Way, way overprotective fathers!

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here's what's happening:

Last semester I met a lovely girl. We talked, I DJed and we hit it off. She was going away the summer so I didn't really try to get a date with her.

I just saw her today. Same thing. We talk and hit it off. She uses kino on me and everything is swell.

I ask her to lunch. Everything is still cool. So I ask her about her schedule and when she can do it. Well, her schedule is insanly full. I've never seen anyone take so many courses! And immediately after school, she works with her dad, who awaits her prompt arrival everyday.

So I get tired of of the schedule game and say, "Listen, just give me your number and we'll figure it out later."

I give her the pen to write down the number. She does, and I'm feeling good. Then she tells me about her father's insane overprotective behavior. She isn't even allowed to talk to guys(she's 19, btw). He caught her before and took her phone and car away. Next time he said he's sending her away(to where I can't imagine). This guy is serious, too.

With her schedule and her old man, I just said, "Well, I'll see you around. I have an appointment to get to(which I did)."

Before you think it, she wasn't just giving me excuses. I know when a woman is into me. I could see it in her eyes and body language. Plus I could tell she was nervous around me. She's risking a lot by giving me her number.

Now I want to know what some of you DJs have done in respose to psycho dads. I don't want to call her and have her get caught. Her old man won't even let her out on weekends. He always knows where she is.

I think the whole situation is stupid. I'm too old to be working around pain-in-the-ass dads.

I was begining to think the Gods were against this. Then I realized I am a god, so that couldn't be it!:D

I feel like a damn 16 year old kid dealing with this garbage.

What to do!

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've seen that type of behavior out of foreign parents with their new american daughters. they try to force their old lifestyle on their Americanized children. it just doesn't work. just out of curiosity, are this girl's parents foreigners?

i don't know what to tell you. maybe you can meet the father and get in on his good side.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in the exact same situation a few months ago. She was heavily controlled by her parents, and the more time went by the more I realised that she was never going to make an effort to change this. I felt like a naughty 12yr old sneaking behind their backs.

This girl was 18 and we had to sneak about in case her parents saw us?!?! I gave it a few weeks but had to end it.

She was a nice girl but, as with your situation, you have to ask yourself what sort of girl at the age of 18/19 has let herself become so controlled by her parents. If she cared enough about herself then she'd have put her dad in his place long ago.

My advice is to stay away. Its more trouble than its worth.

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
How did you know?lol.

Her parents are Syrian. At first I figured maybe I could talk to her old man. Most people like me after they meet me, anyway. But this guy seems out of control. He really would send her away.

Mainly, I don't want her to get in trouble. Man, I'd really like to see her naked, though!

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, Monkey. You're probably right, but it's hard to walk away when you know an adorable little lady likes you.

The biggest problem I have is the possible sneaking around. I'm a man. I don't want to do that crap.

Decisions.

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her Dad is German... and is one mean bastard. He has three daughters 18, 26, 28), and is very protective of all of them. I'm dating the one age 26. I think I'm the one he dislikes the most, due to the fact I am more likey the one to take her away from him. Doesn't matter how successfull I am at my job, or my personal life (family, friends) ...to him, he would much rather see me as being some washed up bum, so he can easily pass judgement on me. But because I am successful, it angers him more that he doesn't have the ability to shum me away, like he has with some of the other men in her life.

There's not much you can do bud... just wait till he drops dead. Until then, just stay out of their way.

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Divide and Conquer!!

I broke a 19y old virgin (who lived at home)
by getting her away from her parents...

I had death threats too...

be careful:D

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaos-Knight
Divide and Conquer!!

I broke a 19y old virgin (who lived at home)
by getting her away from her parents...

I had death threats too...

be careful:D
LOL.

I think I'll try. I just have to get her away from home first. She has never even been on a date. This is gold, gentlemen. Untainted. The dream of many men.:p

It's worth a death threat. Not death, but a death threat.

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, i am dealing with a strict muslim mom, very frustrating. But, im am trying my damn hardest to get on her good side. It sucks, but the girl is very hot, and very worth the trouble. She even has to hide how she dresses when she leaves the house.

fyzix

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. The girl I'm seeing has only had one boyfriend before me and is still a virgin, in fact, I'm the second guy she's kissed. Really great girl, I've been seeing her for a while (behind her parent's back), she finally brought the situation into the open this weekend and she invited me in before our date to meet her family. Her mom is Polish and her dad is Hungarian. Her brother is the same age as me except he could probably twist me into a prezel. I showed no intimidation, came across as confident and straightforward. I'm hoping this will help them lower their guard but we'll have to see.

wh01987

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah this girl i like her dad is wayy overprotective but they are american... heh... Plus shes in cheer shes always ****in busy :mad:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Fucc that old ass bastard.

I would be creepin in the girls window at night, and if the dirty old man busts in, im fleeing the scene like woah.

fyzix

Don Juan
Reaction score
How is that a tip? I think that's sh*t advice. If the guy is nuts who knows if he has violent tendencies. Maybe he'll come in with a shotgun and kill your *ss, or beat the girl when you're gone.

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fyzix
How is that a tip? I think that's sh*t advice. If the guy is nuts who knows if he has violent tendencies. Maybe he'll come in with a shotgun and kill your *ss, or beat the girl when you're gone.
Yeah, its called sarcasm. I was making fun of him, and him trying to sound like a gangster.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Knicknack
i've seen that type of behavior out of foreign parents with their new american daughters. they try to force their old lifestyle on their Americanized children. it just doesn't work. just out of curiosity, are this girl's parents foreigners?

i don't know what to tell you. maybe you can meet the father and get in on his good side.
I don't see the problem with parents wanting to protect their kids from the debauchery that the "American Life Style" brings. Open your eyes and maybe you'll see the how humble other culture are.

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BMW
I don't see the problem with parents wanting to protect their kids from the debauchery that the "American Life Style" brings. Open your eyes and maybe you'll see the how humble other culture are.
I respect men that love and protect their daughters. I will if I have a daughter.

The problem arrises when a father doesn't let his adult daughter go out--even with her female friends. The problem comes when a father tells his daughter not to smile in public, for fear that a man might notice her. Holding a beautiful life captive is barbarous.

Nobody is more disgusted by popular American culture than I am. I'm old fashioned. Of course I want to rail women, but I also respect them deeply and treat them right.

Honestly, with this girl, I would just like to get a chance to talk to her one late evening...alone; to have a deep conversation with. A simple date would be nice. I know I would treat her with more respect than her father does.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NEXT her. Why even put up with this when you can go out and find a better situation. You got at least 5 on the backburner don't you? You should.......

MacDonald

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL! Easier said than done, my friend. How many virgins have you had into you and you nexted them?

But I do have another woman in my sights. I'm going to try to get a conversation going in the next class.

But the lure of innocence is a strong one. We'll see if I can corrupt her.:D

TTAG

Don Juan
Reaction score
NEXT!

sorry dude, but there is only one thing to do.

NEXT!

even if you do get a date, dont even think about getting anywhere near her pants. from what i know. unless you want to marry her that is.