Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Volunteering and community service

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I realized years ago that the most fulfilling thing to me is helping others. I knew that as I aged, I would get to a point of wanting to focus heavily on this. I think that time has
come. I have spent a lot of time reflecting lately and what I have seen is that I am good in my career, very financially comfortable, and I always have a ton of hobbies and interests. But my interests always follow the same pattern: Find a new challenge, spend a lot of mental and physical time and energy and possibly money to be the best I can be until I master the challenge or get to a point where it no longer interests me and then I move on to the next challenge. This is feeling increasingly selfish and unfulfilling. I would like to spend more time and energy solving challenges that will help others. I see this as a win win. It’s a win for those I help, and it’s a win for me because it gives me something to apply my problem solving brain to, and will allow me to feel more purpose and connection in my life.

I am too far along and invested in my career to change careers so am looking for something I can do on the side. However, I’ve been having trouble coming up with something I feel is a good fit. I’ve thought of many options but the search continues.

I am creating this thread so that those of you who have found something on the volunteer/service front that makes you happy can share about it to give myself and others ideas.

Thanks in advance.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I volunteer from time to time at the Ronald McDonald house in Fairfield county. In addition, I sometimes also cook meals at t family shelter. Most of the vol. cooks are males nowadays. Still amazes me that most ladies no longer know how to cook.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I grew up doing Community service. Volunteer Fire fighter, youth sports coach, serve on Chamber of Commerce boards and professional society governing council, industry advocate groups, scholarship committees, etc. .

I really think it is the mark of a well rounded man to be active in their community, and it doesn't have to be a charity.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
The local animal shelter, the county to my south has a a few young, hot local news reporters who volunteer there on their days off. She's always posting on facebook and twitter pics and that.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The local animal shelter, the county to my south has a a few young, hot local news reporters who volunteer there on their days off. She's always posting on facebook and twitter pics and that.
Almost all the volunteers at any animal shelter or charity will be women. I have said on here many times that it is a super easy place to meet girls. It flies under the radar, and strikes at a time of lowered defenses. It's like the opposite of trying to talk to a girl at a club.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almost all the volunteers at any animal shelter or charity will be women. I have said on here many times that it is a super easy place to meet girls. It flies under the radar, and strikes at a time of lowered defenses. It's like the opposite of trying to talk to a girl at a club.
Good one! And i need to volunteer.

Epimanes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have thought about this..... i spent my entire life from 16 til 41 serving my wife and kids and for the most part felt unappreciated. Now that i am singleish.... i dont even know what i wana do... but this has crossed my mind to meet new ppl and build a new social circle... and whats great is likely everyone involved is appreciative of the help you provide.... im thinking it may feel pretty fulfilling to do... i havent done it yet cuz im workin on fitness but.. id like to find something that maybe adds to my fitness while i do it.

Good thread.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
So even a non super chad or Tyrone would be able to pick up a hot young news reporter at those places?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have thought about this..... i spent my entire life from 16 til 41 serving my wife and kids and for the most part felt unappreciated. Now that i am singleish.... i dont even know what i wana do... but this has crossed my mind to meet new ppl and build a new social circle... and whats great is likely everyone involved is appreciative of the help you provide.... im thinking it may feel pretty fulfilling to do... i havent done it yet cuz im workin on fitness but.. id like to find something that maybe adds to my fitness while i do it.

Good thread.
A social circle DJ bible chapter makes sense.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So even a non super chad or Tyrone would be able to pick up a hot young news reporter at those places?
With a media celebrity person, you never really know if they care about a cause or if they are just grandstanding to build their celebrity brand. Anyone else but her would be a more sure bet. Ignoring her in favor of a different woman would be the smarter play.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
With a media celebrity person, you never really know if they care about a cause or if they are just grandstanding to build their celebrity brand. Anyone else but her would be a more sure bet. Ignoring her in favor of a different woman would be the smarter play.
Down here because the pay is so low we have a TON of HOT local news reporters like 35 and under. They come out of college and take those low paying markets. Like on all 4 stations most of the reporters are min HB7 and they're all social media *****s constantly posting on twitter, instagram, and facebook. A couple of them I have saw on Match and Tinder before and it looked like a real profile. They all have a social circle and go to Miami, the beach, boating and the clubs together and post pics. If I ever saw them out and about I'd hit on them like crazy. I saw one of them in the gas station a couple months ago and was going to hit on her but I noticed she's married due to the ring but is pretty young.

If you ignore those chicks in a small setting like volunteering does that get those chicks mad they're not center of attention then?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Needs to be in the bible. As a rule these types have a systematic set of views which form their decision.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Needs to be in the bible. Ad a rule these types have a systematic set of views which form their decision.
Would you consider these women to be highly stuck up and opinionated? Like one of the hot, single (has a bf though) local mets is like this. I've talked to her a lot even tried asking her out once because she shares common interest and visits where I work sometimes. She's usually nice but boy on twitter, facebook she will be even snobby on there to people commenting to her and all. She got pissed off at me because I commented to her about one of her coworkers, friends high end HB and commented why does someone like her have to be using Tinder and she got ticked off at me in private and blocked me.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would you consider these women to be highly stuck up and opinionated? Like one of the hot, single (has a bf though) local mets is like this. I've talked to her a lot even tried asking her out once because she shares common interest and visits where I work sometimes. She's usually nice but boy on twitter, facebook she will be even snobby on there to people commenting to her and all. She got pissed off at me because I commented to her about one of her coworkers, friends high end HB and commented why does someone like her have to be using Tinder and she got ticked off at me in private and blocked me.
Pretty much they said most celebrities local and global will follow their ruleset.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you quit speculating and actuallly DO something yourself and report back.

And The OP's purpose of the thread was Personal Development not "picking up chicks"

Needless to say If you are adequately personally developed women will be attracted as a byproduct of living a fulfilling life...

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much they said most celebrities local and global will follow their ruleset.
Isn't that bad when an HB9 who's a local reporter has to use Tinder, bumble and Match? Also, one of our weather ladies down here is a former Ms. Ohio from just a few years back, about HB9 almost and she's on OLD. Why would a former Ms. America finalist in their 20s needing to resort to using OLD? Is their attitude that stuck up they can't hold onto a man? The next time I see her on OLD I think I will just direct message her on her twitter or facebook and just flat out ask her to hangout and mention I saw her on OLD. I mean, that would make you stand out versus their 200 messages on match or 250 swiped on Tinder or Bumble and being all the way at the bottom and wouldn't look creepy because you saw them on OLD.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't that bad when an HB9 who's a local reporter has to use Tinder, bumble and Match? Also, one of our weather ladies down here is a former Ms. Ohio from just a few years back, about HB9 almost and she's on OLD. Why would a former Ms. America finalist in their 20s needing to resort to using OLD? Is their attitude that stuck up they can't hold onto a man? The next time I see her on OLD I think I will just direct message her on her twitter or facebook and just flat out ask her to hangout and mention I saw her on OLD. I mean, that would make you stand out versus their 200 messages on match or 250 swiped on Tinder or Bumble and being all the way at the bottom and wouldn't look creepy because you saw them on OLD.
Still understand their value system. It will be like a sorority girl.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BigGoal I'm just curious are those glasses on your avatar pic mirrored on the inside?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Still understand their value system. It will be like a sorority girl.
Even though they've should outgrown this stage by now? The one, former Ms. Ohio that I saw on old recently I think I'll message her on Facebook and joke about it. Any pua I could use on her?