Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wearing a "wedding" ring even though I'm single? Is this a good idea?

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, on a whim, I went to a pawn shop and bought a $15 ring. It was relatively cheap but ironically enough I have got compliments on how nice it is. I decided to put it on my ring finger instead of another finger.

I was thinking, could this be used as a demonstration of higher value, even though I'm not married? As I have heard, women are often more attracted to married men over single men. This is because if a girl knows you are in a relationship with another girl, you have been pre-selected and therefore gain social proof.

Say, for example, I'm meeting a girl for the first time. Or say some chick gives me IOIs in public, like on the subway, campus, mall, etc. Initially, the ring might scare her away and she will assume that I'm not single. But I start talking to her. I start hitting on her. All the while, she realizes that I have a ring on my finger.

This then triggers mixed signals in her mind. "He's married/engaged, but is hitting on me?" Women, of course, are emotional creatures, and such inner psychological conflict will increase her attraction towards you. A sense of infidelity-driven drama and mystery comes into play. She may see you as potentially trying to act unfaithful and although this is stigmatized in our culture, on an instinctual level, she will see you as more alpha.

Of course, the possibility of her asking about the ring will inevitably come up, if you get to know her long enough and establish rapport. This is where LYING comes into play. I have no reservations about lying to a girl to get what I need. In the past, I have played the beta "nice guy" to lure her in, then became the outcome-independent "jerk" later on to emotionally-stimulate her and have her see me a new, hyper-sexualized light. If she asks, I can either say it's a "promise ring" for another girl or, if my lying skills are up to par, I can make up a full-blown lie, play the Talented Mr. Ripley, and say that I'm engaged or married. Maybe I will explain that my "wife" is "nice" and our relationship is "fine." I am hoping that words such as these will have the girl intuitively believe that I am not really attracted to my "wife" all that much, and am, subconsciously, looking to hook up with another women. Even if I say the ring is not meant for anything or anyone in particular, she may still think I'm lying, especially if seem "playerish" enough for her.

I will try to downplay the existence and description of the fake "wife" as much as possible during the attraction process and distract her with other acts of flirtation and attraction-tactics. Meanwhile, I plant this seed that I am not single in the back of her mind, even though I really am.

SoSuave members, could this potentially be a good idea? I am not that experienced with women so I may be completely wrong but, like I said, I feel a ring will automatically have a girl believe that I am pre-selected and act as DHV.

Thoughts? (Note: I am only 21, and I am aiming for girls in the 17-24 years-old range, particularly those who are naive when it comes to the concept of marriage and LTRs... any woman older than this will certainly have the experience to call my bluff).

Marvin Gaye

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negative thoughts down the drain just relax, let t
MrJibbles said:
This is because if a girl knows you are in a relationship with a girl, you have been pre-selected and therefore gain social proof.

Say, for example, I'm meeting a girl for the first time. Or say some chick gives me IOIs in public, like on the subway, campus, mall, etc. Initially, the ring might scare her away and she will assume that I'm not single. But I start talking to her. I start hitting on her. All the while, she realizes that I have a ring on my finger.

This then triggers mixed signals in her mind. "He's married/engaged, but is hitting on me?" Women, of course, are emotional creatures, and such inner psychological conflict will increase her attraction towards you. A sense of infidelity-driven drama and mystery comes into play. She may see you as potentially trying to act unfaithful and although this is stigmatized in our culture, on an instinctual level, she will see you as more alpha.

Of course, the possibility of her asking about the ring will inevitably come up, if you get to know her long enough and establish rapport. This is where LYING comes into play. I have no reservations about lying to a girl to get what I need. In the past, I have played the beta "nice guy" to lure her in, then became the outcome-independent "jerk" later on to emotionally-stimulate her and have her see me a new, hyper-sexualized light. If she asks, I can either say it's a "promise ring" for another girl or, if my lying skills are up to par, I can make up a full-blown lie, play the Talented Mr. Ripley, and say that I'm engaged or married. Maybe I will explain that my "wife" is "nice" and our relationship is "fine." I am hoping that words such as these will have the girl intuitively believe that I am not really attracted to my "wife" all that much, and am, subconsciously, looking to hook up with another women.

I will try to downplay the existence and description of the fake "wife" as much as possible during the attraction process, meanwhile planting this seed that I am not single in the back of her mind, even though I really am.

SoSuave members, could this potentially be a good idea? I am not that experienced with women so I may be completely wrong but, like I said, I feel a ring will automatically have a girl believe that I am pre-selected and act as DHV.

Thoughts? (Note: I am only 21, and I am aiming for girls in the 17-24 years-old range, particularly those who are naive when it comes to the concept of marriage and LTRs... any woman older than this will certainly have the experience to call my bluff).

DAMN dude. Did you major in BioChemistry? Sounds like you've got it allmapped out. Go for it brah, you don't need our help.

On a serious note, why do you get so analytical? Either you wear the ring or you don't. In my opinion it's kind of lame to wear a ring soley for womens' attention. If you're being honest with yourself, the social proof isn't there. You're validating yourself based off what she wants.

Genuine social proof is different..

On the other hand it's pretty funny, and yeah if you get female attention go for it Mr. Jibbles. Sorry if I came off as a jerk. It just bothers me when other guys break this down to a science. It's really much simpler.

(also I'm 19, so I won't pretend like I have any experience with marriage issues)

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol trying to pull a Costanza are we!

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Marvin Gaye said:
Either you wear the ring or you don't. In my opinion it's kind of lame to wear a ring soley for womens' attention. If you're being honest with yourself, the social proof isn't there. You're validating yourself based off what she wants.

Genuine social proof is different..
Quite true. I agree with you on that. But I am not wearing the ring solely for female attention. I just see it as another addition to my potential arsenal of seduction, by pure coincidence. The idea didn't even come up in mind until people started complimenting me on it or mentioning it, all the while reading up on PUA theory from time to time. Plus the ring wasn't sized right so it's stuck on my finger right now, and I'm too lazy to get it removed now haha so I'll keep wearing it for now.

Last edited:

djokovic77

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a gimmick that can work/is worth it for guys who need something just to get laid. But for an advanced PUA, it will probably scare off more chicks than its worth. It's kinda like getting big muscles...better for a guy who has nothing else going for him, but not attractive to the majority of women.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's worth it

What may work for some girls will scare away at least twice as many.

There's a reason guys who are actually cheating take off the ring. Not that I know anything about that. :p

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
djokovic77 said:
I think it's a gimmick that can work/is worth it for guys who need something just to get laid. But for an advanced PUA, it will probably scare off more chicks than its worth. It's kinda like getting big muscles...better for a guy who has nothing else going for him, but not attractive to the majority of women.

I'm going to assume you mean bodybuilding size...

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
If a woman ever found out you faked a ring you would be done forever.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Silliness.

I think most girls hit on 'taken' guys because those guys don't need them....which makes them attractive.

Not the ring.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This troll has way too much free time.

/troll thread

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leporello said:
I think most girls hit on 'taken' guys because those guys don't need them....which makes them attractive.
I also think that attractive men are more likely to be "taken". They get selected first by the females. So naturally women are going to be attracted to the most attractive men....who are already taken.

It's just like trying to find a hot girl that doesn't have a boyfriend. The prettiest girls have already been snapped up. But they're still the prettiest girls, and they'll get the most male attention. Are these girls attractive because they have a boyfriend? No. They're attractive because they're the prettiest girls.

Wearing a ring sounds silly and gimmicky at best, and try hard and desperate at worst. Not to mention deceitful.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I also think that attractive men are more likely to be "taken". They get selected first by the females. So naturally women are going to be attracted to the most attractive men....who are already taken.

It's just like trying to find a hot girl that doesn't have a boyfriend. The prettiest girls have already been snapped up. But they're still the prettiest girls, and they'll get the most male attention. Are these girls attractive because they have a boyfriend? No. They're attractive because they're the prettiest girls.

Wearing a ring sounds silly and gimmicky at best, and try hard and desperate at worst. Not to mention deceitful.
This. They hit on some married men because those married men already have something women find attractive, not because of the wedding ring.

MrJibbles

Don Juan
Reaction score
sighsigh said:
Of course it's a good idea. Haven't you ever seen Seinfeld?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_j2J4diE4
LOL. Guess I'm not the first to try this out. Note though, that I'm aiming to attract younger women with no grasp of the concept of marriage/LTRs. The two women in the episode seemed fairly older and seemed more interested in "settling down". Also take note that George is in his 30s. I am 21 and plan to talk to younger females who may not be as keen on commitment. I can throw in the idea of it being a "promise" ring (or whatever BS girls seem to think is "sweet" or "caring") and downplay it's importance in my "status". This is a sociological experiment by coincidence. It was actually never intended as a gimmick until you guys started saying it could be used as such.

Also note that George Costanza attracts bad luck like a moth to a flame... (except in that one episode where he decided to do the exact OPPOSITE of what he would normally do in situations, and ends up becoming a manager of the Yankees and becomes successful in all his endeavours lol).

But hey, what's wrong with gimmicks? Mystery goes around clubs flaunting ridiculous hats and extravagant clothing. Maybe the ring idea falls under the category of Peacock Theory?

You are all absolutely right though. Social proof is internal, not external. But every little thing helps, right? It can't hurt to try. Besides, if I get shot down because of the ring, I'll take Jerry's advice and throw away the idea hahaha. There is no failure, only learning curves.

SBW

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen quite a few guys use the combination of a wedding ring and a photo of their "dead" wife in their wallet with devastating effectiveness before.

And even the genuine ones did very well with it - Can't deny that there is something in this!

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could just wear a pair of nice heels with a chifon evening dress. That'll get the chickies all confused.

rhythmic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
Could just wear a pair of nice heels with a chifon evening dress. That'll get the chickies all confused.
Ha!

I could see this working (the wedding ring... not the cross-dressing :nono:).

Because it says something without you having to vocally saying anything... The woman sees it, she knows/assumes you're married, ergo SOMEONE finds you attractive enough to commit to.

A married buddy of mine actually used to get asked about his wedding ring a lot by girls. He was a good boy, so he told the truth, he was married... But just standing at the bar, a girl next to him would be like "Oh! You're married! How's that working out?"

Perhaps it could filter out the types of women who're looking for relationships - they see the ring, they know they aren't gonna be able to get one, obviously. And the more promiscuous types obviously wouldn't care, so if you're wearing the ring and they're showing IOIs etc... You know the deal there.

That said, as with any other sort of gimmick/technique, the ability to seduce is still gonna be needed - the ring isn't going to do all the work itself - and if you've got that ability, then you don't need the ring. Maybe.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Newbies on this board never seem to amaze me with all the theorizing and over-analyzing they do.

Your trying to figure out how to piss Gatorade, when you don't even have water.

PIMP

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp-sicle said:
Newbies on this board never seem to amaze me with all the theorizing and over-analyzing they do.

Your trying to figure out how to piss Gatorade, when you don't even have water.

PIMP
What pimp said.

This is about the most dumbest sh!t I have ever read on here. To actually be single and wear a wedding ring to attract some poon?

Why not just become gay and let the chicks try to convert you back to a hetrosexual? Give it a shot if you're that desperate.

Just make sure you get a reach around.

Last edited:

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5string said:
What pimp said.

This is about the most dumbest sh!t I have ever read on here. To actually be single and wear a wedding ring to attract some poon?

Why not just become gay and let the chicks try to covert you back to a hetrosexual? Give it a shot if you're that desperate.

Just make sure you get a reach around.
Well this is also a guy who started a thread about wanting to bang his cousin.

So if he's not a troll (which he is), then he's an idiot. And either way, not worth more than an eye roll.