Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Went SPEED DATING tonite-report

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just came back from my first speed dating in orange county calif. The age group was 24-35. I arrived early & grabbed a beer & BS'ed w/ a few girls at the bar. The setting was a dimly lit niteclub, very cool place. It was well organized. There were 17 girls & 17 dudes & you have 4.5 minutes w/ each one girl & they ring a bell & you go to the next one. They had a good turnout for it. There website said 12 dudes & 12 chicks would be there & i was happy to see that there were more. I would say 5 were dogs/fat or weird, 7 were 6.0-7.0 & 5 of them were very cute 7.5-8.0. There were no bikini models or 9-10's. The 4.5 minutes goes in rather quickly & everyone is very social & cool. My main intention was to be funny & comical. I laughed & smiled & flirted alot. You have to talk quickly & write notes down on a piece of paper so you can remember something about the girl later on. It all becomes a blur after 5 girls. It all comes down to how attracted you are to the other person, because everyone is talkative & flirty. Most of the girls were very social, friendly & educated. One girl had a PhD & taught college. One thing that i coudlnt really ask was if they were divorced or had kids. The divorced thing is no BFD, but chicks w/ kids suck! I will find out tomorrow how many matches i had. If i get 4 or 5-thats cool. I would definately recommend this. I will post how many matches i get tomorrow.

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I received an email this morning from the event organizer that show my matches. A match is when I picked "yes" i was interested in them & they picked "yes" they were interested in me. It has to be mutual. Out of the 16 girls, I put down yes for 12. Well, i was very disappointed to find out I only got 2 frickin matches. One of them was sort of good looking & the other i forgot who the hell she was. I joked around w/ each girl & had a fun time. I was not nervous or boring at all. I think it all came down to the fact that they werent attracted to me. I am not a great looking dude, but i am not ugly either. I dressed well too for the event. Maybe they didnt like the type of work i do (computers)-but i doubt it. The event itself was great, but the end results sucked. Some of the girls i picked "yes" were a little chubby, but i wanted to see if they picked me....well they didnt. I am sort of bummed out now. I think alot of guys on this board think that personality, being funny & being confident is a way to meet/bang babes. You might be able to meet babes, get phone #'s, maybe a date or 2, but as far as a relationship or banging, they have to be really attracted to you. Women are seeking good looking dudes-plain & simple. If theres no attraction, they dont want to bang you, unless there really drunk or there slutty.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was going to reply to your original post but I thought I'd wait and see how many matches you got. So here's what I was going to say earlier.

Don't worry about not getting many matches. It does suck, but I guess you can just call it the 'hangover' that speed dating entails. I did it once a year ago, and had lots of fun, and only got one match. I wnet out with her, and we had nothing to say to each other at all. It bummed me out and I've not done it again.

But I've read posts from some guys here who were disappointed the first time, then did it again and got a few more, and again and got even more etc. 4 minutes is no time at all, so the best way to see speed dating is as practice. What you did this time didn't work very well for you. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, IT JUST MEANS THAT YOUR ATTITUDE DIDN'T FIT THE EVENT. I suggest you do it again, and try something different this time. Don't be so smiley and entertaining, say less, see what happens. As with anything else, the more you do it, the more relaxed you'll become as it gets familiar, and the more success you'll have.

bp1974

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My guess would be that a lot of these gals are very picky like chicks who poster personal ads just to see what responses they will get. I bet they have very specific criteria as to what they are interested in.......

How much did you pay?

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Racer, how old are you? The speed dating is most likely targeted for busy professional. I might be several years too young.

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OddTech
Hey Racer, how old are you? The speed dating is most likely targeted for busy professional. I might be several years too young.
I am 37 years old. I look 30. Actually they carded me for beer last week...hahah....they have speed dating for all age groups. Its a good experience. But dont expect great results. I think these girls were picky.

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ de Florida
My guess would be that a lot of these gals are very picky like chicks who poster personal ads just to see what responses they will get. I bet they have very specific criteria as to what they are interested in.......

How much did you pay?
I paid $29 & i bought 2 drinks. Even if i dont date any of these girls, it was better deal than match.com & yahoo personals put together because at least i got to talk to & see these girls. If anyone is going to do this, take good notes of each girl on a sheet of paper & write fast because the timer goes off & the clock is ticking & i was trying to write notes down & the clock was ticking away for the next girl....

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude Yes looks count..but 4.5 minutes isnt that much time to reel in a girl..based on just your personality..besides..My secret weapon to bagging most chicks is KINO..did you have a chance to do that?

did you maintain eye contact? or were you too busy writing?

My take is if you are too busy writing too much..you show OVERINTEREST in the girl and they could get turned off by your over enthusiasm in them..

secondly its a #'s game..2/17 isnt that bad ..imagine going out 2 nights a week and talking to 17 girls a night..Thats 4 phone numbers a WEEK..16 #'s a MONTH

and the potential to even use these chicks to expand your circle of friends and meet MORE women is in your favor..

keep doing it man..when they do this speed dating thing..is there any way to avoid meeting the same person twice on seperate nights?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by racerX
Out of the 16 girls, I put down yes for 12. Well, i was very disappointed to find out I only got 2 frickin matches. One of them was sort of good looking & the other i forgot who the hell she was. I joked around w/ each girl & had a fun time. I was not nervous or boring at all. I think it all came down to the fact that they werent attracted to me.
I did not have a chance to try speed dating but I met my current gf online and it is similar in many ways. In the beginning I had similar feelings as you about the process.

It was not until I noticed a pattern. Several of the women I met could not believe that I was single. A couple of them actually told me that they were intimidated of me since I was so outgoing! They said that they felt I was too flirty because I was so friendly with everyone and women especially enjoyed it.

What I am trying to say is that not all women can handle a DJ. When compared to them, a friendly, outgoing guy that has it all together is something to be concerned about. If they dated you, heaven forbid that you run into another woman who is more together than they. They feel that you would leave them quicker than a heartbeat for greener pastures.

Don't sweat it. Be your own man, you deserve to meet someone who appreciate a guy with DJ skills.

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Starman
Dude Yes looks count..but 4.5 minutes isnt that much time to reel in a girl..based on just your personality..besides..My secret weapon to bagging most chicks is KINO..did you have a chance to do that?

did you maintain eye contact? or were you too busy writing?

My take is if you are too busy writing too much..you show OVERINTEREST in the girl and they could get turned off by your over enthusiasm in them..

secondly its a #'s game..2/17 isnt that bad ..imagine going out 2 nights a week and talking to 17 girls a night..Thats 4 phone numbers a WEEK..16 #'s a MONTH

and the potential to even use these chicks to expand your circle of friends and meet MORE women is in your favor..

keep doing it man..when they do this speed dating thing..is there any way to avoid meeting the same person twice on seperate nights?
No, i never wrote anything while i was talking to them. Only after the bell rang did i scribble something down. But the clock is already clicking away on the next girl & i didnt want to waste 1 minute writting stuff down because it would only leave me 3.5 minutes to talk to the next girl. (The girls are writting notes too, i guess they write fast). I had no time for kino. I think girls are more selective than the dudes....maybe each girl chose 2 dudes total, i dont know. Maybe each dude picked 12 girls like i did & were disappointed when they only got a few matches. Yes, i had lots of eye contact & didnt blab about work too much. Most of the 4.5 minute sessions i had we talked about sports, movies, hobbies, cool places they have visited. Maybe i came across as too funny or to extroverted. I think some girls were shy. Also, some girls were outdoorsy type girls: skydiving, surfing, hiking, camping......that stuff is cool, but i am not really into that, so maybe that was part of it. I will see what happens in a few days when i email the 2 girls that i got matches on & take it from there. It was a good experience. I think if i did this again i would be better prepared.

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by racerX
I just came back from my first speed dating in orange county calif. The age group was 24-35. I arrived early & grabbed a beer & BS'ed w/ a few girls at the bar. The setting was a dimly lit niteclub, very cool place. It was well organized. There were 17 girls & 17 dudes & you have 4.5 minutes w/ each one girl & they ring a bell & you go to the next one. They had a good turnout for it. There website said 12 dudes & 12 chicks would be there & i was happy to see that there were more. I would say 5 were dogs/fat or weird, 7 were 6.0-7.0 & 5 of them were very cute 7.5-8.0. There were no bikini models or 9-10's. The 4.5 minutes goes in rather quickly & everyone is very social & cool. My main intention was to be funny & comical. I laughed & smiled & flirted alot. You have to talk quickly & write notes down on a piece of paper so you can remember something about the girl later on. It all becomes a blur after 5 girls. It all comes down to how attracted you are to the other person, because everyone is talkative & flirty. Most of the girls were very social, friendly & educated. One girl had a PhD & taught college. One thing that i coudlnt really ask was if they were divorced or had kids. The divorced thing is no BFD, but chicks w/ kids suck! I will find out tomorrow how many matches i had. If i get 4 or 5-thats cool. I would definately recommend this. I will post how many matches i get tomorrow.
UPDATE: I waited until 2 days after the speed dating event & sent a short, witty email to each of the girls that picked me. Never heard anything back. I dont know why they picked me, if they didnt even want to respond to my email. I think the girls, generally speaking, that go to speed dating: 1/3 of them are just doing it for fun. They have no intention of dating any dudes at these events. Its a girls nite out. 1/3 of them are picky & are seeking an attorney, doctor or fitness model w/ a fit & chiseled body. The other 1/3 have BF's & want to get an ego boost when they see that 12 dudes out of the 16 picked them as a match. Speed dating was fun. Maybe it works for some people. Maybe i had bad luck. I dont really know if i will try it again since my results sucked. I would rather spend the $30 at a good strip bar.