Was it my own insecurities that destroyed this relationship with a party girl?

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the past couple weeks, a couple threads I've written have revolved around this chick I've been "dating."

She's 18, smart, but also a party girl. Not the type that goes and sleeps with a different guy each time, but the type that likes to get with some friends, go out, and drink.

There were some signs that I thought might foretell a train-wreck waiting to happen. Besides her being a party girl, she also seemed rather flirtatious with many guys. Not sexually active with them, but flirtatious. Let's get into a recent example.

I am buddies with several guys in a house, who often throw parties/hangouts where everyone drinks, smokes, etc. She and her friends often go over there to hang out (that's where I met her). Anyway, a night ago, while I was not there, she became really drunk over there and ended up blacking out, and passing out in one of my buddies' beds. As he's my friend, he didn't do anything with her, but it is still a precarious situation.

One of my other buddies told me the next day she was getting very "friendly" with him that night while drunk, but after she mentioned we were going out together, he restrained from doing anything with her out of respect for me.

Situations like these make it difficult for me to trust this girl! Every time she decides to go out, I become worried as to what kind of sh*t she might end up doing, and thus sometimes I feel forced to go out there anyway, even though I might just feel like staying in.

So anyway, last night she seemed rather b*tch towards me but flirtatious with this other guy I know. While hanging out and partying a little bit, I decided I wanted to go home and told her to come with me (it was pretty late around this time...1-2 am). Well, she said she didn't want to leave, so I got pissed (note I was already rather drunk and pretty high), and told her I'm leaving anyway.

A little later that night, still pissed and thinking that she's f*cking around with other dudes, I messaged her telling her it's over between us, period, and that she can go do whatever she wants.

Since then I haven't heard anything from her. And so I'm kinda concluding that our relationship is over.

Now, a while back, when I posted a first thread about this girl, I got many responses advising me NOT to get attached to this broad, that I should simply f*ck her a couple times a week and keep it to that. Well, I guess I made a mistake. Because I DID end up getting attached to her. We DID end up going out together. And in the end, it looks like it was a bad idea.

But at the same time, I am wondering if it was partly my own insecurites about her going around and f*cking with other dudes that screwed me over here. Did I act too impulsively when just suddenly breaking it off with her? Did this make ME look inconfident? And was there a better way to handle this situation?

In the meantime, I'll continue working on other girls. I do feel a little bit down about not being with her anymore, but I'll get over it. And if possible, I'll try to f*ck her a few more times in the future, maybe try to develop a FB relationship with her instead.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, she just called and claimed she was upset about last night and that I was a **** to her. I told her she really wasn't perfect either and sounded like I really didn't give a sh*t.

I told her that if she wanted to get together, to call me. End of convo.

I have a date anyway tonight.

J.R.G.G

Don Juan
Reaction score
Workouter, you need to understand a couple of things...

First... if you knew from the beggining that this girl was a party/flirtious girl and you didnt completely like that idea then why did you made her your gf.
I personaly dont make a girl my gf if shes a party girl period, for me those girls are just for friends or f.buddys. But thats just my opinion and i respect guys who do like those girls for gfs.

Second.... you dont trust her, then why the hell be in a relationship when you are not sure if shes capable of cheating. If a girl is gonna be my gf, i first make sure that i can trust her.

Third... if she was in the party with you and you asked her to leave with you and she stayed because she wanted to stay, then you gotta realize that not only is she disrespecting you as her bf, but understand that she preffers a party over you.

To me, thats not gf material, but like i said.. if youre ok with that stuff she does then go for it. But i recomend that you keep her as a friend, stop caring about her as your gf.

Ps: you told her to call you if she wanted to get together? why are giving her that ''prize'' after she was disrespetful to you?

Just let her know that youre in charge now, dont be sending texts telling her its over, you dont need to let her know that... you are the only one that needs to know its over and thats enough.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the reason I consented to being a bf with her is because I simply wanted the sex to continue. I was still dating other girls though.

But yeah, it was definately stupid to get attached to her.

J.R.G.G

Don Juan
Reaction score
So what are you gonna do, continue being attached? or move on?

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to go hit the gym and down a big whey shake.

Then I'm going to move on.

BTW I saw her today for about 15 minutes. She started crying a little bit. Anyway she said she didn't know what she wanted to do. I said okay, made out with her a little bit, and just walked off.

I don't plan on contacting her. If she does contact me, how should I handle it?

J.R.G.G

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its ok if she contacts you, just be cool act indeferently... be friendly and flirty... but if she wants to get back with you, just say that you never really wanted a relationship, offer her that you can hang out and stuff... but nothing more.

Being indiferent to what she says and do is the key here... that way you can still have her as a friend and most imprtantly a POTENTIAL fvck buddy, just dont make the same mistake of making her your gf again just to have sex with her.

Dont be mean or anything, just be calm and act confident of your decision...

I know youre gonna do a good job bro:cool:

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it seems like deep down you know you made a mistake, but unlike most people.. you seem to have no problem understanding the mistake you made and moving on.

Honestly, she never should have been your GF in the first place.. if in doubt... WAIT.. what harm goes into waiting to see if she is worthwhile? My last GF I met last June... I didn't date her until December 3rd, and not because I was "winning her over"... she wanted to date me in July, I told her she had to prove to me that she was relationship material.

I waited until I knew I could trust her until I decided to date her.

If she isn't willing to wait and s tarts doing stupid **** like witholding sex, she isn' tworth it...

However, the whole "party girl" thing goes deeper than pople realize.. .it's a phycological problem.

Nothing wrong with partying. At all. I like to get out from time to time.

But there is a difference between liking to party, and Having to party.

It's a difference between enjoying the nite life and literarly Managing until the weekend comes.

For me, and this is just me, there has to be absolutly nothing of importance that has to be done for me to "go out". Event hen, I would much, much rather go over a girls house or have company on a Friday or Saturday night... I have to just be in the "mood" to go out, and that's maybe 1, 2 times a month.. Mabye.

There are women out there, a nd men, and this girl sounds like one of them... they are managing though life just to make it to the weekend...

The point of partying is to Celebrate. Am I not right? When you were little, you didn't go though school and on Friday afternoon, in 1st grade, you got together at the playground and say

"damn, this addition **** is kicking my ass, I don't know about you kids, but I need to unwind.. Pizza and Kool-aid at my house tonight"

However, now people feel that they have to "unwind" and "get away" from regular life... they go out, end up getting drunk off their ass, all in an attempt to get as far as they can from their pitiful, pathetic regular meaningless everyday lives.

Part of the reason I let my last GF go, is she was like this... I had no problem whatsoever with her going out... however I started to notice the more depressed she got, ,the more often she would go out. Instead of talking about it, or even better, start making some changes in her life, she got drunk and would go out everynight. That's not a healthy personality in the least bit.