Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was I being too much of an assh0le?

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Eph said:
For most men (and women for that matter), up until the dawn of advanced tech, a date was almost synonymous with a conversation over dinner. Of course, there will always be out-of-the-box thinkers, but this is an undeniable fact. a fact is something that can be proved. Anyway your faulty logic is not important...let's keep context here: the OP's situation is a first time meet with a girl from OLD.

Your point? You initially said MEN which would imply ALL MEN you've sinced seen the folly of your logic and changed it to MOST MEN even though most as a qualifier is not countable....let's go with your MOST MEN logic......my point...was to show you in that thread that MOST MEN do not view going on the first date (context with OP) as synonymous with going for dinner.

Anyone wanna chime in and tell me where I said this? Because I didn't. Again context...your logic and OP's situation=I give a hypothetical situation. surely you can now grasp the folly of your logic. There's nothing wrong with taking her to dinner, if that's what you want. The fact that dinner is/was most guys' idea of a date also doesn't mean it's what you "should" be doing. A but you see it does matter.....if she's banging you then by all means take her to dinner and reward her good behaviour. Do it before and you run the danger of buying her, beta bucks, alpha fvcks

And who cares if you met your girl from online? Can you read? This is not my thread dummy. I prefer meeting women out and about, but if online dating is your thing, go for it. OP's thread And I don't know why you put "date" in quotation marks, that's exactly what it is.
....because I don't really do the conventional "date" anymore. I meet women in bars mainly these days. if we see each other again....we "hang out" or "hook up"...

'dating' and 'wining and dining her' makes it all about the woman. Again context to the OP's post......

If most men say first dates with women are going to dinner....I'm sure that would be the advice of most men on sosuave, don't you? But it doesn't appear to be....

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think OP didnt do much wrong. Like its been said before by Pyros, the chick was fishing for a free meal and when she got a hint that it might not happen even if OP was joking, she bailed.

Low-standard trashy, using chick so OP dont feel too bad.

Though in future reference OP, I wouldn't recommend dinner as a first date with chicks on Tinder or online at all. Perhaps coffee or a drink would suffice especially when dealing with alot of trashy girls online.

But that's down to opinion and what feels best for you.

Willard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I met a girl from Tinder one time, I asked her to meet for drinks, on the day of the date she texted me that we have reservations at a place for 8:00, $90 for dinner and $30 for a movie, she ended up being a gold digger.

Another time I met her at a bar/restaurant I thought for drinks but she wanted to eat, she took a phone call from her mother and spent 15 minutes trying to get her wifi to work, hardly spoke at all. I was uncomfortable eating in front of her because there was no conversation.

I only meet for drinks now, so if I like her it usually loosens her up so I can touch her and go for a kiss.

Sounds like your date wanted a free meal, I might have said I already ate, lets get a drink maybe we can eat later.

I only meet for drinks now, so if I like her it usually loosens her up so I can touch her and go for a kiss.

Last edited:

Eph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reykhel said:
a fact is something that can be proved. Anyway your faulty logic is not important...let's keep context here: the OP's situation is a first time meet with a girl from OLD.
When you (not you specifically, since it seems I have to clarify every little thing for you) think of anything, you generally think of the cliche, stereotypical version of it. For dates, that is dinner (and sometimes a movie).

"...up until the dawn of technology...". Ask any older guy what comes to mind when he hears the word "date" and dinner is likely to be his answer. Scratch that. Ask people to describe a date, and it's likely you'll hear dinner.
You initially said MEN which would imply ALL MEN you've sinced seen the folly of your logic and changed it to MOST MEN even though most as a qualifier is not countable....let's go with your MOST MEN logic......my point...was to show you in that thread that MOST MEN do not view going on the first date (context with OP) as synonymous with going for dinner.
I said men with the assumption that you were intelligent enough to know I did not mean literally every man. But it seems that was the wrong assumption. Hence, why I changed it to most men.

'dating' and 'wining and dining her' makes it all about the woman. Again context to the OP's post......
Again, no one said anything about supplicating her. That means no one said anything about "wining and dining her". Sorry, I forgot I needed to spell everything out for you. And worrying about "making it all about the woman"? You've really taken the whole "not putting her on a pedestal" thing to paranoia.

If most men say first dates with women are going to dinner....I'm sure that would be the advice of most men on sosuave, don't you? But it doesn't appear to be....
It's because most men think of dates as dinner (btw, you added in first (date), which I did not say anywhere) that SS generally gives other advice. And why on Earth do you think SS would parrot the advice, ideologies, etc of most men? Women don't want most men, they want the best men. The entire point of SS is helping guys be their best.

I've grown tired of this senseless argument with you, so this will be my last reply to you about this. Also, I'll offer some advice: stop taking everything you read here at face value. You don't need to constantly worry about whether you're being Alpha or Beta, whether or not a date makes it all about her, etc. Just relax, and worry about yourself. Everything else falls into place when you're constantly improving yourself, and putting yourself first.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wanted to use you for a free meal. If she was REALLY interested in you, I'm sure not succumbing to her b!tchy demands for dinner wouldn't have made her call it off.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Eph said:
When you (not you specifically, since it seems I have to clarify every little thing for you) think of anything, you generally think of the cliche, stereotypical version of it. For dates, that is dinner (and sometimes a movie).

"...up until the dawn of technology...". Ask any older guy what comes to mind when he hears the word "date" and dinner is likely to be his answer. Scratch that. Ask people to describe a date, and it's likely you'll hear dinner.

I said men with the assumption that you were intelligent enough to know I did not mean literally every man. But it seems that was the wrong assumption. Hence, why I changed it to most men.

Again, no one said anything about supplicating her. That means no one said anything about "wining and dining her". Sorry, I forgot I needed to spell everything out for you. And worrying about "making it all about the woman"? You've really taken the whole "not putting her on a pedestal" thing to paranoia.

It's because most men think of dates as dinner (btw, you added in first (date), which I did not say anywhere) that SS generally gives other advice. And why on Earth do you think SS would parrot the advice, ideologies, etc of most men? Women don't want most men, they want the best men. The entire point of SS is helping guys be their best.

I've grown tired of this senseless argument with you, so this will be my last reply to you about this. Also, I'll offer some advice: stop taking everything you read here at face value. You don't need to constantly worry about whether you're being Alpha or Beta, whether or not a date makes it all about her, etc. Just relax, and worry about yourself. Everything else falls into place when you're constantly improving yourself, and putting yourself first.
Great stuff! Thanks :up: