"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Went for checkup, Dr. prescribed Paxil, and Cialis... wtf?

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio USA
I've been under a lot of stress since the birth of my son, two months ago, and with work, not to mention my gf's PPD bonanza.... I went to the doctor for my yearly checkup, and he diagnosed me with slight depression. He suggested that I get on Paxil for a year. I wasn't too thrilled to here the news to say the least... to top it off, he said that the meds may have side effects... like a low sex drive... so he suggested I also try Cialis.... wtf?! Anyone know anything about these two meds? If it's going to effect my sex drive, I think I can live with a little depression. I read up on Cialis, and it looks like it could be a pretty fun recreational med. 8)

Any info on these two drugs? Anyone try em?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

gentleman193

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
0
Age
52
I can't believe a family doctor prescribe psychoactive sh*t for a YEAR just like that. There are not even any studies on what happens if you take this stuff for a year. They are not supposed to do that.

Find a way to relieve stress like hit the gym. Or talk to someone like a therapist. But don't get addicted to drugs that'll kill your sex drive, among the milder side effects (some users end up killing themselves).

Your doc probably gets a free Bermuda golf junket if he prescribes enough of this stuff, docs are just retailers for Big Pharma. Don't be a sucker.
 

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2002
Messages
1,165
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, Ohio USA
Are you a doctor bro?

I've been with this doctor for awhile now... I trust him... I've had high blood pressure for some time, and with his suggestions, diet, and excercise, my blood pressure is perfect now.... he even helped me quit smoking, all without meds. *shrugs* ..he'll be the first to say try excercise, diet, etc. before meds... but I guess he thinks my case is pretty bad. He's been monitoring me since the baby's been here...
I've read up on some of the drugs that were prescribed, and Paxil scares me a little, because it's an anti-depressant, and I've read mixed reviews on it... some ppl swear it's the worse thing for you, and some swear it's the best.... still doing a little research myself. Do you know anything about this stuff?
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Don't know anything about those drugs, but if you can do without taking medication to solve your problems, I would strongly suggest a change in your perspective on life and a reordering of your priorities and goals in your life.

This may be an appropriate time to reflect upon important issues in your life and taking corrective steps to allevite your woes!

Everytime someone has problems nowadays, drugs are always pushed or sought to be the solutiion - this is the easy way out with onlt temporary success, drugs are not the 'root' cure for you sickness.

Seek out the 'root' underlying cause(s) of your depression and work to solve them on your own and with the help of others - only then will you be truly and permanently healed for a lifetime!!!

Many times "Peace within" is the solution to our unhappiness!
 
Top