Ways to increase appetite

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
that's cardiovascular training, it promotes oxygen absorption into the blood to the muscles. The HEART is hit equally if not harder from doing weights.
look at the word
cardiovascular
thats the heart, the lungs, and the arteries and veins.
"promotes oxygen absorption"? tell me how slow your heat is when you are breathing real fast to perform this oxygen absorption.

Youll do 20 rep set squats or some crazy high rep scheme, for how much time are you actually lifting? try some intense cardio for half an hour, and be honest, itll have your heart beating much faster.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RaWBLooD
look at the word
cardiovascular
thats the heart, the lungs, and the arteries and veins.
"promotes oxygen absorption"? tell me how slow your heat is when you are breathing real fast to perform this oxygen absorption.

Youll do 20 rep set squats or some crazy high rep scheme, for how much time are you actually lifting? try some intense cardio for half an hour, and be honest, itll have your heart beating much faster.
you talked about the heart like it wasn't involved when lifting, it is and it's involved alot.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
you talked about the heart like it wasn't involved when lifting, it is and it's involved alot.
I talked like?
sorry if you can somehow make every one of my words into a 2nd meaning to just how you wanna see it, try this quote.
Originally posted by brucevangeorge
Your disagreement is noted. And yes cardio is for pussies. The only time to use it is for cutting. Never while working out. Its counterproductive.
And i said, if hes heard of the heart, wich is what cardio needs to be done for if for no other reason.

suikeisuru

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your disagreement is noted. And yes cardio is for pussies. The only time to use it is for cutting. Never while working out. Its counterproductive.
I do cardio 7 days a week and I am 'bulking' as you call it. I am gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. The key is low intensity cardio, drink tons of green tea, and eat for FUNCTION. If you do this correctly, there is no need to ever 'cut' as your body will be a human blast furnace burning fat all day long while building muscle simultaneously.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RaWBLooD
I talked like?
sorry if you can somehow make every one of my words into a 2nd meaning to just how you wanna see it, try this quote.

And i said, if hes heard of the heart, wich is what cardio needs to be done for if for no other reason.

for the love of god... what he said is basically what you implied, mr grammar.

you don't need to do cardio for your heart if you do decently intense lifting unless you're a complete freak about it. How many consistant lifters with good diets do you see dropping of heart attacks?

don't forget you should also move to to a mountain in colorado and only do cardio in low oxygen areas. i mean... you ever heard of your lungs? That sea level air just isn't cutting it.

why do you have to make a big production of it? shouldn't you be running up a mountain while simultaneously doing squats with a log on your back right now?

Reaction score
Look, you want to have endurance? Do cardio. Go run every freaking day for hours on end. Than you can ***** about how you're not gaining any weight and youre skinny and have a see thru penis and blah, blah, blah.....

The key word is, DONT. Lifting works out the cardiovascular system ALOT. Everything is put under alot of stress, even the heart. Now the original post was how to increase appetie. The guy obviously want to gain WEIGHT. If you tell him to go jogging every day or play squash, is he going to gain any weight?

Well.... is he?

The correct answer is NO.

Dude,
Stick to weights, heavy weights. (see westside barbell skinny bastard workout for example) They will increase your hunger like mad. Especially after a huge leg workout.

Guys, stop giving dumbass advice. You're better than this.

Reaction score
Oh and btw, if the post is still up. Search for it and put RawBLOOD on your ignore list.

Keywords: rawblood, ignore .

suikeisuru

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look, you want to have endurance? Do cardio. Go run every freaking day for hours on end. Than you can ***** about how you're not gaining any weight and youre skinny and have a see thru penis and blah, blah, blah.....

The key word is, DONT. Lifting works out the cardiovascular system ALOT. Everything is put under alot of stress, even the heart. Now the original post was how to increase appetie. The guy obviously want to gain WEIGHT. If you tell him to go jogging every day or play squash, is he going to gain any weight?

Well.... is he?

The correct answer is NO.

Dude,
Stick to weights, heavy weights. (see westside barbell skinny bastard workout for example) They will increase your hunger like mad. Especially after a huge leg workout.

Guys, stop giving dumbass advice. You're better than this.
Cardio is not dumbass advice. Doing LOW intensity cardio first thing in the morning for 30 minutes will send your metabolism through the roof thus making you eat more (and by low intensity, I mean doing something like taking a brisk walk--NOT RUNNING). If you actually believe our body treats every calorie consumed the same regardless of its source, you have a lot to learn.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by suikeisuru
I do cardio 7 days a week and I am 'bulking' as you call it. I am gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time. The key is low intensity cardio, drink tons of green tea, and eat for FUNCTION. If you do this correctly, there is no need to ever 'cut' as your body will be a human blast furnace burning fat all day long while building muscle simultaneously.
I would NOT advise you to drink mass amounts of green tea. Any form of tea has high sources of caffeine, and it can truly fvck up the stomach. I had a co-worker who'd drink a lot everyday, and one day she had a horrible pain in her stomach and went to the emergency room...was told to lay off the tea.

For short term or every once in awhile is alright, but too much of a good thing is also bad.

Anyway, im very much in your position. Although im still struggling with this appetite problem im slowly improving. The key is to eat as much small meals in a day as you can.

In addition, they say when the body is dehydrated, the mind tricks it into thinking that it's hungry. I strongly believe this is true. Often i drink a lot of water anyway...and if sometimes if i get hungry, the drinking of fluids can actually postpone the hunger feeling. So that's also something to keep in mind.

But regardless, everyone's body & metabolism is different. Im taking this slow and so should you. No rush dont force yourself down with food. At one point i was hitting the gym to get big and i attemped to eat 4-5 meals a day, after a few months it royally fvcked up my appetite and it gave me a gagging feeling whenever i ingested food. since then on going to the gym has been pointless. My body/stomach/appetite has recovered greatly from when that last happened, but im still not at 100% like i used to be.

So keep in mind there's always a balance to maintain, dont overdo or underdo any types of foods or workouts. Dont push yourself if you cant.

TITANIUM_HeaRT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why rablood ignore? he didnt say nothin bad heer

Reaction score
I dont know what's the matter with you dude. You do cardio 7 days a week?! :crackup:

You cant possibly be bulking! Tried that method... didnt work. But if you say it works for you then keep it up. You obviously found something that works for your body.

As for the original question: dude, just try some of the methods posted here. Something's got to work. Maybe its not the same thing that works for the other guy but something WILL. I found that for my body heavy weights work best. After alot of experimantation, this is what I need to do to gain mass.

Just keep experimenting, and keep everything in balance.

Good luck.

suikeisuru

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know what's the matter with you dude. You do cardio 7 days a week?! :crackup:

You cant possibly be bulking! Tried that method... didnt work. But if you say it works for you then keep it up. You obviously found something that works for your body.

As for the original question: dude, just try some of the methods posted here. Something's got to work. Maybe its not the same thing that works for the other guy but something WILL. I found that for my body heavy weights work best. After alot of experimantation, this is what I need to do to gain mass.

Just keep experimenting, and keep everything in balance.

Good luck.
7 days a week and I went from 155 to 185 in a year's time and not this was not newbie gains. You need to lift with intensity, eat big (LOTS of protein), ease off on the carbs (no carbs at night and don't mix fat and carbs in the same meal), and supplement with green tea.

I don't follow 'bulking' and 'cutting'. I rather gain muscle and lose fat at the same time--and I am leaner now than I was a year ago. I had NO abs at all then and abs now.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by suikeisuru
7 days a week and I went from 155 to 185 in a year's time and not this was not newbie gains. You need to lift with intensity, eat big (LOTS of protein), ease off on the carbs (no carbs at night and don't mix fat and carbs in the same meal), and supplement with green tea.

I don't follow 'bulking' and 'cutting'. I rather gain muscle and lose fat at the same time--and I am leaner now than I was a year ago. I had NO abs at all then and abs now.
thats what i tell them but they dont listen, you can burn lots of calories, and as long as you eat more you will gain weight.