Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

We never landed on the Moon??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
article I found:

"The radiation levels, the temperatures, the distances, micrometeorites, etc., make it impossible that any living being (much less a human being) could ever come back from space alive. Any living being would be fried into a cookie after going through the Van Allen Belts. If not, then why didn't they test the radiation effects on rats, ****roaches or other small animals before claiming to throw people up there? Why do they claim to have done a reverse liftoff to land on the moon, when we've never seen such a test of any such thing here? Why do they claim to have propelled a large vehicle on an 840,000km trip, when other times they say that is impossible? Who can show to me that any animal or living being can withstand the radiation of solar flares? Does aluminum casing like that of the Apollo rocket block solar flares, Van Allen Belt radiation, micrometeorites going 1,200km/h?

Why do these people claim to have taken film cameras to the moon? Film cannot even withstand a common microwave oven, or even an airport security metal detector, much less the Van Allen Belts and solar flares.

And how about these temperatures:
http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/cosmic_kids/AskKids/moontemp.shtml

AstroNOTs had air conditioning and heating for that? All the power required for that was handled by the stored energy of about 7 car batteries? The batteries were lead-acid batteries? Their computer ran on vacuum tubes and had 32k processing power? Their ship was carved by hand?

Other interesting points, the creators of the Apollo program were homosexual Jews from Germany. Most of the leaders of the program could hardly speak English. The chief of the program was a war criminal who had a slave labor camp for the Nazis, was an SS officer, and created rockets that killed English brothers with the slave labor of 2,000 people. His name was Werner Von Braun, and you can read about him.

Homosexual Jews (read online, "The Pink Swastika") running an "anti-semitic" party (download and read the pdf free online, "The Founder of Israel, Adolf Hitler", translated from the Polish, or just do a common search on the vast body of information which shows the Jewish connections and bloodline of Adolph Hitler).

The Apollo program served many purposes. It was a huge, huge amount of money that could be split up among many corrupt officials. They also were able to develop rocket technology through the program, which to this day is still very problematic. (Recently I believe a billion-dollar program from private investors to put up satellites and such into space failed - the rocket just exploded. That was in 2008.)

The Apollo scam is a very interesting one, though. It touches on many of the problems we have today. Not going to the moon is just the tip of the scamberg, as they say.

Finally, not only are people getting scammed - they are asking to be scammed. This is the dark ages you see. People want to be fooled. They are committing mass suicide, just like lemmings. This is the natural order."

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be so gullible, roly. Kids these days are buying into every stupid conspiracy theory they can grab ahold of. It's annoying when they jump on this forum and exclaim they've made a breakthrough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy

Now go to your room and pout.

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
Don't be so gullible, roly. Kids these days are buying into every stupid conspiracy theory they can grab ahold of. It's annoying when they jump on this forum and exclaim they've made a breakthrough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy

Now go to your room and pout.
I'm not saying I'm a conspiracy theorist.

To me this topic is one of those " ya never knows"....

All people can't be trusted just like all governments can't be trusted. I still favor the U.S. even if its all just one big lie and I would not blame them if they did.

After all we needed a load of cash to stock up on Vietnam.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever since the loony Last Man Standing was last standing, I have been waiting for a moon landing thread. What took you guys so long! I'm going to reply next week with a scientific smackdown. Place your silly arguments now.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no deep dish, leave us alone. We're sorry, we had no idea what we were doing, we were just trying to have fun, we didn't think it would hurt anybody.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might want to check out the link below. Although about a fake mars mission, not the moon, it's pretty entertaining none the less. I understand they are working on a remake coming round next year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077294/

OP: I do concur with the article's final statement regarding people almost wanting to believe in made up crud, as most people will believe almost anything if you present it congruently enough.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roly:
I'm not saying I'm a conspiracy theorist. To me this topic is one of those " ya never knows."
Well, allow me to disambiguate the obfuscations of conspiracy theorists in their delusional attempts to disambiguate "The Truth."

"Any living being would be fried into a cookie after going through the Van Allen Belts."

Yes, if you languished there long enough. The Apollo astronauts traveled through the Van Allen Belt for only a very brief period of time and the success of their travel is attributed to speed, shielding, and carefully calculated trajectories.
The principle danger of the Van Allen belts is high-energy protons, which are not that difficult to shield against. And the Apollo navigators plotted a course through the thinnest parts of the belts and arranged for the spacecraft to pass through them quickly, limiting the exposure.

The Van Allen belts span only about forty degrees of earth's latitude -- twenty degrees above and below the magnetic equator. The diagrams of Apollo's translunar trajectory printed in various press releases are not entirely accurate. They tend to show only a two-dimensional version of the actual trajectory. The actual trajectory was three-dimensional. The highly technical reports of Apollo, accessible to but not generally understood by the public, give the three-dimensional details of the translunar trajectory.

Each mission flew a slightly different trajectory in order to access its landing site, but the orbital inclination of the translunar coast trajectory was always in the neighborhood of 30°. Stated another way, the geometric plane containing the translunar trajectory was inclined to the earth's equator by about 30°. A spacecraft following that trajectory would bypass all but the edges of the Van Allen belts. (source)
"Why didn't they test the radiation effects on rats, ****roaches or other small animals before claiming to throw people up there?"

Why are conspiracy theorists ignorant?
In the 1960s, NASA asked Oak Ridge National Laboratory to predict how astronauts and other materials would be affected by exposure to both the Earth's Van Allen radiation belts and the Sun's radiation. Oak Ridge biologists sent bacteria and blood samples into space and exposed small animals to radiation. They concluded that proper shielding would be key to successful flight not only for living organisms, but for electronic instrumentation as well. To develop shielding for the Apollo crews, Oak Ridge researchers recycled the Lab's Tower Shielding Facility, which had hoisted shielding experiments aloft for the 1950's nuclear-plane project (source).
"Why do they claim to have done a reverse liftoff to land on the moon, when we've never seen such a test of any such thing here?"

Between May 1966-January 1968, there were seven Surveyor missions which accomplished five successful soft landings on the moon and returned a total of 87,000 pictures.

"Who can show to me that any animal or living being can withstand the radiation of solar flares?"

This is a moot point. There were no solar flares during Apollo 11. The only significance solar flares play in Apollo mission history was one flare during the interim time between Apollo 16 and Apollo 17, but most notably everyone was on Earth. Even if there had been a solar flare during a mission, they would have been safely shielded if they were inside their spacecraft when it hit—a scary scenario indeed, but moot because it didn't happen.
One rem, short for Roentgen Equivalent Man, is the radiation dose that causes the same injury to human tissue as 1 roentgen of x-rays. A typical diagnostic CAT scan, the kind you might get to check for tumors, delivers about 1 rem...

[Francis Cucinotta, NASA's radiation health officer at the Johnson Space Center] estimates that a moonwalker caught in the August 1972 storm might have absorbed 400 rem. Deadly? "Not necessarily," he says. A quick trip back to Earth for medical care could have saved the hypothetical astronaut's life.

Surely, though, no astronaut is going to walk around on the Moon when there's a giant sunspot threatening to explode. "They're going to stay inside their spaceship (or habitat)," says Cucinotta. An Apollo command module with its aluminum hull would have attenuated the 1972 storm from 400 rem to less than 35 rem at the astronaut's blood-forming organs. That's the difference between needing a bone marrow transplant … or just a headache pill. (source)
"Does aluminum casing like that of the Apollo rocket block solar flares, Van Allen Belt radiation, micrometeorites going 1,200km/h?"

Micrometeoroids are genuinely dangerous, but according to NASA researcher David Ellis, "fortunately space is relatively empty, so at any given time the threat of a micrometeorite impact is low" (source).
[NASA] launched a series of three satellites that calmed many of the fears about micrometeoroid hazards of manned space flight in earth orbit. Astronomers had warned about the dangers of space dust to extended spacecraft flights, but Project Mercury had encountered no insuperable difficulties...

The last three Saturn I launches - numbered, in an odd sequence, 9, 8, and 10,* and called Saturn-Apollo (SA) or Apollo-Saturn (AS), depending on which documents (Marshall or Manned Spacecraft Center) were read - carried both Pegasus satellites and boilerplate (BP) Apollo spacecraft. SA-9 (or AS-103) was launched from the Cape on 16 February, tossing its two payloads into separate orbits. During its fourth revolution, the Pegasus registered its first micrometeoroid hit; two weeks later the count reached only a score; and by May the total was not more than 70. When the other Pegasus missions, launched on 23 May and 30 July, encountered as little orbital debris, Apollo engineers were more confident that micrometeoroids would cause few problems in earth orbit to the thin-skinned service module and much less to the command module wrapped in its protective heatshield cocoon (source).
"Why do these people claim to have taken film cameras to the moon? Film cannot even withstand a common microwave oven, or even an airport security metal detector, much less the Van Allen Belts and solar flares."

This is a false comparison. The cameras had extra shielding.

"The chief of the program was a war criminal who had a slave labor camp for the Nazis, was an SS officer, and created rockets that killed English brothers with the slave labor of 2,000 people. His name was Werner Von Braun, and you can read about him."

I know a guy who was a historian for the Pentagon and he once explained that many German scientists were basically imported and given amnesty under the condition they work for the American government, which—any moral considerations aside–makes sense from a scientific perspective. It's true Van Braun was a Nazi but using that in support of arguing the moon landing was a hoax is a poisoning the well fallacy. It's ad hominem. Who cares if he was? He was one of the best rocket scientists in the world.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep Dish said:
Well, allow me to disambiguate the obfuscations of conspiracy theorists in their delusional attempts to disambiguate "The Truth."
Isn't it against the laws of linguistics to double disambiguate?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
taiyuu_otoko said:
Isn't it against the laws of linguistics to double disambiguate?
There is an exclusion for sleight of dry humor. ;)

teagan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh Deep Dish, there needs to be more people like you in the world.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Enough with the conspiracy theories....

P.S. The mods are really The President, Vice President, secretary of state, speaker of the house, chief justice and the head of the federal reserve. So you can see why we can't support these types of threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.