Watch What You Drink!!!

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throughout High School, I always had a little bit of gut. It started in my Freshman year, I had a spair tire around my waist and so I did what every other guy did, I did sports. I become very athletically involved, playing basketball with friends for 2 hours everyday, Football with friends on Friday, and then depending on the season an additional 3 hours of track+pole-vaulting+high-jumping, wrestling, soccer, for school. And then I'd work out at home. Sh!t, I was a monster when it came to sports (and now I have messed up knees, anyway...) but despite it all, I still had that extra tire. So I picked up Tae Kwon Do in addition to all this and started doing weights... still no difference. So, from Freshman to Senior year I learned the one ab-exercises that I always did in public, I call it the standing diaphragm crunch, or sucking in your gut, for short. I never understood why I would not lose weight. My diet was perfect, I drank very healthy, and worked out constantly.

Then, one day, I looked at the Orange Juice I was drinking. I figured out that by drinking 1 gallon of OJ or Grapefruit Juice a day (which I consumed EVERY DAY), I took in an additional 1900 calories just from drinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That meants I had a 4000 calorie diet!!!!!!!! So... I decided to throw out the OJ and Grapfruit juice and start drinking WATER. Guess what... 3 months later I no longer need to suck in my gut and I'm well on my way to a sixpack. So, if you drink a lot like me, check out how many calories you consume, because drinking can be your biggest obstacle to reaching ideal weight.

blackbirdbeatle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
On the other hand you wereprobably healthy as sh!t from the megadoses of vitamin C. I take over 1000% of the RDA and it's giving me all sorts of benefits.

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still am, matter of fact, cause of my knees I know take Glucosamine Chondritin supplements, Vitamin Spectrum supplements, Calcium supplements, and Fish oil supplements every day.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruit juice contains a hell of a lot of sugar and it does make you fat. Gallon of water a day is MUCH better

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn..I never really knew that. I just looked it up, one liter (dunno how many gallons that is) of apple juice contains like 100g of sugar!? WTF?! lol I always thought drinking that "healthy" apple or orange juice would be a good way to get some (good) extra calories. Boy was I wrong lol

If u diet you should of course focus on drinking water, but I didnt really think that frut juice contained that much sugar.

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
actually you should not be eating fruit period if you're on a low carb diet. Fruit containst fructose sugar which is very easily stored into bodyfat. Most people don't know that and think fruit is "healthy". Maybe healthy but not in sense of losing fat

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if you can get it anymore, but a company called Rowell Laboratories that got started in my hometown, Baudette MN, used to make a product called Burbot Liver Oil, which was the liver oil of a burbot aka eelpout aka lawyer. Anyway, this stuff is 7 to 8 times more potent than cod liver oil. Now Rowell Labs is based in Marietta Georgia, and it goes by the name of Solvay Pharmaceuticals. Maybe you've heard of it? It all started with two men and a fish in Bumfuk USA.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only juice you should be drinking is fresh squeeze juice. A glass of juice a day won't hurt you though. Especially in the morning. The Vitamin C and the glucose is perfect to start the day, but you shouldn't have more than 1-2 glass a day. (Unless it's sqeezed)

To contrary beliefs, juice is almost if not as bad as any pop.

Think about it, how do they do to have the same of glucose all around the year? Fruits goes by seasons, yet these 'juices' are ALWAYS the same...

think about it.

Goldem Arms is right on the dot. Water is MUCH better.