Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Watch 'groundhog day' the movie

Don Juanobi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Groundhog day with Bill Murrey is an excellant movie, it shows the transformation from 'jerk' to what I would call a DJ.

Anyone else see it?

affirmed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After going through phases of being the nice guy, the jerk, the overly nice guy, the aggressive guy etc he does finally become pretty close to what we would call the DJ, most importantly he is living his life, the social proof is evident, he doesn't need to try and win her affection his ACTIONS speak for him.

RDtoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw Groundhog Day again recently and was thinking the same thing. It should definetly sit alongside the other DJ movies.

Pook

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Groundhog Day is one of my favorites! Notice how earlier the emphasis on what SHE WANTS and his does trial and error to get her. He takes her interests and adopts them. He fails.

Later, he puts the focus on himself, on self-improvmeent and what he can do in that small world, and he is not only happier by being the man but gets the girl!

Another favorite of mine is Gattaca. Being born without the smarts, beauty, or privledge, I always saw myself in the movie.

Brother Alex

Reaction score
Groundhog's Day is perhaps the second best film on what I consider (in my ignorance) to be Don Juan'ism.

But only second.

The best, in fact the movie that PICKED ME UP and OUT of being an AFC is called "School for Scoundrels". I watched this once and then watched it again immediately after with a pen and paper. I'm quite serious.

The only problem is, I suspect, it'll be really difficult to get hold of. It's a black and white 1950's British film, light comedy, starring Terry Thomas and Ian C..sthg. I urge all, and perhaps especially the Masters here who I beleive will appreciate it all the more, to try and track it down.

A very breif synopsis: Set in the middle/upper class London social scene of the 50's, an absolute loser in love, work and social standing signs up for a course in 'One-upmanship', because he is tired of being pushed around by dominant men that get the girls and have the power.And then you watch him just play with his enemies.

Don't take it as advice (some of the stuff is painfully unrealistic) but just appreciate the wonderful way of thinking.It was the last film I watched as an AFC.

If anyone has seen it, or can find it and watches it, please let me know what you think.

(Please pay special attention to the restaurant scene. Terry Thomas is absolutely brilliant.)

"Mark my words well gentlemen, he who is not one up,...... is one down."

Thanks,

Brother Alex

PS What are considered the 'other DJ movies'?

RDtoo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
School for Scoundrels is available from Movies Unlimited. They advertise it on ebay quite a bit. I have been bidding on it but always get outbidded.

Other DJ movies:

Swingers --Until I see School for Scoundrels, this is the ultimate DJ movie for me.

Tao of Steve--not bad, but gets AFC towards the middle.

Rodger Dodger--New movie that is supposedly about being a DJ that I have not seen yet.

Others that have been recommended here like "In the Company of Men" have not been very helpful to me, though they are interesting.

Hey, does anyone watch the old TV show "Cheers"? The bar manager, Sam Malone, played by Ted Danson is a first rate DJ. Watch a couple of episodes and see what I mean.

affirmed

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gladiator is a fantastic film if you want to get a feel for the kind of guy pook talks about. Maximus exudes so many DJ traits he's pretty much the perfect model for it. Of course we can't all be roman generals but these things apply to most situations if you use a fair helping of interpretation.

Fight club is a good DJ movie too in many ways. Not living for women. Living for what you want primarily.

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just saw Groundhog day. :) funny and interesting movie. Like Pook wrote, I gonna learn these traits.

Other movies I've seen:

• American Psycho. Another great movie. Learned: Alpha male attitude. Ignore the killing and psycho thing though.
  • Boiler room. Cool movie, catch Ben Affleck's speeches, they are priceless. quoted "Don't forget your ABC, always be closing"
  • Casblanca. Generally all time classic. The main character, Rick is truly gentleman alpha male.
  • Clerks. No bull**** relationship description here. Very realistic.
  • Don Juan DeMarcio. The beginning is great, a PU that leads to ONS!
  • Fight Club. Again don't care attitude, the pain is only in your head. Quoted "We're a generation of men raised by women"
  • Gattaca. I have this movie, but have not seen it yet.
  • Gladiator. This is how a great man is. Be like Maximus
  • Groundhog day. nuff said.
  • How to be a player. Pretty basic stuff.
  • K-Pax. Nothing DJ related, but the quote in the end of the movie is worth mentioning:
    "I want to tell you something, Mark, something you do not yet know, but we K-PAXians have been around long enough to have discovered.
    The universe will expand, then it will collapse back on itself, and then it will expand again. It will repeat this process forever.
    What you don't know is that when the universe expands again, everything will be as it is now. What ever mistakes you make this time around, you will live through on your next pass. Every mistake you make...you will live through...again and again, forever.
    So my advice to you is to get it right this time around, because this time...
    is all you have.
  • Mallrats. See "Clerks", same.
  • Mating habits of the Earth bound human. A different view on the mating process :)
  • Ronin. Again not a DJ movie. I have it, but not yet watched it.
  • Swingers. Just watch it!
  • The legend of Bagger Vance. Some great philosophy, again just instead of golf, think DJ hehee
  • Vanilla Sky. Cool and strange movie. Quoted: "Every minute passing is a chance to turn it all around"

Here are some other great movie suggestions

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
VANILLIA SKY- my favorite movie.

Watch the first 30 minutes and you will see in my opinion, a true

DJ in action!

Tom Cruise's confidence and charm are inspirational.

Notice what he says when Cameron Diaze ask's "when will you

call me?"

Notice how he acts at his birthday party when he picks up

Penelope Cruise (yes, she did marry him in real life).

Everything in the bible is there:

1) He teases Penelope about her coat being to big.

2) He has great eye contact with everyone.

3) He plays around and slams the door in Penelpoe's face.

4) He's funny and ****y when he tells her to look over his shoulder to see his "Stalker" holding a martini.

5) He doesn't kiss Cameron Diaze's ass and doesn't automatically jump her bones when she wants to give him his "birthday present"

6) He's smooth as butter while back at Penelope's apartment.

The list continues so be sure check it out for yourself!

Elimidate

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw someone mentioning something about Maximus in Gladiator or Roman military figures in General. Well this may sound silly, but I love history and the Romans, especially their military exploits are amongst my favortie things. So sometimes if I'm feeling kind of "blah" as I call it, I imagine myself as one of these mythic figures, with my armor and sword marching valiantly because I know I am the best there is. Always makes me put my head up and puff my chest out and I begin lookign at people with a penetrating stare lol. Sounds silly, but it works ;)

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha. yea well i guess if we all had 5 cracks at the same girl,withher not remembering any previous ones, our success rates would all be higher!

i def. agree with gladiator. i think on a personal level, the character of maximus, all-around, exudes more of a "man's image" than any other character that i have witnessed.

i also like ben affleck's little speech in boiler room in front of the trainees.

rambof07

Reaction score
Amazing one really.........An entertaining film, but it's also one that can subtly, obliquely inspire you to get out of your rut, do the right things, and move on with your life--whether you believe in karma or not.

Demonpenz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rodger Roger has good game unit, dude is miserable drunk though.

joydivision

Reaction score
Ironically an older Bill Murray would play a character called Don, who is very successful with women, in the film Broken Flowers (2005).