Waiting for call-backs suck

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read and followed the sage advice of "spinning plates" and do such that.

However, one woman in particular sticks out and I am anticipating a call back. It sucks. Usually I don't care one way or the other.

In this case though, we had a first date, it went well, we talked AFTER the first day, which is key. A lot of times you may think a date went well and call again and never hear back. In this case, I have indeed spoken with her on the phone a few days after our first date. So, I know she had fun and wants to do something again.

I rang her yesterday and it went straight to voicemail. Haven't heard back yet. I hate when it goes straight to voicemail, as it means the phone is off and she can't see that a missed call has come, or that a voicemail was left.

Anyway, I'll see if she calls today after work. If not, perhaps one more call tomorrow or a text, and see how it goes.

I just hate waiting and would rather know--one way or another--if something is going to happen again.

Out of curiosity, what is the typical delay in call-backs you all usually get? Is it the same day, next day, two-days, etc?

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job on the date and follow up.

I have a couple of questions for you,

Did you escalate physically?

Did you kiss her?

Gents, that is why you must make sure you are clearly stating your intentions, and there is no room for misinterpretation when you are out with a new woman. A lot of times, if you don't make a strong move, they think you are not interested, and you will never be able to recover with that particular broad.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GOL,

No I didn't kiss her. It was the very FIRST time I had spoken with her. So, I was feeling it out just as she was.

Better believe that the 2nd date would not leave any doubt.

usually, I have some rapport (sp) with the women I take out on dates.

Anyway...patience is the key. I'll hold out tonight and make a call tomorrow if nothing develops......

I highly doubt 'something' happened between our convo Friday and calling her Sunday afternoon. If so, too bad, it's outta my hands......

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you discovered your passion in life, Scought. That helps.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hah, I've been trying to secure some roommates for a condo my parents just bought for me for law school...And I've been dealing with some very flaky guys who are bad about calling back. Young people these days just don't have any character...

But I kinda look at it the same way I now look at women: If they won't call me back, it either means they weren't real interested (which means I wouldn't want to room with them) or they're just flaky/unmanly, which means I should steer clear.

Steer clear of low-interest broads, and if you're a man, flakiness just isn't worth putting up with from anybody.

as far as dating girls goes, if they're interested, they usually get back with you pretty quickly (in my experience). And sometimes they even get back with you quickly if they're not interested. :rolleyes:

I'd probably expect a call the day after the msg was received. Don't wait around on her to call you back the very same night. If you don't get a call back tomorrow, you oughta just keep on lookin' because there's not much point in dating a low-interest girl.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good grief....can't anyone make a comment without the typical.

A. Have other options.
B. Do you have any passions?

No guys, no passions.

C'mon guys.

Did you not read where I have several other women I see. However, on occasion, such as this one, the others really pale in comparison.

No one has even touched on the question I posed.

Backbreaker, who says I have nothing going on? I just said it sucks when you meet a person that you click with on all levels and wait to hear back.........nothing more, nothing less.

Would me climbing mount everest today make me think waiting for call backs suck less? No. It was just a statement.

I didn't say I was crying in the fetal position. Merely, just an off-the-cuff statement that it sucks when you click with someone and a small disconnect happens.

I could call others, and I have, but they are 2nd rate to this one.

Oh well.

Obsidian...very true. Fact is, we have spoke already after the initial date. That's almost usually one of the toughest times to get in touch. I wasn't posting one of those: The date was perfect, why wont she call, threads. Because after the date, I called and we talked about setting something up for the weekend. We were both busy Saturday.

Anyway, I appreciate the insight. And I agree.

Play the Game

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you didn't leave a voice mail, and it went straight to voice mail then she didn't get a missed call.
Maybe she was out of range or her battery died. I would call back again.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would me climbing mount everest today make me think waiting for call backs suck less? No.
Nah, I agree with you man. Regardless of how cool you are or how little you need someone, it's really f*cking lame when people don't get back with you. I get pretty pissed off at my male friends when they don't call me back promptly, even if I wouldn't otherwise care much about hanging out with them.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, guys.

Read my original post.

I do appreciate the comments. Truly. However, I asked: In your experience when does a woman typically call you back?

What obsidian said was correct. PEOPLE, men and women, suck at communicating these days. I would much rather ANYONE, friend, date, lover, boss, tell me 'no' or 'i suck' rather than skirting the issue. This is a complete different topic and off of what I was trying to get at.

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I find when they're interested it's no more than a day or two. But this is not set in stone and there are many anomolies. Why don't you just call her back?

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her back, she doesn't even know you called
He's right...your original post doesn't say that you actually left a msg, altho I assumed you did.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

We've all been there before. This **** happens. Just be patient. If you don't hear from her in a week call again, leave a message or text. Keep it casual.

It does suck, but you know alot of women are spinning plates as well.

The long range focus is, you never know this girl might get back to them and they'll start banging. A few days means nothing in todays busy world.

But I will say this. From my experience, you always want the call ratio in your favor. With her calling you more. That's when you know the battle is being won.

She might be playing the Rules. I imagine he'll hear from her again.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For the millionth time, all of the answers to these kinds of questions, and specifically this one, are in the DJ Tips and Articles.

Go read them. Now.

OK, welcome back. So you'll notice that Doc Love covers this kind of situation in his unrequieted love advice articles. The key question is always: what is her interest level???

Forget how interested you are in the girl, whether the date was perfect, whether you called later and got her off 10 times with the sound of your voice. Ask yourself: what is her interest level right now? If it's below 50% despite everything you say, and that is your perspective remember, not hers, she will probably not call you.

Now additionally, some basic advice about women is: take notice of their actions more than their words. This is fundamental, if you'd read any of the DJ literature. So is she calling you back? No. What does this mean? Any number of things: she is busy, could be injured in hospital (this happens a lot), may not be interested in you, thinks it is too soon to call, never calls men back ever, etc.

How well do you know her? After your brief encounter, I'd say not very well.

What to do from here? Keep calling until you get through. Do not expect her to call. Assume her interest level is below 50% until she acts as though she in more interested than that (turns up nekkid on your doorstep, rings you and takes you to dinner, sends you roses, etc).

Get the picture?

I suggest you stop berrating the other posters and do some of your own homework first. The tips are all written in English by people who took the time and effort to write them. So go read them dude and sweep that girl off her feet.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that if I don't hear back in the first hour after calling them, there's a 95% chance you won't hear back.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In this world of cell phones, it is false to assume someone got your message.

I've had delays as much as 2 weeks before getting a voice mail.

One gal I didn't think called back actually did within about an hour of my calling ... but I didn't get the message until 9 days later, because the lame-ass phone I had at the time didn't notify me of any new messages. That drove me to Ebay to get a better phone, but I still get delayed messages! :cuss:

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't berating anyone.

However, most people on here regurgitate the same message over and over. And ad naseum.

They same the same thing: Find interest. Find other girls.

Well, no kidding. I have been on here awhile and make a commentary on how it sucks to wait for a call from a girl someone really digs.

It's rare....

Anyway, I texted her and she got back to me.

I'm gonna wait a couple days and call her and try and set something up.........

Next time, I'll preface a posting with (Yes, gentlemen, I have interests in life, and yes, gentlemen I am talking to/seeing other women....just to appease the parrots around here).

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, I texted her and she got back to me.
That's bullsh1t. Texting is for women. You called and asked her to call back and she wouldn't, but then when you texted her she responded? That's because texting you back means nothing. Her IL is not very high, and according to the Anti-Dump Machine, you shouldn't bother with low-interest girlz.

Forget this dumb broad. Just hearing about this b1tch pisses me off. It reminds me of this one girl who would only respond to me in facebook messages (and guess what...eventually, she stopped altogether!). Have more respect for yourself than to bother with this girl who won't appreciate you.