was the bartender hitting on me

fosho

Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's the deal. I'm recently back on the market after 5 years of dating and being engaged to an emotional wreck. Needless to say I left her and have spent some time getting my head back together and focusing on improving myself in every aspect of my being. Until now (about 9 months), I have had terrible luck with women. The initial attraction was there but quickly faded. I just wasn't feelin' it. That last girlfriend really did some damage to my confidence and always had me doubting myself. Problem is, I let her have control which ultimately led to my being solo.

Well, water under the bridge. I live at the beach, I'm 25, and I'm single. Need I say more? I've recently stumbled upon this website and have been implementing some of the DJ's tips. Tell you what man, magic. I've got girls giving me "the look" and I have just met them. They are approaching me and giving me their numbers. Crazy stuff. The weird part is, I'll go the bars on a Saturday night in nothing more than a t-shirt, sandals, and a pair of shorts. All about my new found confidence? Gotta be.

The Point: My friends and I go to our favorite restaurant at least one day every week. Last week I was meeting my friend there, but I showed up a little early to get a table. So I sit at the bar in the corner and order a beer and some chips from the bartender. While sitting there, the other bartender(looks like Jessica Simpson - 9/10) sees me and smiles while approaching. Now, we do come here quite often but I have never done more than order a beer from her. It is usually too busy for small talk with a bartender. Anyways, she comes over and leans against the bar and asks me how my night is going. I say "I'm excellent, and how about you?" She replies similarly. My friend wants to hire her to bartend for a party he is throwing, so I tell her my friend might have a job opportunity for her, smiling and never telling her what the job was. She gets excited and tells me how she has graduated and is currently looking. She even told me some other stuff about her dog and how she is living by herself and stuff.

Now the friend I am meeting is a total alpha DJ. This guy is like your website in human form. The bartender I'm sure must recognize me from coming in with him. Funny thing is, he never asked her to bartend for him. As we left, I made eye contact with her and gave a little smile as we walked out the door. I told my friend the story about what happened after we left and he told me I was an idiot. He said she was totally hitting on me. I figured it was just small talk.

Need some feedback here. Was she hitting on me, what should I do next, should I go for the number?

Any DJ advice would be good.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fosho

Need some feedback here. Was she hitting on me, what should I do next, should I go for the number?
Who knows?

"ok time to go eat. write your number/email/bra size down." *push out pen and paper*

Either

1. 'sure' *scribble*
2. *some lie about why not*

'tis not brain surgery..

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by fosho
So here's the deal. I'm recently back on the market after 5 years of dating and being engaged to an emotional wreck. Needless to say I left her and have spent some time getting my head back together and focusing on improving myself in every aspect of my being. Until now (about 9 months), I have had terrible luck with women. The initial attraction was there but quickly faded. I just wasn't feelin' it. That last girlfriend really did some damage to my confidence and always had me doubting myself. Problem is, I let her have control which ultimately led to my being solo.

Well, water under the bridge. I live at the beach, I'm 25, and I'm single. Need I say more? I've recently stumbled upon this website and have been implementing some of the DJ's tips. Tell you what man, magic. I've got girls giving me "the look" and I have just met them. They are approaching me and giving me their numbers. Crazy stuff. The weird part is, I'll go the bars on a Saturday night in nothing more than a t-shirt, sandals, and a pair of shorts. All about my new found confidence? Gotta be.

The Point: My friends and I go to our favorite restaurant at least one day every week. Last week I was meeting my friend there, but I showed up a little early to get a table. So I sit at the bar in the corner and order a beer and some chips from the bartender. While sitting there, the other bartender(looks like Jessica Simpson - 9/10) sees me and smiles while approaching. Now, we do come here quite often but I have never done more than order a beer from her. It is usually too busy for small talk with a bartender. Anyways, she comes over and leans against the bar and asks me how my night is going. I say "I'm excellent, and how about you?" She replies similarly. My friend wants to hire her to bartend for a party he is throwing, so I tell her my friend might have a job opportunity for her, smiling and never telling her what the job was. She gets excited and tells me how she has graduated and is currently looking. She even told me some other stuff about her dog and how she is living by herself and stuff.

Now the friend I am meeting is a total alpha DJ. This guy is like your website in human form. The bartender I'm sure must recognize me from coming in with him. Funny thing is, he never asked her to bartend for him. As we left, I made eye contact with her and gave a little smile as we walked out the door. I told my friend the story about what happened after we left and he told me I was an idiot. He said she was totally hitting on me. I figured it was just small talk.

Any DJ advice would be good.
Barmaids are known to be Notorious AW because they know that the friendlier they act towards guys, the better the tips are going to be.

The one true sign to know if a barmaid likes you if she orders you a drink and doesn't charge you for it (on the house). Other wise there is a whole army of men out there who believe that she likes them and they too got a chance. Of coarse the only way to find out is ask her out (remember if she is hot as you say she is then she got at least 10-20 guys every night trying to hook up with her). If you don't do something that stands you out of the pack, then you don't have much of a chance.

*Note of Caution: Don't pick up a girl who works in one of your favourite hangouts because if the relationship goes sour, you probably would never be able to show your face there again (or until she quits).

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agree.......

Hey,

I agree....

Most barmaids are just Attention Wh0res.....

They flirt with a 100 men a week, just to boost their ego and to get bigger tips.........

I would not waste my time.....

my 2 cents

cave dweller

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably not.

They are also there to appear available, but never be available.

Most of the times, working in the bars, the bartenders boyfriend is usually sitting at the side of the bar just sipping the drinks, or is going to pick her up after her shift.

But, for instance, if she WAS actually hitting on you... she won't be next time you go. You missed your chance, and now you have to deal with the fact that she sees you as a good tip and nothing more.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Bartenders are much like waitresses...they want good tips. It's their job to be friendly. Don't ever assume a bartender or waitress is interested in you. I know this because I recently was a waitress for 2 or 3 years.