Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Went over the edge with "****Y" response

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was partying at my place tonite with the girl I've been dating and a couple of other friends.

As they were leaving, my girl made a joke about being the stripper for my buddy's birthday tomorrow nite.

Without thinking I said to my buddy, "Make sure you bring your quarters". I felt bad about it afterwards, like I don't really know her well enough for a joke that intense.

I'm sure it's recoverable, but I felt like an ass for saying it. I tried to call her later to thank her for buying me dinner tonite and apologize for the rude comment. Normally I wouldn't do that but I think I took it over the edge.

Anyways, no answer. I will see her tomorrow at the club, I'm thinking I better call her during the day sometime and set things straight.

What do you think?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think u are Over- AFC'ing.....

let her ****ing go and next time she sees u, IF she brings it up, just say "i was kidding, i got dollars";)

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
over the edge? i cant see it myself, honestly i wouldnt give it a second thought at all, a great connection between you 2 spoiled spoiled by a joke?..........not likely.
and even by the smallest chance you get static over it, even better for you, its called a sense of humour and if she doesnt possess one its best to find out now.

The Real Deal

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was just a joke, maybe not that good of one, but a joke nonetheless. What's done is done, don't back step now and try to fix it with an AFC apology, bring ones, or maybe some fives.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i like the joke... don't apologize. tell her you'll bring pennies if she aint lookin good enough.

El Campeon 56

Don Juan
Reaction score
By maintaining the mentality you have had the entire time you know her and staying ****y and funny, she won't think anything out of place. If you do draw attention to the severity of your comment she will feel you were in the wrong and subsequently feel angry or upset with you after thinking it over more. Leave it be, everything will be fine.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to know everyone else thinks I'm making something of nothing. Just seemed to me like I crossed the line with this one. I think she's still in the stage of trying to figure out whether or not I really find her attractive, and although I know it's wise to foster doubt, it isn't wise to make her self esteem crumble. Besides, she seems to take alot of what I say literally, which isn't good in a case like this.

By maintaining the mentality you have had the entire time you know her and staying ****y and funny, she won't think anything out of place.
That's kinda the problem. I sort of fell into this situation that was high interest from the start and haven't turned on any kind of ****y/funny till now.

Before the quarters comment we were talking about having breakfast tomorrow nite after the club. Long story short- I ended up making the omment that she needed to cook it for me and her friend was in charge of cleaning up after.

That one got me a "fine then....I'm not gonna dance with you tomorrow nite...I'll be dancing with every other guy in the club" I could tell she was shocked by the sexist remark, but I knew she took it as a joke. That was really the first time I pushed the envelope with the ****yness.

Oh well, I'll be seeing her tonite. We'll see how it goes.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she is hot, then I don't see the problem. She knows she's hot and it's just a neghit...nothing wrong with it. If she's ugly, she might get all self-conscious and then I don't think it is a good joke.

isotope

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah people will react erratically when you all of a sudden hit them with CF... they might not take it as a joke. or they might think you were trying to insult them for real, taking it too seriously. you have to ease into it andestablish a history as a joker

King Rat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's one I thought was bad (but turned out ok): I was in an ice cream shop years ago and was looking for a spoon. a girl I knew (cute, but not uber hot) said "What are you looking for?"
When I said,"A spoon" she licked hers clean and offered it to me.
I didn't want a used spoon, and was trying to tell her that, but what came out was, "No thanks, I don't know where your mouth has been." Ouch.:D

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
str8up, i can see where she may have thought your joke was rude and distasteful. this doesn't mean anything is wrong with her. but then again she did kind of bring it apon herself with her stripper joke. if she can dish it, she should take it. prob is, maybe she isn't used to it.

i don't think the apology was afc, i think it showed you have class. but don't apologise again. that would be afc, and she needs to get over it.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All's well that ends well.

Looks like it did more good than harm.

She brought it up in a joking manner, so I kept the ball rolling all night. She was a little tipsy, which put her in rare form on the dance floor. Picture a "pole dance" without the nudity :D One time she grabbed the rail and started going at it, so I told her she was doing a good job of working her way up to $5's and $10's ;)

Later at my place my buddy brought it up again, so I grabbed my box of coins and brought it out, jingling it as I walked....lol.

I need to stop worrying about pushing the envelope from time to time.

OpenMind

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You did fine. If I were you I wouldn't be so worried about whether you said something that may have pushed things. You are the man, she should be worrying about whether or not SHE said something that may have offended you. Women can smell a wuss a mile away. change your thinking.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My problem is that sometimes my mouth works a little faster than the part of my brain that tells me whether or not something is appropriate to say. Some cases this is good, but it can also get me into hot water.