Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Went to a Senate Hearing Today

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Went to the Senate Committe Hearing on Science today, and I had a blast!

Overall I enjoyed my day at the U.S. Senate. My visit demystified many of the myths that have been centered on the workers and politicians of the federal government. The first myth is that since September 11th the U.S. Capital and the surrounding government buildings has become an impregnable fortress. I found this not be true because after walking through one metal detector I was allowed to roam the halls of the Dirkson building at will (the building where the majority of the Senators have their offices.) Second, everyone that works on the hill is a stiff, hard nosed, old fart who is not in touch with the public. Not only where the Senators that walked the halls and where in meeting friendly and at ease with visiting public but their staff members where representative of the U.S. population as a whole. Many of the Senate staff are minorities, women, and surprisingly young. This surprised me, because I was expecting to be in a room full of “stiff suits.”

I have some pics but I forgot my camera in the car and most of them are of the outside of the Capitol. I think the Washington Post got pic of me walking down the hall with nobel prize winning Scientist Dr. Heath, I was lost from roaming around (I didn't know who he was) and asked him where the committee meeting was, he said "follow me and smile for the cameras."

I find it funny, I grew up in D.C./Maryland. Worked in D.C., hang out at night clubs in the district, but today is first day I have ever been to the Capitol. Man I love government.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn I was in Washington DC yesterday

I should have said meet up with me or any of the other DJ's that were around to meet up at the monuments with me. Would have been fun as hell to meet up with some of the other DJ's (even on a school trip).

comic_relief

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This past summer I took a one week vacation to Washington DC. I went by myself, I didn't rent a hotel room, didn't rent a car, and I think I walked at least 10 miles a day. There was one day I must have walked at least 15 miles. During my visit, I visited the Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History and the Air & Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art, and made a round-trip walk of The Mall, which was absolutely exhausting. I also took a guided tour of the Library of Congress, among other sites.

Amazing city.

It's also so culturally diverse. You literally see a sampling of the world's population in one city. I would dare to say that Washington may be the most cultured city in the Western hemisphere, both in terms of diverse population and architecture/monuments/museums/fine arts.

I had planned of visiting the Capitol building but the security outside looked foreboding. I think that at the time I stopped by, they stopped permitting visitors for the day.

On_the_Top

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah surprisingly there are a lot of young, curvy, and blonde, Senate staff members. One of the old staff members (about 70+) was sitting in with the press and public as "spitting game." As far as D.C. being the cultural Mecca of the east coast, naa I think New York beats the pants off it. The face that most people see of D.C. (the federal government buildings, museums, etc.) is only limited to a small area. You gotta remember D.C. is a very compact city and most of the city (specially the area under control of the Mayor's office) is just straight up projects and hood. Most of the city is black, ad just about every other race and the upper class is usually compacted to Georgetown and NW. Its getting better from when I was little. To buy an old crack house in the city cost around 200K and more upper class are surging into NW, what’s worse most of rift raft is being pushed into my old neighborhoods over in Maryland. In fact tonight I'm supposed to be going on a ride a long with 5th District police in NE (the worse area in the city.) I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Anywho, I suggest everyone just go see the federal government in action or at least go to some sights, even for someone that has grown up in the area I gained a new appreciation for the stuff that I just normally ignored.

Last edited:

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres my impression. Most of the people that work in government are the laziest ****ers in the world. All they do is schmooze and bull**** all day.

That impression is from the top down and has been with every group of politicians I've seen in my lifetime. It crosses political boundaries.

These lazy egotistical bureaucrats are worthless. And if my angry post didn't impress you, just remember that back in 1995 when the government shut down for a few weeks, I think Congress didn't come back from session or something, the country didn't fall apart.

Politicians and political science majors are the type that couldn't hack it in a real job.
Some of these lazy ****ers can't even show up for a vote, but they are trying to tell us how to live our lives? Bull****.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres my impression. Most of the people that work in government are the laziest ****ers in the world. All they do is schmooze and bull**** all day.

That impression is from the top down and has been with every group of politicians I've seen in my lifetime. It crosses political boundaries.

These lazy egotistical bureaucrats are worthless. And if my angry post didn't impress you, just remember that back in 1995 when the government shut down for a few weeks, I think Congress didn't come back from session or something, the country didn't fall apart.

Politicians and political science majors are the type that couldn't hack it in a real job.
Some of these lazy ****ers can't even show up for a vote, but they are trying to tell us how to live our lives? Bull****.

Hope i didn't ruin your view of government!