"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Walking Confident

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
I thought I would pass along a tip on something that has worked wonders for me.

I see lots of guys walking around with a "muscle man" type of walk. You know, arms stuck out about 12 inches from their sides like they are just too massive to keep down; hands clenched into a fist, shoulders hunched over to make their chest look bigger. It makes them look like a Neanderthal. When I started working out I did the same thing because I thought it made me look macho.

But then I realized that I have a friend who is a former competitive bodybuilder who doesn’t walk that way and scores more babes than I could ever dream of. He has had women crash their cars because they were distracted by him walking down the street. I decided to emulate his walk to see what would happen. Here is how I did it, and what it has done for me.

1. Open your hands as you walk and point your thumbs to the front and away from your body at a 45 degree angle. Your palms should be facing slightly forward. This does two things immediately. The open palms signal to others that you are open to be approached, are friendly and not a threat. People are more likely to respond to you if they think they are not going to be attacked. Twisting your hands this way also causes you to naturally pull your shoulders back. You walk taller and straighter and your chest will stick out, all signs of confidence. I was so shy and withdrawn I spent most of my life hunched over, so much so that my spine is now curved. After walking my “new” way for close to a year it is hardly noticeable anymore.

2. Pull your elbows in close to your body when you walk and swing your arms in a smooth, natural motion with slightly more space in the front and less behind your back. This kind of arm motion also is inviting, showing you are open and not closed off. Make your arm motions slightly exaggerated. It gives your walk a bit of a ****y swagger.

3. Try and keep your head from bobbing up and down when you walk. You are a smooth, ****y confident man, not a Jack-In-The-Box. Don’t lift way up on the toes of your feet to propel yourself. That gives you a dorky gait that will never gain the respect of anyone. Walking with a smooth heel to toe motion and keeping your head still also forces you to slow down when you walk. You not only look more confident, but you look sexier as well. In fact I have found that after reading the posts here on the Gunwitch Method, I have found it easy to integrate the “sexual state” into my walk. For me it is a natural fit.

I have been doing this for about a year, and in that time I have seen a profound difference in the way people relate to me. I walked into a store on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and the salesman was all over me. I doubt he would have taken the time before. My walk told him I had the confidence to go into the place like I owned it, even though I couldn’t afford anything there. Women regularly check me out. My own girlfriend about a month after I started saw me from a distance and said to herself “wow, that guy has a powerful walk”, without realizing it was me.

If you need to see someone in action to get it, rent any movie staring Steven Seagal. We have the same walk. I didn’t even realize it until my sister pointed out to me one day that I “swaggered just like Steven Seagal”. She has seen him in person a number of times, and when I saw him in a commercial recently I saw that it was true.

The funny thing of course is that if you start walking and acting confidently, eventually because of positive feedback you internalize it and develop real confidence. I hope that posting this helps someone out. It certainly has worked for me.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
I walk like that naturally.. Sort of...

as for

Open your hands as you walk and point your thumbs to the front and away from your body at a 45 degree angle....
People with open hands and spreas fingers are much more active... By doing that you make your-self look like your ready to do something or are going to do something... Where-as when you have your hands in your pocket your very unlikely to do something and your closed off...

Open your hands and spreas your fingers...

As for the rest do as you want. The only thing I recomend Is go to a Chiro. and ask about your posture...

You'll walk a LOT BETTER and LOOK better once you correct any flaws in posture... Once I corrected them I looked much skinnier and much more mucley.. I stick out my stomach naturally....:( so I'm still working one fixing it... i also have to learn to look straight instead of tilting my head down... makes my face look fatter...

Anyway... Okay tip
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
yes ..this is an integral part of being DJ like
:)
 

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
879
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
Earth
Originally posted by AFK Protector
Very nice breakdown of the basics. Thanks. I suggest video taping yourself and seeing how you look to other pedestrians. It acts like a mirror...pointing our flaws and areas that need improvement.

...Or just use a mirror. A big huge @$$ mirror.

Anyways, nice tips!
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
I have found this topic interesting for awhile, especially with regard to workplaces.

In workplaces you have the fast walkers and the slow walkers.

When you go out on the town, you have alot of those wanna be tough guys, puffing out their chest.

Which Seagall movie do you refer to? It's been awhile since I've seen one, but Id definitley like to review it.
 

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Capi Crimini
I walk like that naturally.. Sort of...
Yes, after a while everyone develops their own "style" of walking and with this I think the same thing is bound to happen. At first it seems weird and awkward but eventually you put your own personality into it and make it your own.
 

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Ricky
Which Seagall movie do you refer to? It's been awhile since I've seen one, but Id definitley like to review it.
It has been a while since I have seen one either, but his best are considered his first two; "Above The Law" and "Hard To Kill", and the two "Under Siege" movies.
 

McEwan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Scotland
Aye, I can confirm from the RAF training that we were taught to always walk as we stand: Proud (you're the man, remember?), upright, yet ready for action so palms open and angled down (to allow movement into grip, fist, flat palm. etc) and relaxed.

If you aren't relaxed, you'll give yourself a hernia. And how cool is that gonna look?
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
pple keep telling me I have a strut :( like i'm a tough guy. instead of impressing grls i seem to get pple in the street trying to fight me :( What is a strut? I've done it all my life!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by S0LID
pple keep telling me I have a strut :( like i'm a tough guy. instead of impressing grls i seem to get pple in the street trying to fight me :( What is a strut? I've done it all my life!
I strut is the same as a swagger. Ever heard the expression "He struts around like a rooster in a hen house"? One dictionary defined it as "a proud stiff pompous gait (walk). If that is what you are doing, the problem may be that you are coming off too arrogant to people, like you are way better than they are. The trick is to look confident, not arrogant. Make sure your walk is not stiff, but loose and relaxed. Open your hands, don't clench them into fists. Let your arms swing naturally close to your body, don't hold them out like your ready to defend yourself. And smile when you make eye contact with people.
 

Raptured Phoenix

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
190
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
Asheville, NC, USA
I heard a confidence booster body posture suggestion once.

Try to move your chest like its in front of your chin. Hold that position. breathe, move around, walk a few steps.

Now tell me you feel frightened or intimidated by someone.
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
Yeah but don't walk like one of those guys with his chest puffed out and his arms hanging on the side as if they were huge. That is the look to avoid. I think I used to do that as well, in fact I think a girl even called me a chicken for puffing my chest out (behind my back of course to another girl who told me)
 

Plane

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
This is most definantly a skill everyone should learn too do. I started walking this way about one and a half years ago and everyone seemed to notice how I was walking with so much confidence. If you can walk like this and act confident, you may have too look out for the girl DJs trying too get in your bed!
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Ricky
Yeah but don't walk like one of those guys with his chest puffed out and his arms hanging on the side as if they were huge. That is the look to avoid. I think I used to do that as well, in fact I think a girl even called me a chicken for puffing my chest out (behind my back of course to another girl who told me)
Some guys, like me just naturally walk like that because we are very muscular.

There is no right way to walk. Just walk with your head held high.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
I think one tip is to know where you're going.

You ever seen those people who look like they cant make up their mind whether to walk forward or not? Indecisive.

When you enter a room, think of your goal - then head towards it confidently. Don't walk too fast, but slowly, with a certain precision (you "know" where you're going).

Don't take this all the time though....sometimes you DO want to appear more relaxed. But if you know where you're going, you'll seem more decisive.
 
Top