Weird situation

JoesphBrown

Don Juan
Reaction score
So theirs this waitress where I work and the last couple days i've been noticing she seemed interested.

She's been
-calling me pet names
-making excuses to talk to me and come see me
-touching me giving high fives and fist bumps
-talking to her friends about me
-saying hi and smiling whenever I get in
-asking me to make her food even if its not in the section I'm working
-basically asking me to get her anything she needs (I can't say no because in the kitchen if they ask for anything kitchen related were supposed to do it)

Stuff like that even one of the other girls who works in the kitchen with me told me she seems interested in me.

So I figured I'd give it a shot and ask her for her number, I was going to today, but we got super busy and by the time I was done with my duties she was gone. So I ended up messaging her on instagram, it says she was the message, but she didn't respond.

Do you think I ruined any chance by messaging her on instagram? I didn't want to ask her at work because were rarely alone together and I feel like it would make her feel awkward with other co-workers around.

JoesphBrown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruler said:
What does she act like around your other male coworkers? Therein lays your answer.

The instagram messaging was a fvck up. You came off as too desperate and needy. That doesn't mean you lost your chance, not at all! Just go talk to her tomorrow and ask for her number, after a minute or two of pleasantries. DO NOT bring up the instagram message. Maybe that's common knowledge, but I've seen stupid guys who have messaged girls on IG or FB something. They go up and ask girls "DID YOU READ MY MESSAGE?!" Every time, especially if there's a read receipt (which both sites do), they give them a funny look and reply "Yah..." Then the guy looks:
a) Weak
b) Desperate
c) Insecure
d) Needy

Be advised, dating coworkers is not ideal. Imagine you date her for a few weeks, things don't work out and she has to talk to you every three minutes placing an order? Not good. But you do what you want to do, just a disclaimer.

And if you want to flirt with her, whenever she asks you for something you think is for her to eat, tell her playfully "No, nothing for you ;)". She'll say something like "You have to! :)" Tell her "Then you have to do something for me..." She'll ask what, and make her do something humiliating / silly / fun. Not a hug, kiss, her phone number, etc. Do something silly displays that you're a fun guy who's not just there to fvck her brains out, although that's the ideal result.

During the work day, be charming with her. Give her funny faces, smile ****ily with good eye contact, tease her about things you notice, etc. Be light-hearted and friendly, but don't overdo it. When you're busy, don't think about or look at her. You have other priorities and she needs to see that.

I think if you do this and incorporate your own stuff into it, you'll ger her easily. Just NEVER take advise seriously from another woman about other women. They know nothing and just like feeling "right" about it or "helping you out". Or maybe they'd like to see a little drama in the workplace, who knows. Use your instinct, it's at least ten times better.
She's kinda stuck up around the other dudes working their which is what makes me think I'm in.

Great advice by the way will defiantly give it a shot I'll let you know how it goes

JoesphBrown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruler said:
Stuck up as in a b!tch? If that's the case, good news for you. Excited to hear how it goes man!
Yeah, i've seen people ask her to do her job like ring in food or something and she rolls her eyes, stuff like that, but I ask and she gets excited which made me think I was in.

I think the biggest mistake was me losing my nutsac for a bit and thinking it was a different situation because its work when really its the same as asking a girl at a bar, I just have to do it more privately when I get the chance

JoesphBrown

Don Juan
Reaction score
I messed up again guys.

So I was closing tonight it was around 12:30 I was tired and wanted to go home, I didn't even realise she was working. our convo went like this

HB: I didn't know how to respond on insta and it was gone before I could text you

me: Yeah I was drunk don't worry about it

HB: Oh I don't have time for that anyways

She seem clearly flustered as she was leaving.

I feel like I am 100 percent over thinking this. I feel like shes into me so tomorrow or the enxt day I work when shes working I'm going to ask her when she is done and ask if she would like to go to a movie or get drinks or hangout to some degree.