Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Well, I'm now single

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
So my gf of 7 years ended our relationship. It was weird... I could feel it coming, but didn't care/want to do anything about it. Now that it actually happened it's just a horrible feeling. We had our ups and downs, but we still really love each other, but just can't be together. She's very vague about her reasons and I don't know if she's cheating, but to be honest, I can't be bothered to find out. I need to concentrate on me and make me feel better.

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is, but let me ask you something. When I was with my gf, an hb8 gave me her number; this was about 3-4 weeks ago. Is it too late to call? Then if I do, I'm not sure what my excuse can be... I can 100% guarantee that she'll remember me (not 99.9%, 100%)...

Sorry that this post was all over the place, I'm sort of in a strange place right now.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

-.-

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2004
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
manila, philippines
Sorry about your break-up.

I'm not sure if it's too late to call either, but there's only one way to find out, right? As for an excuse, I guess you could say you've been busy... Give it a shot.
 

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
Ya I agree - no harm in giving it a shot. Use the summer holidays as an excuse or whatever if she asks.
 

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,962
Reaction score
21
Location
toronto
yeah don't let yourself fall down. you simply need to aquire a list of girls. You just lost a relationship so you should still be calm when dealing with a woman. you might be a little sad, but that is just natural. you still know that you can please a woman and you still have what it takes to be in a long term relationship.

there are other girls out there that will appreciate you far more then she ever did.

my advice would be to work out at the gym a little more to deal with anything depressive that enters your mind. you should also enjoy the fact that you can now look damn hard at all the hotties that you see.

I would also spend more time working toward a personal goal. there are many benifits that come with not having a girl friend. you just have to think about what these are.

next time find a girl that is usefull to you. there are plenty of other girls out there that are just waiting to do things for you. all you have to do is just play the numbers game.

your day will come in the future and your ex girl friend will be jealous of what you have.

just don't ever go back to her. even if you feel like buying her tons of roses. f**k it. she is worthless if she can't stay with you and can't belive in you.

you said that you could sense that it was going to happen. well it is just too bad that you didn't beat her to the punch. when you sensed this you should of started looking for other girls. that is what i do. a loss of interest from any girl even a girl friend is enough to send me sniffing other poontang


as for this other girl.. call her up and ask her out . keep it short and simple. give her the option of two nights. tell her that you are soo busy with work that it is the only time you have.

don't care about how long it has been. i once calleds one girl i knew 3 months after the first date. she was very happy that i called her
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the positive replies guys. I'm definitely going to call that girl and get her to come out on Friday. I'll post an update here.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
I was in a similar position some time back. This is what happened to me and I'm not saying this will happen to you.

Things just fizzled out after x number of years and the reasons were vague. We didn't have one big bust up over one thing. I wish we had though.

Over the next six months I was always wondering if I could patch it up or get to the bottom of it. In the end we had a storming row, insults flying all over the place and after that I was truely free.

This girl who gave you the number is JUST ONE GIRL, go out with your single mates and get loads of numbers. It's like telemarketing numbers/ratios, and it's good practice.
 

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2004
Messages
324
Reaction score
1
Location
SOL III/Terra
Hi,

Definitely give that HB8 a call, even if it's been 3-4 weeks since you last spoke with her.

Keep the call brief, say 5 minutes or so and arrange for a coffee meeting or something equally laid back and casual.

When you call, be ****y & funny. Try something like this:

You: Hi [insert HB8's name here]. This is GaryNas. I haven't spoken with you in a little while and wanted to make sure that you didn't get married and become the stepmom of 10 deliquent kids.

And then just go from there. If you get her voice mail, leave a ****y & funny message and have her call you.

If it doesn't go anywhere bring 2 more fillies into the fold.
 

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Sydney, Australia
hah i must say dude u have a high resilliance! =)

that's a good skill to have for anything!

All the best with the HB8 man... and yeah if you're 100% sure she'll remember you, then she'll remember you... if not... well then there are plenty of others waiting to meet ya!
 

Reto

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
836
Reaction score
1
Age
53
I agree. You have nothing to loose by calling her.

I hate when things fizzle out. I mean, there's no real closure. When there's "someone else" or a good reason for the break, it stings, but there's closure. Both suk though...
 
Top