Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wedding rings - change of times? Men wearing them, ladies not so much

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I never understood the new goals of the ladies (and men for that matter). Modern ladies want the title of wife, but refuse to take the surname of the dude and now not even wear their wedding rings. Most common reason, it's preserves their family and individual identity. WTF? I even hear that men are taking their ladies' surname.. Everything is upside down it seems.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never understood the new goals of the ladies (and men for that matter). Modern ladies want the title of wife, but refuse to take the surname of the dude and now not even wear their wedding rings. Most common reason, it's preserves their family and individual identity. WTF? I even hear that men are taking their ladies' surname.. Everything is upside down it seems.
In the 19th Century, Queen Victoria Hanover and her issue took the name of her consort Prince Albert Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. In the 20th Century, Queen Elizabeth Windsor (the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha being renamed to this as a result of World War 1) and her issue took the hybrid name Mountbatten-Windsor.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
In the 19th Century, Queen Victoria Hanover and her issue took the name of her consort Prince Albert Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. In the 20th Century, Queen Elizabeth Windsor (the house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha being renamed to this as a result of World War 1) and her issue took the hybrid name Mountbatten-Windsor.
Interesting historic tidbit. Ever thought of teaching Ancient British history?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's not to understand. It's feminism. They're "strong empowered women who don't need no man" and their excuses for doing it are just them trying to rationalize the groupthink they're required to believe, god forbid they might have to think for themselves. They'll end up old and alone herding cats once everyone gets fed up with their sh!t, just like the second wave feminists.

Mark my words, people are going to lose their fvcking minds when trump wins in a landslide next time around and they can no longer delude themselves that their opinions are wildly unpopular.

Pathetic beta guys are allowing women to walk all over them, their loss.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoever gets married in the current cultural and legal western setting is a beta already, no one with some brain would sign a contract where about throwing a coin in the air that will get you back the same money you put in a case or leave you pennyless in the other.

Regarding the surname, the only reason for the guy to take the girls name in my opinion would be an immigrant trying to help their kids to fit better or a criminal willing to hyde even better.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or if your wife to be is a published author. I've seen that once.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Whoever gets married in the current cultural and legal western setting is a beta already, no one with some brain would sign a contract where about throwing a coin in the air that will get you back the same money you put in a case or leave you pennyless in the other.

Regarding the surname, the only reason for the guy to take the girls name in my opinion would be an immigrant trying to help their kids to fit better or a criminal willing to hyde even better.
I will admit, after I was briefly married (before my annulment), I felt chained down and attempted to be controlled; more-so by society and the law than my former wife. It was one of the reasons why I had to undo that mess and file for an annulment. The lady was never the same. I do feel bad about that sometimes. She's let herself go and gained even more weight. Plus, she has da Herp (that she conveniently didn't inform me of until weeks later and dozens of times of sex).

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Refusal of surname is now common?