"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

voice empowering

NoMoreGames

New Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
i read the part of DJ bible about how to impower voice.

but i think it wasn't enough..
esp the "sympathetic frequency" part was not clear and understandable.

can anyone give me some more details on this issue plz.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
298
Reaction score
1
bump.

I read Senor Fingers' post as well.. but it seems that all the practice I do with his voice exercises don't do that much for me.

1. I still can't find my diapraghm all the time and speak in a manner that uses it.

2. I'm not sure what's the sympathetic frequency. I feel a vibration at several different pitches, but I have no idea which one is the right 'frequency'.

3. Even when I lower and try to project my voice, I have difficulty being heard, especially in loud clubs etc. I have to lean in and shout in a higher pitched voice which essentially fuks up the body language interaction.
 

Ian19

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 17, 2002
Messages
185
Reaction score
0
I have a tape called "The Sound of your Voice" which is really good for improving your voice in many ways. I'm from the deep south and used to have a bad southern accent. I managed to eliminate my accent(I'm often mistaken for being from California now) and my ability to inflect and speak much better and more powerfully. It hasn't translated into any success stories but I feel better about the way I come acroos nonetheless. I can speak with greater vocal strength and I no longer refer to a group of people as "y'all."
 

akindofblue

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
1
Age
47
Location
Cali
I managed to eliminate my accent
Two thumbs down to losing your accent. Your accent is one of the few things that immediately distinguish you from others. It's part of your identity and part of your natural voice.

I had a pretty strong southern accent, too. And then I went and lost it. Lived in London (actually picked up a
bit of a British accent). Lived in California. And then I got it back with some effort in Cali and in the south. Moved back to California, felt like I was speaking with my true voice, could use my accent to bring about jokes, and to say phrases that wouldn't sound right without a southern accent. Not to mention the fact that the ladies love a nice southern accent.
 
Top