Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Water Polo training

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of gym exercises would be ideal for my water polo? I swim and train anyway, but id rather my gym workouts are slightly more tailored to my sports. So the first sport that im going to try and tie in is water polo.

Where i work out has most equipment and there is a pool handy.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most important thing is your endurance as you are treading water for long periods. So playing the sport is your number one priority. If you have a coach he should be getting the team doing circuits, shuttle runs etc etc. As for the gym, general strengthening, maybe some work with the medicine ball - throwing it to one another for example. Make sure your legs have enough strength - inner and outer thigh, some core work, but like I said, the main thing is endurance in a game and you train for that by your sessions in the pool.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never done water polo, but was a competitive triathlete.

From what I've seen your dry work should be explosive speed, so yeah, a medicine ball would help. On the weights side power cleans, rows and presses.

In the water, head up sprints with a leg float, hand paddle and hand floats.

At the end of the day it's short distance speed to the ball.

Or am I wrong?

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I scored three times today despite playing at the back, i think my coach wants to stick me in the pit now. Our current training consists of two sessions a week, which is not enough and as a team we are suffering (only a school team). As such we do no dry training together, only water training.

Yes it is very much about both endurance but also about speed sprints.