"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Welcome to the age of aspirational dating

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
Welcome to the age of aspirational dating, where singles are selling themselves short by over-selling themselves online and, if they get past Tinder, on a first date. In millennial speak, bragging about your wealth and social status is called “flexing” or, according to Urban Dictionary, “showing off your valuables in a non-humble way.” Trying to seamlessly work it into your dating profile as part of a larger conversation is, of course, humblebragging.
But make sure to leave the food stamps card at home!
At first, she was taken aback by his famous connections and she had never met any legendary Hollywood moguls or hung out with movie stars and, well, wouldn’t that be nice? But she soon realized he was being less than truthful about his wealth. Her first clue: She was paying for most of their dates. “I was pretty shocked when I saw a food-stamps card in his wallet,” Breheim says. “Not only was he broke but he was a liar.”
 
Last edited:

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
Blurb from the article: she stumbled on the profile last month while watching “Vanderpump Rules,” an L.A.-based television show about a bunch of spoiled millennials. Reality television shows like “Keeping Up with the Kardashians,” and YouTube GOOG, -0.23% influencers may be fueling this problem.

I don't get how they don't understand that women ARE the influencers for this behavior, not the media they consume.
 
Top