with her, or so I thought. Later that night I ran into her on the beach, turns out it’s her nephew. We got a drink, talked for a little bit and then ended up going back to my room.

Life is crazy sometimes. Could’ve easily sat in my room and sulked. Put yourself out there fellas. 5 more days in paradise.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice man. It was like that when I stayed in Cancun. Hot women everywhere and no one knows you so you can do whatever you want.

Are you talking to women on the beach?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Greatness! Life is all about learning to make lemonade out of lemons.

Designer Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
So is it best just to go up to women and talk to them, no matter where they are?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never let the lack of a companion retard my travels. That said, I think I'd rather go to Hawaii with others (a companion, or just friends/family, etc.) It's one of the 3 states I have yet to visit, along with AK & ND. (I could go to AK for the skiing, and I figure that one of these days I'll be somewhat near ND and just go there to cross it off the list.)

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is awesome. i always tell guys to stop being afraid of doing stuff alone. life is so much more exciting when you get out of your comfort zone.

not too long ago i spent time at a surf hostel in san diego. went alone and chose a hostel by choice. couldve got a normal hotel with all the amenities but whats the point in that?

made life long friends i shared living quarters with, met cuties from all over the world and it was right on the beach to boot. felt like i was in my early 20s again.

hawaii is def on my list. what island are you on?
I remember a college buddy telling me about the idea of going to the University of Hawaii for the summer semester. You get cheap room & board and spend all your free time on the beach, etc.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wicked.

I had done a similar thing too. Bought tickets to SE Asia with an ex, she went crazy, we broke up. Two months later the departing plane takes off and I’m siting there alone on the flight. I had the whole two seat section to myself - which is literally like hitting the lotto on a full flight which has a duration of 21 hours - (she never got refunded and decided to just lose all the money she paid for ticket - loser move) and so the solo adventure began, I backpacked around SE Asia by myself, met loads of women - Vietnamese, Thai, German, Russian, Canadian, American and it turned out to be one of the best experiences I’ve done.

Travelling and experiencing life alone is the greatest thing we can do, I think. And truth be told I’ll probably solo travel fifty more times. We will always be with ourselves, so we might as well cultivate the best and most rewarding relationship with our own self. And that my friends is the most attractive thing possible; when a person loves theirself wholeheartedly!

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Living the life of Forgetting Sarah Marshall right now.

I bought a vacation package a year ago and had to travel by may, decided to invite this girl I’d been seeing. Things were on the down slide for a while but I (mistakenly) thought it’s better than going alone. We ended up breaking up 2 days before the trip.

Yesterday was my first day here. When I checked in, this beautiful brunette was helping me, and I bantered with her the whole time, even joked about the forgetting Sarah Marshall reference. Ended up getting her number even though she’s “not supposed to” give it out.

After I checked in I ran into this smoking blonde in the elevator, and bantered with her up to my floor. She had a kid with her, or so I thought. Later that night I ran into her on the beach, turns out it’s her nephew. We got a drink, talked for a little bit and then ended up going back to my room.

Life is crazy sometimes. Could’ve easily sat in my room and sulked. Put yourself out there fellas. 5 more days in paradise.
You handled it like a boss.

Really good thread here.

JonnyD123

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice man. It was like that when I stayed in Cancun. Hot women everywhere and no one knows you so you can do whatever you want.

Are you talking to women on the beach?
Of course. Not just on the beach, everywhere.