Watches

_Machiavelli_

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a watch, i'm inclined to buy a Swatch Chronograph, Irony collection with a Silver bracelet. Is it a good buy??

K56Connect

Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember Swatces,,lol. The 80s come alive everytime I see one, even a modern one.

Mazman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Swatches are nice, reliable watches. The only thing I don't like about that watch is the plastic casing.

Friar

Reaction score
Don't waste your time with a Swatch. Spend a little more and get a great watch. Go with a Tissot. It's the same company that makes (Omega one of the best you can get) but they are a LOT cheaper. You can get them starting in the $150 range I think and I've had mine for 5 years.

Sean
alpha therapeutics
The Best in SKIN - SHAVE - HAIR - 4MEN ONLINE

Mazman

Don Juan
Reaction score
_Machiavelli_

I'm not sure how old you are or what your budget is for a watch.

Sure a Tissot is better than a Swatch, but I don think you'll find a chronograph type that's close to the price of a Swatch. Look more into $300+ for a Tissot with similar functions. Maybe as low as $250, but that's about it.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not check out ebay? There's some good stuff for crazy prices in the watch section - I just bought 2 watchs for 25USD (around 22 euros with this lovely exchange rate :))

unclebob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a GUCCI the nice square one, thats what I wear the girls just love it, they cant stop bringing it up when you meet them.

-Zero_h0uR-

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a watch that I wear for everyday stuff (you know, when I'm working on the car, or jogging) so that I don't mess up my good one. My good one is a Rolex that my grandfather gave me, however my cheap one seems to get me MORE compliments.

I paid 50 dollars for it at K-Mart. It's an Armitron, and it does the date, day, month, and even the damn moon phase. I've had this watch for 6 years now. I'm just saying, that you don't always have to dump a ton of cash into it if you can't afford it, as long as you find something good looking.

-- Zero-

WatchMeWalk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is this not in General Discussion?

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by -Zero_h0uR-
I have a watch that I wear for everyday stuff (you know, when I'm working on the car, or jogging) so that I don't mess up my good one. My good one is a Rolex that my grandfather gave me, however my cheap one seems to get me MORE compliments.

I paid 50 dollars for it at K-Mart. It's an Armitron, and it does the date, day, month, and even the damn moon phase. I've had this watch for 6 years now. I'm just saying, that you don't always have to dump a ton of cash into it if you can't afford it, as long as you find something good looking.

-- Zero-
This is so true - the sad truth is is that most girls don't know sh!t about watches.

Get something that looks nice without breaking the bank. Don't just buy a brand name for the sake of owning a "Rolex" or "Gucci" or whatever. Get something that YOU like.