Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Wedding Crashers" -- They AFCed the ending

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wait for movies to hit the cheapo theatres (there's barely a movie worth paying full price for anymore unless it's independent or foreign), so I just saw "Wedding Crashers" last night, four months after most people have seen it.

Funny movie, Vince Vaughan had some epic lines and cracked me up. I was hoping they would "Animal House" it, i.e., just stay with the theme the whole way and not apologize for it.

Sadly, they apologized for the theme and turned AFC 3/4's of the way through. Yeah, they tried to redeem themselves with Will Farrell, but even he was a pathetic character.

Best part of the movie was the start, where these guys were at the top of their games and dishing out the one-liners.

The worst part was when Owen Wilson turns AFC and reads books about killing himself, and then going to crash weddings but being Mr. Downer ... all over an engaged gal. Of course in Hollywood fashion, the AFCs win out in the end ...

So close to being a great movie, but it settled in at being just good.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you think every movie has a fairy tale ending? Because women want to see a love story with a happy ending. It makes them feel special and loved. Plus it makes the producers a hell of alot more money. How bad would a movie be if it ended in a break-up? The movie would suck.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alternative plot line

A funnier premise would've been for the two wedding crashers to get played by two women wedding crashers. I would've been rolling, but Hollywood execs don't think like this, and neither does the public. Yeah, Vaughan kind of got played by the nympho, but it would've been hilarious to see the tables turned.

* Hollywood cliches in the movie: The homosexual theme with the weird brother, the African American butler who helps out our AFC in need, the embarrassing wedding ceremony at the end where the jerk guy gets thumped in the end.

A lot more they could've done with the movie. I vote for playing out the raunchy theme the entire way through with a few obstacles for the wedding crashers.

SoCalMike

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
red-head nympho

i thought vince vaughn's girl in that movie was pretty hot. wonder if she's in anything else?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or maybe because they went through that cycle of their lives, where they had a lot of genuine fun dating many many girls, but had got over it. Realised it was time to settle down for a while and enjoy the benefits of a relationship. Once the relationships are over, they would perhaps continue back into their old cycles.

I know I have been through the cycle twice now.

The partying went on for years and years, then I settled down for a year and a half, enjoyed partying again for a year or so, settled down for about another year and a half..........future? Unknown, probably a repeat of the cycle (minus the getting drunk from the partying).