Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WC qualifier, Australia V Uraguay

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you guys see the match?

Was a pretty close match (Australia better first half, Uraguay better second half), god damn Recoba though! No wonder the man has been my favourite player for 5 years!

1-0 loss to Uraguay at home is not too bad, considering montivideo (however you spell it), is meant to be one of the hardest destinations in world football!

How do you see the second game panning out? You think Australia can do it?

I must say, I do think next WC qualifier will be a lot easier, considering we will just be placed in the Asian qualifier league! It realy sucks to let 2 games decide the outcome of a nations world cup quest!

Cbaoth

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really would like to think we could win 2-0 here, but as of yet we have a shocking track record of "closing the deal" so to speak. I guess a good question is, even if we scrape through to the WC, what chance do we have of competing at that level?

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think uruguay will probably win even in australia, i'm sorry:)

DoubleJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
uruguay is better skilled but as you say it it is only 1 single game and everything can happen. the asia group is a joke, you will make it with ease next time if it doesnt work out this time.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Recoba is very up and down, some days he is on, some days not! He single handidly won them the game last night, not to mention, he single handidly put Australia out of last WC.

The thing about making the WC is not to win it. It is simply publicity to the sport and will do wonders in increasing youth participation, but most importantly, inspiring our youth! Not to mention, will be a huge national celebration and lots of fun just to watch Australia compete in such a huge event! (especially in a sport of which we are not one of the top nations around the world).

Anyways, come wednesday night, I can see us winning 2-0. If Recoba doesnt fire, we have a little luck and our strikers play ok (we do have good attack this time round, unlike last WC qualifiers), we can definately do it, but it is unlikely.

Oh well, if not, onto 4 years ago and the Asian qualifier group!

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Shezzler
I think Uruguay will slaughter the Aussies, i would guess at 4-0.

But what about us beating the Argies!!!! 3-2!! Super Mickey Owen!!

Sarge On...
don't be a hater.

Australia needs to make the world cup for more reasons then to just win it.

I'm no soccer buff, infact if it becomes a success in Australia, it could well kill off my favourite sport (Aussie Rules) over the following 50-100 years.

But we've got a new national league (A league) and crowds + money for each club would surely be boosted by Australia making the world cup, aswell as junior involvement, with the more juniors involved, the more future harry kewells (is that how you spell it?) and the more world cups.

Maybe one day we'll win one.. seriously doubt it'd be in my lifetime though.

dannyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
I reckon you kangaroos will do it. You got Hiddink as coach and hes done a lot of **** with other teams. Got PSV to the semis and outplayed Milan too. South Korea to the semis. That dude will get you there.

But if away goals count then i reckon you wont make it. They score you need three which is unlikely but im sure they dont count, right?

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dannyc
I reckon you kangaroos will do it. You got Hiddink as coach and hes done a lot of **** with other teams. Got PSV to the semis and outplayed Milan too. South Korea to the semis. That dude will get you there.

But if away goals count then i reckon you wont make it. They score you need three which is unlikely but im sure they dont count, right?
I'm a bit confused about your away goals bit.

Away goals DO count.

But SO FAR none have been scored.

Uraguay won 1-0 in Uraguay.

now we play in Sydney.

Aus - Ura
0 - 0 - Ura Win
1 - 0 - golden goal/penalties (cause Ura won 1-0 in Ura)
1 - 1 - Ura win
2 - 1 - Ura win on away goals
3 - 1 - i beleive Aus win. but it confuses me.
3 - 2 - Ura win
3 - 3 - Ura win

So keeping them goaless and scoring ATLEAST once SHOULD get Australia through. Swarzer (spelling) is a good penalty stopper + we have the home crowd.

dannyc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh well if away goals count and they score, you need 3 goals, which would be a bit of a hard job dude.

WBAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmmm, my guess is we win on our turf 3-0. Just like they did in the last WC qualifier when we were 1-0 up before going to Uraguay.

HAHA us losing 4-0, what a dumbass.

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea? Man im not even gonna get into a debate about football with you, i know too damn much.

Im being a realist, Uruguay have some top class players, Recoba,Carini,Forlan,Montero - and several more, that was my opinion and my prediction.

What right do you have to call me a dumbass?

Australia have never been a soccer nation, Uruguay have - they have the history and the trophies to prove it! What do Australia have?...they dont even hold the ashes anymore, and im no cricket fan but losing to us at cricket? Thats Bad.

Sarge On...
shezzler, i love your work, and certainly wouldn't challenge your soccer knowledge, as mine is very slim.

But damn boy! Support the convicts. We're very much a part of you. :)

DoubleJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah the away goals are a major problem because i cant picture australia getting 0 goals......for example the 4 goals you got vs germany etcetc

Anomalous

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
god damn Recoba though! No wonder the man has been my favourite player for 5 years!
Who? Can you get a link to the game?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well its on in several hours!

4-0? hahaha, are you serious? I highly doubt that.

Give me your knowledge that comes to common sense that Australia will loose 4-0 AT HOME?

Australia competed relatively well in the Confederations cup, and have rarely been trounced 4-0, AT HOME!

Uraguay does have a rich soccer history, but lets face it, HISTORY! Uraguay barely outplayed us last WC qualifiers and on their own turf, (Montivedeo, one of the hardest in the world), they did not outplay us. First half was ours, second half theirs.

Australia has some good players also namely Kewell, Viduka, Emerton.

Some are not in form, yeah, but neither are all the Uraguayns.

Its definately a chance, although is a hard ask. Best of luck to Austraila.

England, yeah, they did well to beat the Argentines, good win! Although, god damn, talk about leaving it to the last minute!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As for the ashes, isnt it true Australia is still the number 1 cricket nation in the world? Next year, at home, Ashes are in the bag (and ashes are not even important in comparison with the WC of cricket).

Dont start to compete with the histories of Australian sport to English sport. It is only asking for a woopin!

Other than an Ashes win, a WC Rugby union win, and a very unimpressive soccer WC record, England barely holds a thing over Australia.

Let us just remember the Commonweath games England hosted over there last. Absolutely disgraceful.

That being said, I do like the English soccer team!

FRëSHURE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
As for the ashes, isnt it true Australia is still the number 1 cricket nation in the world? Next year, at home, Ashes are in the bag (and ashes are not even important in comparison with the WC of cricket).

Dont start to compete with the histories of Australian sport to English sport. It is only asking for a woopin!

Other than an Ashes win, a WC Rugby union win, and a very unimpressive soccer WC record, England barely holds a thing over Australia.

Let us just remember the Commonweath games England hosted over there last. Absolutely disgraceful.

That being said, I do like the English soccer team!
I love CLOONEY!

STICK IT TO THE MAN BROTHER!

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the australian team is crap, they haven't made it to the world cup in over 30 years. my guess is they will lose. if they win i might be a bit more interested in soccer but i am not counting on it.

WBAFC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea? Man im not even gonna get into a debate about football with you, i know too damn much.

Im being a realist, Uruguay have some top class players, Recoba,Carini,Forlan,Montero - and several more, that was my opinion and my prediction.

What right do you have to call me a dumbass?

Australia have never been a soccer nation, Uruguay have - they have the history and the trophies to prove it! What do Australia have?...they dont even hold the ashes anymore, and im no cricket fan but losing to us at cricket? Thats Bad.

Sarge On...
Well let's let the results decide. We won "2-0", a bit different then "0-3" the other way, dumbass.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantastic... I missed the match from all angles, but was pleased to hear we trounced the arrogant snots.

@ Shezzlez - for someone that knows a hell of a lot... you didn't know too much :p

Good stuff kangas.