Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

waxing the beard/moustache/sideburns

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im bored of shaving.

so i havent shaved for the past 2 weeks, in preparation for....

yesterday i went to the drugstore, bought some wax that you microwave, slather on, and then pull off without cloth.

naturally, first thing i tried was my right moustache. oh god, the pain... as of this typing, its only about half-waxed :p

ive got a hearty portion of my beard ripped out thus far.

the stuff really works, i have to give it that. but god, the freakin PAIN, man!

assuming there are ppl here who have tried waxing facial hair (eyebrows aside), id like to ask:

DOES THE PAIN GO AWAY SUBSTANTIALLY, after the first waxing treatment? or is it gonna hurt like holy hell just as bad every time I do it?

Furthermore, has anyone ever used stuff like this:
http://www.bypia.com/products/store/x_viewItem.asp?idProduct=107

thoughts on the product?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're an idiot. Don't ever wax your facial hair. It's not the same thing as women waxing their legs - facial hair is much denser and the face is a lot more sensitive than legs.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women wax their facial hair, so it's not like it can't be done. Most women don't do it THEMSELVES, though, so you might be a little retarded.

SinisaD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can only imagine how much pain that sh!t hurts I mean ur literally pulling hundreds of dense hairs off your face.... OUCH man... not very smart.. STICK TO SHAVING!

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
You're an idiot. Don't ever wax your facial hair. It's not the same thing as women waxing their legs - facial hair is much denser and the face is a lot more sensitive than legs.
haven't heard of NADS? anyway stuff like that is available at ur local drugstore, and for cheap.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
keep us updated

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
having a 2nd person around really helps, it seems. when someone else rips, they rip harder and faster; when you do it yourself, your slow and hesitant cuz it ****ing HURTS.

but when someone else yanks the wax off, it doesnt hurt (much) at all. i really cant get myself to tear it off like someone else can.

I also used a sock to attach the wax and allow for a better hold.

so i smear the hot wax on, quickly slap a sock onto the area, and then stick an icepack on top of the sock to cool the wax down quickly. then i walk over to my mom and have her tear the **** off.

Its best to not yank off more than about 3/4" squared area at a time; I initially plastered the left half of my entire beard area, and mom about knocked me unconscious trying to separate the sock from my face... ended up only getting about a quarter of the area and a near-concussion out of that turn.

anyway, after an hour i got my entire beard and moustache removed. There's some occasional hairs across the area that escaped the wax's grasp and remain intact, but thats nothing i can't easily do later tomorrow. and once i got someone to do the ripping for me, it DIDNT HURT.

My relatively-sparse sideburn and jawline-hair are all that substantially remain.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never wax my face because you're permanently changing your facial hair by doing that. The more you do it, the lighter and thinner it'll come in, and I imagine after a while that could look kind of bad.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by doctoroxygen
Women wax their facial hair, so it's not like it can't be done. Most women don't do it THEMSELVES, though, so you might be a little retarded.
Not the same thing at all. Women have the peach fuzz of a 12 year old boy.

KevboTheThird

Reaction score
ok so purple pimp, it's all well and good you feel that way, but you're just going around the board posting stuff like, "you are loser" and "you are little boy with little wee wee." not to mention calling me a lame-ass jew or whatever you said (btw, i have no religion).

is anyone else sick of this guy already? didn't take him long to get irritating.

MAVER1CK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think ill try waxing my face aswell.

**** facial hair. **** body hair. All the hot girls in my are hate it. THey like a clean guy, not some ****ing neanderthal mother ****er like these idiot little school kids who cant afford to wax.

oh, and just for the record, my girl is a 10. so sit down you little *****es who still cant get laid by anything remotly hot or human yet.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought if wax you facial hair you got a much better chance of getting ingrown hars. if you nver seen it, its the size of a zit and has a black dot in the middle.... not puiry!!!

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
after you have someone else tear out the DENSE areas (the main beard/moustache) for you, the light areas can be easily torn out on your own. Jawline hair, sideburns, sparse missed patches, all were easily removed on my own. really doesnt hurt much.

I have a near-baby-smooth face. Well, it is underneath all the disinfectant salve :p

I think the first time has got to be by far the worst time. From here on, im just gonna keep up on regular maintenance. Hopefully, the rumors of no-growing-back will come true after a year or two.

The thought of being 25 yrs old and not having much in the way of natural facial hair is quite pleasing.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by piranha45
The thought of being 25 yrs old and not having much in the way of natural facial hair is quite pleasing.
How, um..strange. I don't have much in the way of natural facial hair at 19 and would kill for it. What about when your kids want daddy to dress up as Abraham Lincoln? That's precisely why I'm not having kids.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know the typical rates of hair growth in men, but for me the hair has gotten more frequent and grows faster year by year, so far. i speculate one doesn't get a full set of facial hair till perhaps the late 20's.