Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

ways to look "older"

stonedtokki

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone got any tips for us highschoolers to look more older? Not that I have a problem with my looking so young (people sometimes mistake me for being older than I am, but NEVER younger). Anyways, I just want some tips on how I might look more mature or older (clothes, hygiene - ie small goatee type thing, etc). Thanks.

steveoo5

Don Juan
Reaction score
chew gum to strengthen your jaw muscles, do push ups to develop a chest, and shrugs with dumbells to strengthen and widen your neck

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Superman X
Ask Lorenzo, he looks like he's 30
haha...genes my man genes.

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
so tell me what jeans you buy??

Duff

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
he spelt it genes, u can only make a joke like that when its heard not written, lol

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duff
he spelt it genes, u can only make a joke like that when its heard not written, lol
how do you know he was joking?

RKS

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha i was joking dammit

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Confidence is your friend.

Trying to look older is not confident.

chill bro.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Superman X
Ask Lorenzo, he looks like he's 30
Maybe its just me, but i wouldnt wanna look 30 at 16.

Cheatz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Suave clothes and get some facial hair happening. Try to be trendy and look at what the older type of people wear and then wear what they're wearing. Get a good watch too and don't go cheap on it also a neck chain would also go nice and act like the elderly and be mature like them.

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A ring or two and a chain bracelet (preferably both silver) go along well. Work out, and get your hair sorted.

REDblueOI

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL!

30 my ass. If you just try and look older, your never going to get anywhere. Try and BE older. cloths without personality is nothing but a waste of money.

DON'T be immature. Don't swear. Be a good role model. Be PROFESSIONAL.

Sure, you may say its not fun - but you only act like that when its nessesary. When you first meet a broad, when your attending a public function, ect. You have to think of yourself as A MAN. Not a teenager trying to look like a man, you have to BE THE MAN!

As far as looks - DON'T gro facial hair [unless you can grow it thick]. One of hte ugliest things I see guys doing [and I see it everywhere], is growing facial hair when they can't *REALLY* grow it thick. They just look like scrubby KIDS.

As far as cloths - you should always be dressier than you need to be for the occation [unless your playing in a football game, or some ****, obv]. Darker, professional colors [blues reds greens blacks], as well as whites and traditional colors are fine. Don't wear a bright orange shirt if you are trying to look older, its not going to work.

Jewelry - whatever you get, DON'T GET FAKE ****. It is easy to tell real stuff from ****. I doubt many of u guys have too much money, hell, were all in HS, right? This is what I did: I went a WATCH WORLD store. They have high end stuff at reasonable prices. DO NOT GET A "busy" WATCH. Like one of those watches with 984739 dials and buttons on it, KIDS WEAR THOSE. I sugjest a titanium, simple wrist watch. I baught a SKAGEN, and the thing is pretty much indestructable, I love it. It cost me $100 bucks, but it was originally $150, so I lucked out.

As far as all other jewelry, MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE SAME KIND OF METAL AS YOUR WATCH. Thats the only drawback of Titanium watches, you need to wear puter jewelry, its the only kind of metal that matches well. Express for Men has awesome [really unique] rings, and they are about 1/6 the cost of AE/A+F rings.

***Another dont... DONT wear your chain out of your shirt. That is how women wear jewelry, and we are MEN, remember? Also, don't get a giant charm on your chain, KIDS do that. Ethnic/Religous charms always look good, and look a helluva lot more mature than a huge fake gold dragon, eh?

Also, depending on how tall you are, you will look older/younger. Get some nice SHOES with a heel if you're short.

Most of it is genes, but ANYBODY can look a year older than they are. Depending on what your parents gave ya, you could look even older than that, if ya act/look right.

stonedtokki

Don Juan
Reaction score
steve: Chew gum...good idea! I love gum but that's a really good idea, combing that + working out more will prob give me a much more defined jawline. Plus its something you can do anytime. I'll start seriously changing my diet and workout stuff after AP exams.

jester: how confident would you feel in clothes that make you uncomfortable? Sure you can sarge and prob even be successful even if you look poor or whatever, but I just need to look the part also, and I kinda also need to find my own style...and my style sure as hell isn't total skater or stoner or abercrombie boy. I want my clothes to reflect my personality....and in case you were wondering, my personality is: cynical, fairly c+f, PERCIEVED as serious/angry looking, a somewhat angry kinda guy but still usually pretty chill most of the time, etc. I guess I kinda want a more bad-guy look to go along with my facial features/expressions. Oh, and I'm like 5'8 and asian and a little overweight :( (but I'm pretty built too, still, need to work out more!!!!!)

cheatz: yeah, I'm tryin to look more and more at college kids and stuff to see how they dress. I got a fossil (got it back in 8th grade....meh). Facial hair? Maybe, but I don't have much for hair period (I'm asian. My arms are less hairy than 1/5 the girls I've seen) But I think once I get a little older maybe I'll grow more and have a sorta goatee or something....

fragmentor: I'm not really a ring/chain sorta guy.

redblue: yeah, my personality is kinda in between. Can be real mature and then I can be a real goofball...but I've noticed the goofball part fading away.
Yeah, I agree with you about facial hair.
All of my clothes are solids, black, white, red, grey, dark blue, etc. I have a few orange shirts but my warddrobe can change a little. No green (blech).
I have this watch: http://www.fossil.com/Product/Produ...&Dept_ID=MW&Cat_ID=MW18&Prod_ID=BQ9165&Color=
I'm thinkin about gettin a chain wallet (not something punky with a weed symbol on it, although I do blaze, something a bit more classy...) Maybe a small chain, but my mom doesn't really like necklaces on guys. Oh well. I dunno about jewelry though, it's not really my thing. I'm going for more of a older bad-guy look.
I got some kswiss. Two perr. White on white baby (I love white shoes).

Overall, it's not just a more mature look I'm lookin for, it's also a more bad-guy look also. Thanks for the input guys.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by stonedtokki
jester: how confident would you feel in clothes that make you uncomfortable? Sure you can sarge and prob even be successful even if you look poor or whatever, but I just need to look the part also, and I kinda also need to find my own style...and my style sure as hell isn't total skater or stoner or abercrombie boy. I want my clothes to reflect my personality....and in case you were wondering, my personality is: cynical, fairly c+f, PERCIEVED as serious/angry looking, a somewhat angry kinda guy but still usually pretty chill most of the time, etc. I guess I kinda want a more bad-guy look to go along with my facial features/expressions. Oh, and I'm like 5'8 and asian and a little overweight :( (but I'm pretty built too, still, need to work out more!!!!!)
HUH...?

lol

its very simple dude. Confidence is having trust in yourself and being comfortable with who you are, no matter what you may look like. Trying to look older, or trying to look like a "bad ass" is by definition not confident. And as we all should know, confidence comes before everything.

Buy clothes that you like. Dont care about anything else, cause its all bullsh1t.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't wear your chain out??? Then what's the point of buying it? lolz

stonedtokki

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not asking you guys on ways I can look older because I idolize older people in some way and want to be like them, I ask because I don't want/like to be like all the other kids in my school with either prep abercrombie or stoner punk rocker, etc. I just want to find my own look, and all I know is what I see at school, so I was lookin for something else. If you read my previous post I talk about how I want to find my own style. I'm fairly confident with who I am, but this is not about trying to look like someone I'm not. If people told me "wearing light blue = older" I would look for something else because that's just not my style. My style, in the vague sense that I know it, should reflect my personality. What I'm trying to do here is just that: reflect my personality onto what I wear.

Reaction score
grow up............................................

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
30 my ass.
Don't swear.
lmao

[a prime example of immature behavior you should avoid if you want to look older]

But seriously, I find being ALPHA can make you look older. As well as appraoching girls, kids don't do that.