Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Web comic

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am thinking of creating a website to have affiliates and such, make some money. unfortunately, I need to generate traffic, otherwise my site will just sit in cyber space, totally empty. so what I am going to do is create a web comic. something that people can read and enjoy, and spread the word to get traffic to my site (the more people on the site, the higher probability of them being interested in affiliate links.)

so I plan on having a semi-DJ character based on myself, (with several flaws of course. cant have a deep character without flaws for them to overcome)
a few of his DJ buddys (at differing levels), and some girls, etc.

its going to be based on my time here in college, and the main character will be a part-time adventurer.

He will focus on juggling schoolwork, adventuring, girls and family. Also, with any luck, he may be able to pass a few DJ principles onto an otherwise AFC reader.

Besides, this is a chance for me to develop my artistic skills, and perhaps make some money. win and win ;)

Anyone have any input or suggestions?

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thats nice, check other comic pages to see what makes them so good
an example:
cyanide and happyness www.explosm.net

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs said:
I'm a web designer, you might want to send me a pm ;)

haha, u got it :rock: soon as I get a lot of these details worked out, we'll talk a bit over PM

its still in the beginning stages. I never was good at drawing, but I've been practicing and after applying a few principles of comic book drawing, its actually looking quite good :)

once I have a few character models, I'm going to work on some plots.

gonna apply a few principles of popular TV shows, as well as popular comic books to the plots. make em hook my readers ;)

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind you've got a lot of competition, and most web comic artists don't make a lot of money. Some of the top web comic artists only make a tiny $30K a year. You could make more money cleaning toilets.

But if you just want to start it as a hobby, it sounds cool.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, I dont expect to make any money from the actual comic
its just something to generate site traffic. then I'll have other things going on in the site