Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was I blown off?????????

Dave_Hanson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres the story, there is a girl in one of my classes who I found attractive, she always kept to herself and did not talk to anyone in the class at all, very very shy girl, well I am shy myself, but I would occasionally talk with her, and last thursday I took the leap and asked her if she wanted to get together sometime, and she said sure, neither of us had paper or pen so we could not exchange numbers, so we said we would do it on monday, well today was the final exam and the last day of classes, and me being the dumb shy azzhole i am, i did not say a word to her and she did not say anything to me, after class when she was driving away she did wave and smile at me from her car.!!!!!!!

Was i blown off or what?

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No you weren't blown off. Be the alpha male man, you had not one but two shots. You could've have been really bold and stopped her as she drove by. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
me being the dumb shy azzhole i am, i did not say a word to her and she did not say anything to me
Well there you have it. So how can you expect anything to happen if you don't even talk to the girl?! You're the guy remember, do something next time!!!

Reaction score
you blew yourself off for not making your get together a certainty.

Don't expect women to remind you of thing like that! especially when they're shy as hell as well.

Same as approaching, most of the time males have to do the approaching, not the ladies.

Bubzeebub

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. You should have and could have chased that one a bit more. However, if you're really into her and it sounds like you are, see if you can get the number from one of her friends if possible. She's already given you the ok ....so if you get the number....seems like it'd be a sure thing for at least a first date.

-Bub

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No need for paper or pen!

The guys are right. You didn't make your move when the time was right. But at least it doesn't appear she's p1ssed off at you. Perhaps when school starts again...

But my main point is that you don't need a pencil, pen, or paper. Scatch her number on the ground, get a pen and a scrap of paper and copy it, or use your keys and scatch it on any scrap of paper you can find (a flyer, a discarded paper cup, etc.). make crative use of litter. Whatever you need to do.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no - you were stupid.

her waving and smile'N was a way to grab your attention!!!
What do u expect? Her to walk up to her and say 'hey - here's my number?'

Won't happend. Not in this life.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you cb youself!Nobody was stopping you, but you weren't ready for the situation and you paid the price. At least next time (don't worry there will be a next time, just prolly not with this girl ;)) you will be ready

Ser_i

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by echo1212
your in class and you have no pen or paper?????????? ooooook
I was thinking more like, You are aproaching a girl with the intention of getting her number and you don't have anything to write it down on. yikes!:confused:

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ser_i
I was thinking more like, You are aproaching a girl with the intention of getting her number and you don't have anything to write it down on. yikes!:confused:
lol - good one. So true actually.

MDgood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
East Middle North America, near the water.
I don't think you were blown off.

I'm willing to bet that the girl probably is now wondering why you came on to her on Friday, and then didn't do anything on Monday! She's probably thinking you changed your mind over the weekend.

But dude, I've been struggling with shyness my whole life, and yeah, I've made similar mistakes. You're the first to think she's not interested in you just because she didn't first come up to you and say hi. When you finally get to go out with her, the two of you are stuck opposite each other, struggling for things to say. It sucks!

lol... I wonder how many shy people actually hook up with other shy people?

Jay_VCU

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually memorize numbers from girls. I do this all the time. Then again, I'm a genius (just joking.) If you have enough mental stamina, just get the number, make sure you can repeat it back to her, then get some paper as fast as possible.

Dave_Hanson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for your input, I will see her next week when the new semester starts, so I will just remember how I am feeling right now and remember that I don't want this feeling again and I will ask her then.

I will say though, if I was blown off, it is gonna suck to get rejected again by the same girl!!!!!

Do you really believe it is possible that she was just that shy????

ranout22

Reaction score
Dont know

Hard to say what happened, but what is for sure though is that living with rejection is much much much easier than living with not knowing, by that I mean, it is much better knowing that you were or were not rejected rather than sitting around wondering like you are, next time you see her pump yourself up and go ask her, you have proven that you have the nuts to do it once, now quit feeling sorry for yourself and keep yourself preoccupied till you see her again. Your next semester should be starting in just a couple weeks. Just keep yourself busy, try not to think about it then next time you see her just set your mind at ease and find out for sure. There is no way that me or anybody can tell if you were blown off or not, there is only one person who knows for sure and that is the girl!!! So if you wanna know you have to ask her, it is a 50/50 shot.

Good luck

Dave_Hanson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Blown Off

I ran into her at school today and asked her, I was blown off, I asked her if she was still up for what we had talked about last week and all she would say was "I dont think I have any free time" and going on and on about how she has school and work and blah blah blah!!!

That door is closed, time to move on, I must say rejection is a much better feeling than wondering.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Blown Off

Originally posted by Dave_Hanson
That door is closed, time to move on, I must say rejection is a much better feeling than wondering.
1 000 000$ quote here.

Next time - memorize or always have a pen on you. I have a cell now, so that's kinda handy. :)

Dave_Hanson

Don Juan
Reaction score
none

Even if i woulda got the number last week, it obviously woulda done no good, we woudla just had the same chat on the phone.

Bubzeebub

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well...at least now you can hold your head up high and look yourself in the mirror.

On to the next one !!!!

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: none

Originally posted by Dave_Hanson
Even if i woulda got the number last week, it obviously woulda done no good, we woudla just had the same chat on the phone.
who knows? maybe it's because u didn't make the moves or moved too slow.